Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2009 Mazda6

Comments

• exit123exit123 Posts: 136
    Since the 2009 Mazda6 will not be introduced at the NAIAS in Detriot, I'm taking that as a sign that the release will be later rather than earlier.
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Posts: 3,159
    Look for it in New York come April
    I need to correct myself. We will not see the North American version on the 2009 Mazda6 in New York in April. Mazda is holding an event for dealers in late April, and that will be the first public showing of the 2009 Mazda6. The rest of the public is going to have to wait.
  • exit123exit123 Posts: 136
    Hopefully one of the dealers invited will get some photos and have some first impressions.
    It's open to all dealers. I am assuming that upper management and or ownership will represent the dealers there. I would not be suprised if photos and specs were leaked out before hand.
  • I'm in Columbus Ohio and the 3 dealers have a whopping 10 6s in inventory right now put together. I mean I know it's on it's way out, but that seems a little low given the timeframe posted on here for a release late in the year.
    That's surprising to me. I have close to 50 in stock, and not worried about selling them, either.

Allocations are closing in February, and I need to make sure I have enough to last until the new 6 comes out. In my area, they are a good seller. Actually the North East is the highest selling region for Mazda, where I am located.
  • jeffyscottjeffyscott Posts: 3,855
    After reading your post, I took a look at my area using mazdausa.com inventory search. At first I thought it was showing the same thing, only 10 Mazda6 sedans within 50 miles of me. But then I noticed all 10 were at one dealer, which did not seem too likely. I picked a dealer that had none according to the list and it then showed 10 vehicles at that dealer. I found that no matter what you do it always shows no more than 10.

Either Mazda changed that feature, or it is broken.
    According to media.mazda.com, the new Mazda6 will offer AWD. The Mazda6 (Atenza in Japan) goes on sale today in Japan. Their press release stated Mazda's electrically-controlled Active Torque Split AWD will be available. I wonder if this is a hint that we will be getting it over here?
  • d_hyperd_hyper Posts: 130
    Old one used to have AWD too, but never made it to the States (except for Speed6). I wish they'd bring AWD wagon - Subaru has that market all for itself.
  • moparbadmoparbad Posts: 3,842
    Mazda6 for US is completely different.

Japan's New Mazda Atenza Does Not Hint at 2009 Mazda 6 for U.S

I like the Euro Mazda6 and the Japanese Atenza, I suspect I'll be VERY disappointed when the US Mazda6 debut.
  • As someone who sells thse things for a living I am hugely disappointed by this news. The Atenza and 6 for the European market are stunning. :cry:
  • mz6greyghostmz6greyghost Posts: 1,230
    They've been touting the "completely different" line for months now, ever since the 6 was introduced in Europe.

It's Mazdas way of trying to keep the element of surprise for the '09 6 AFAIC. EVERY other indication, from actual NA Mazda dealers that have seen the second-gen already, to the hundreds of spy shots of NA test cars, to some of the technical details that have been leaked, tells us that the NA version will essentially be the SAME modified first-gen platform that the rest of the world uses, very similar styling (with modifications for crash standards in the US market), and a slight increase in size.

I'd wait to see/drive the car IN PERSON before I'd form an opinion on it...
    In April we will know exactly what it looks like. There is a dealer meeting in Denver, and the new Mazda6 will be showcased there.

I find it hard to believe that we have not seen a single spy pic of this vehicle undergoing testing, if in fact it looks nothing like the Euro/Japanese model. Why did we see numerous pics of the car driving around the country if we are not going to get it??

Also, why would MazdaUSA post a picture of the new Mazda6 on their site if we are not to get it?

BTY, Mazda has certification tests for all sales employees, and the 2008 Mazda6 test show pictures of the up comming Mazda6 in them.
  • I hope it has manual transmission with a clutch, good powerful air conditioning, plenty of power, good gas mileage,and no increase in price. :surprise: Does anyone know what the list price will be?
    I hope it has manual transmission with a clutch, good powerful air conditioning, plenty of power, good gas mileage,and no increase in price.

