Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2009 Mazda6

Comments

• Aw, jeez. That sounds like a problem that would frustrate me, too. Unfortunately, I can't see it for myself so I can't diagnose a problem. Does sound suspicious, though... :confuse:
  • Sorry to crash your thread, but what's the top speed on the 09 6? It looks like it would go pretty fast with the new styling, but I've only been in one once, so I'm pretty clueless :) .
  • ivan_99ivan_99 Posts: 1,669
    It looks like it would go pretty fast with the new styling,

Not sure what you mean.

Do you mean the styling has a low drag coefficient...therefore it will have a high top speed?

I'm not certain that drag coefficient has a large role in these vehicles top speed...most are electronically limited.
  • I feel for you, I got a rock chip in my windshield not a week after I got my car.

still, depending on how the rock hit the bumper, I'm not sure what mazda could do about it. Sucks that it happened so soon after you bought the car, but that doesn't mean there is a flaw in the car itself.
  • pamn,

I am sorry to hear about your new car's paint issue. I also own a new Mazda6 and noticed just a couple weeks after driving that a small paint chip was on the hood. I am told it is more likely to happen during cold weather. It is not down all the way to the metal thankfully.

How big is your chip? Or is it more of a flake (larger than a chip)?
  • drosadrosa Posts: 24
    So pissed off! Snowed here in Central Jersey this morning. Had choice of picking up my co-worker or getting picked up. My wrong choice is costing 2K+ worth of Rim and suspension damage to my new 6. I turned onto his street which was not plowed yet and could not make the sharp left. Ended up side swiping the curb with both right rims. At first I thought I just needed a alignment and could find rims on ebay to replace the scratched ones. I went straight to the dealer driving at 20mph and my steering wheel turned all way to left. Dealer calls me back $2300 worth of damage. Tie Rod, strut, Rim, etc. :sick: I am so pissed. I have to file an insurance claim for that kind of $ .
  • Aw that's terrible. Just another reason to fully support global warming.
  • pamnpamn Posts: 2
    The flake on the front bumper of my car is probably about the size of a dime. Underneath the paint is hard plastic. After a few days of back and forth with the bodyshop guy and Mazda, I was able to speak with the owner of the dealership and have him look at the car. He's agreed to repair it correctly (the body shop guy wanted to mix paint and apply). They're going to put a pressure washer on it to make sure that no other paint will come off and then feather out the spot, repaint and apply clearcoat to the entire bumper. Couldn't have asked for more. He understood my frustrations and did the right thing. We'll see how it turns out.
  • DBM89DBM89 Posts: 2
    My dad bought me a Mazda 6 2009, s Grand Touring, and has a several paint problem. The paint of my car, has stains on all the car. The only thing that accept Mazda, is to re-paint all the car, free, but, i wanted to change it to a new one, because i do not trust the quality of the body shop of Mazda here in Mexico. The most surprising thing, my best friend bought the same car, in the same color(silver), and has the same problem, unless than my car. Where is the quality of Mazda? Please check your car, if you have a Mazda 6 09 silver color. This stains, are like white, only you can see on the sun, in certain angles.
  • m6userm6user Posts: 2,998
    Since something like this hasn't been reported widely, I would venture a guess that this happened during shipment of the vehicle between Detroit and Mexico.
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Posts: 3,159
    since the Mazda6 under goes numerous quality check point through out the production process, I highly doubt there is a quality problem, but rather an isolated incident. Remember, you have a metallic paint. It will shimmer in the sunlight.
  • What colors do you think this car looks best in? What colors don't work as well?
  • Colors that work well:
    Brilliant Silver, Kona Blue, Sangria Red (on V6 models) and Dark Cherry.

Colors that don't work well:
    Comet Gray, Smokestone and Light Ice Blue...
  • For sure not the light ice blue. How do you spell u g l y?

It is hard to keep clean but I dig my black 6.
  • jkobty2jkobty2 Posts: 210
    These are the best colors in my opinion, in order
    1. Blue (2 tone interior is great)
    2. Black (If it comes in 2 tone interior would be even better).
    3. Dark red (I am not sure what it is called)
    4. Red
    5. Grey

Worst colors
    1. White
    2. Silver
  • sedmundsedmund Posts: 93
    I went with hankook w409 winter i pike snow tires on 17" maxim wheels couple of weeks ago. Snow handling of these tires is awesome. We had about 6 inches of snow today and my 6 went up my un-plowed steep driveway with ease! Amazing what a difference snow tires can make! These tires also have decent dry handling and pretty quiet on highway driving. Very happy with them so far.
  • Yeah i have a black 6 too. I try to wash it every other week. Especially since I just got some 20" rims put on ;) ;) . I need lowering kit now to make everything look straight ;)
  • what are the specs of the 20" rims that you put on your 6? is it a 2009 6? did you have to do any mods for them to fit? Im looking to get some 20" rims but it seems that it is not recommended!! do you have pics?
  • Black on Black!
  • Hi,
    can you tell me which transmitter you bought for your ipod classic?

Thanks
  • Congrats! I got the same car with the same options. Black on black!
    I love it!
    I paid 23,791 + TTL.
  • Anyone notice a rattle in the front centre speaker when you drive through little road bumps with models equipped with the Bose system?
  • Yeah I got the 2009 mazda 6. The size of the rims are 20x7.5. You can get 22s but they'll rub(I might get 22s in a year...maybe :P ). If you decide to get rims get either 20x7.5 or 20x8. Honestly I think it handles better with the 20s than the 18s. I'll post pics tonight since I'm at work right now
  • Bah, my grey looks great, and it's a beautiful paint just as the sun is setting and the blue comes out. Plus, it's bit easier to deal with in a dirty winter then black.

I've seen mostly black and greys on the road, and one white. Nothing else.
  • 09 Mazda 6 with 20" rims (may get 22s next year :P ). I need lowering springs now.

• According to Automotive news, some 29,000 '09 Mazda6's (which I think would be all of them sold at this point) are being recalled for a possibly fault in the outside door handle. Something about the fit not being quite right, causing the handle to not close all the way with the potential being there for the door to fly open on it's own. There is one case of that, in Canada.
  • Thanks for the heads up. I just checked my car (6i Touring) on MyMazda and did not find any recall notices on it. This recall seems to be model specific.
  • I have just purchased an 09 Mazda 6 Grand Touring and have put 850 miles on it and am loving it. However, the back shelf where the speakers are rattles all the time. The dealer has ordered a new back shelf. Hopefully this will solve the problem. Everything else is tight with no rattles. Any car can develope rattles from many different sources. I hope your dealer can fix all of the rattles.
  • yeah, I dunno about that. It was just announced, they may not have updated mymazda yet. Since they are supposed to send out letters to owners of the affected cars, I'd just wait for that, or use the contact info below. There is only 1 reported case - in Canada - of it happening, so I don't know how many cars is actually affects.

Make: MAZDA Model: MAZDA6
    Model Year: 2009
    Manufacturer: MAZDA MOTOR CORP Mfr's Report Date: FEB 03, 2009
    NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number: 09V043000
    N/A
    NHTSA Action Number: N/A
    Component: STRUCTURE:BODY:DOOR:HINGE AND ATTACHMENTS
    Potential Number of Units Affected: 29000
    Summary:
    MAZDA IS RECALLING 29,000 MY 2009 MAZDA6. THE OUTER DOOR HANDLES MAY STICK WHICH MAY PREVENT THE DOOR FROM LATCHING. THIS SITUATION MAY ALLOW THE DOOR TO OPEN WHILE THE VEHICLE IS IN MOTION.
    Consequence:
    DRIVING THE VEHICLE WITH THE DOOR UNLATCHED COULD LEAD TO AN UNBELTED OCCUPANT BEING EJECTED AND COULD RESULT IN DEATH OR INJURY.
    Remedy:
    DEALERS WILL INSPECT THE DOOR HANDLES AND IF NECESSARY REPAIR OR REPLACE THE HANDLES FREE OF CHARGE. THE RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN ON OR BEFORE FEBRUARY 13, 2009. OWNERS MAY CONTACT MAZDA AT 1-800-222-5500.
    Notes:
    MAZDA RECALL NO. 5209A. CUSTOMERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV .
  • ventureventure Central PAPosts: 452
    The recall affects the 2009 Mazda 6 with VIN Range of 1YV HP8**95 M00057 - M36656 (the * can be any letter or number) and Build Date from April 8, 2008 through November 7, 2008.

Some vehicles have already been repaired at the Ports.

My 6s GT is within that VIN Range so is one of those affected. I have not had the problem described though - yet.

2014 Fusion, 2013 Impreza, 2011 Forester