Considering Mazda does not have a CVT or DSG, I would suspect a manual tranny, possibly 6-speed, in addition to their 6 speed auto through out their lineup. The Mazda6 has always had good A/C. Fuel economy apparently has been improved with their new 2.5L as well as power. As for price, we are all still waiting.
    A little birdy told me the front end of the Mazda6 will be the same as the Euro one. It will be bigger and the rear end will be different. Other then that, basically the same thing. The new Mazda3 however, is just HOT. WOW.
  • mpg60mpg60 Posts: 71
    Aviboy, is the new 3 going to be a 2009 release or will it be 2010. i am ready to buy a new 3 of course the new release.
    I have no idea when the new 3 will be out. I don't know specs either. I was privied to the design, which is just unbelievable.
  • What is the new design of the Mazda3 ? :surprise:
    Other then that, basically the same thing.

I'm surprised since Euro Mazda6 and Japanese Atenza offer four cylinders only.
    I would have expected different engines in the US to include a six cylinder.
    I was referring to design, not engine choices. When I asked about what V6 Mazda will use, I did not get an answer. My guess is it will be the 3.5, not the 3.7. Bummer.
    I can't really describe it. The best I can say is that is has more of a "flow" to it.

One more thing about the Mazda6, from what I was told, there is a bit of Lexus / Toyota in the rear design. More Lexus I hope. Also, the dual exhaust will be part of the bumper, not pipes under the bumper, like in the Euro version. Look for the Mazda6 to be near the size of the 2002-2006 Altima. Apparently, it is built on the same chassis as well, the GG/GY platform, not the Ford Mondeo platform, but, I did not get a confirmation on that either.

Once again, the front end and side profile are almost exactly what Japan is making for Japan and Europe. The rear end and overall size is where they will differ.

Also, I did not get a confirmation about AWD, either. Still a rumor.
  • d_hyperd_hyper Posts: 130
    That's the only image I saw of 2010 Mazda3. Sorry for off-topic http://dikarockz.blogspot.com/2007/12/hot-news-2010-mazda-3.html
  • mpg60mpg60 Posts: 71
    Hmm, not sure if that is what the mazda 3 will look like. this article in left lane news discusses that the new mazda 3 will take on cues of the new nagare concept which other future mazda models will also get styling cues from according to Mazda's design chief.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2009-mazda3-to-indicate-future-styling-of-mazda-mode- ls.html
    Yes, the next Mazda3 will have design cues from that concept series. Trust me, the real thing looks more realistic and much nicer then the concepts do.
  • zzzoom6zzzoom6 Posts: 425
    I'm eagerly awaiting what the NA mazda6 and next get mazda3 will look like, so any news is good news. Keep the updates comin and thanks!
  • This month's Motor Trend has a bit of info on the US-spec Mazda6, and I'm really disappointed. Again, it confirms a larger vehicle than Japan/Europe, stating it will be built on Ford Mondeo platform, which is an updated version of the Fusion/Milan/MKZ CD3 platform. However (and here's the part I really don't like), there will be NO hatch and NO wagon -- Sedan only. They're saying it will get the Ford 3.5 V-6 and likely AWD option. They have a spy shot of it, but it's got so much camoflouge that it doesn't look like anything special really. I love the foreign market Mazda6 in all three forms and am just so dissapointed that all we get is a bloated sedan that'll probably try to compete directly with Camry/Accord/Altima/Sonata......and not really stand out. I sure hope Mazda proves me wrong. However, on a lighter, and somewhat off-topic note, this month's issue of Road & Track has a pic of the forth coming Audi A5 Sportback.....Wow! It is really nice looking -- kind of a cross between a hatch & wagon.
    When I've said I'm concerned about Mazda designing a different Mazda6 for the USA I'm referring to the platform and mechanicals and exterior.
    Mazda could perform the "lipstick on a pig" treatment for the 2009 and change the exterior and interior with minor changes to platform and engines.
    Did it look like this?

http://www.leftlanenews.com/mazda-6-future.html

If you notice, the interior is the same (thank God). The front and side are the same too. The rear is different, but I do like the exhaust coming out of the bumper. Very nice. Really, guys, this car even under camo, still looks so much better then anything out there right now. Also notice, it's not going to have a total plastic mesh grill. It will probably be some sort of "sport" type, body colored grill.

What is a concern of mine is the V6 engine choice? Is it lighter? More fuel efficient I-4? Does it have electro-hydrolic steering like the rest of the Mazda lineup? Other then that, the car should not disappoint.