Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2009 Mazda6

Comments

• Thanks for the info! I sent an email to Mazda just as heybroder instructed on Monday. Nothing yet. Since I'm not a prior or current Mazda owner (yet!) I guess I'll just have to be happy with the S-Plan. :)

Thanks guys for the tips and advice!

I do have some more questions for everyone.

I've heard that in order for a dealership to move a car from one store to the other, or trade one between dealerships, the buyer is required to put down a deposit on the car. Everything I've ever read has told me to never put down a deposit on a car they don't actually have. So what is the right thing to do? How much would a reasonable deposit be? Has anyone using the S-Plan been asked to do this when they don't have the car you want on the lot? Thanks!
  • ohblueohblue Posts: 39
    If it were me, I'd just go buy it from the dealer who has it (especially if you are s-plan), instead of letting someone who doesn't care about your car "break it in" for you by driving it to your dealer. Better yet, order exactly what you want from the dealer of your choice (if you can wait for it). I think that's what I am going to have to do.

BTW, I sent emails 2 days in a row, and my wife and I were Mazda owners in the past (MX-6 & RX-7), but not currently. They still offered to send the $500 card.

Good luck...
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Posts: 3,159
    It takes anywhere between 4 and 6 weeks.

A fresh order takes 8-10 weeks from the time of allocation to dealer inventory.

What your dealer did you for was alter an incoming unit before it went into production. Once the vehicle has been produced, it's roughly 4-6 weeks.
  • ohblueohblue Posts: 39
    Ah, not what I wanted to hear, but thanks anyway....bummer.
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Posts: 3,159
    Ask your local dealer to spec changew an incoming unit. If possible, you can get the car in 4-6 weeks. Maybe longer, depending upon where you live.
  • Thanks for the reply! There is a reason I'm trying to stick with one dealership, even though they don't actually have the car I want yet. They are offering a "Free Lifetime Powertrain Warranty" on any new Mazda purchased from them. Since I don't see anyone else offering it, I guess that means that it's limited to this dealership. I'm assuming that means if something covered by a "powertrain warranty" needs replacing once the factory warranty expires, only this dealership will honor the "lifetime" one, unlike Nissan who did offer a nationwide one in the spring.

So, is it worth it to go through this dealership just to get the free extra warranty? I do plan to keep the car for at least the 5 year/60,000 mile factory warranty timeframe, and possibly longer. There's a small, but real chance, that I might not live in this area when the factory one is up. Who knows? They don't actually have the car I want, but claim to have "located" it. The other 2 Mazda dealerships near me don't have the one I want, either. So, whoever I go with will have to bring it in from somewhere. I really don't think I can be patient enough to wait for one on order. I've been looking for a new car for a year. Now that I've found what I want, I want it now. :)

Any suggestions? Thanks!
  • that just means the dealership is about to go out of buisness.

;) i kid, but i wouldnt doubt some dealership has tried that before going under
  • m6userm6user Posts: 2,898
    Is it Naperville Mazda that is offering this "lifetime powertrain warranty? You should get something from them in writing regarding the fine print of the warranty. Since they are the only Mazda dealer in Chicagoland offering the warranty it may only be good at that dealer. However, they may be buying an aftermarket warranty which may be good nationwide. If so, reading the fine print is even more important especially if it is a major player in your purchase decision.

You might try Wilkins Mazda on Butterfield Rd. They usually have a very large inventory. When the new 6's were just hitting the dealerships they had more than anybody and they have always been very competitive on pricing.
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,630
    Just check to see if the warranty is backed by a company other than the dealership. There's a Chrysler Jeep dealership in my area that offers a powertrain warranty (up to 100k miles) on all used cars, and it is backed by a large insurance company. Service can be performed anywhere as long as it is pre-authorized.
  • I wasn't a current or prior Mazda owner and received the card......Mazda Customer Service was nice enough to send it to me. The Private Launch Bonus is done through email.....$1000 for the Mazda6 or $500 off any other Mazda product. Mazda Customer Service if they want to, can also help you out bigtime with the S-Plan! Good luck to all! :shades:
  • cirrusscirruss Posts: 87
    I called today and told them I will be buying a new 09 Mazda 6. I asked about any incentives and S plan, but he said no to each and everything I asked. He said the $500 is only for previous Mazda owners (which I am not), and the S plan is only for people who has an affiliation with a company that provides the S plan.

I also emailed them and got a reply back today. The reply also states there is no incentives if I am buying the vehicle. Only the current lease specials are available.

QUOTE:
    "Thank you for contacting Mazda. Unfortunately, the only incentive for the 2009 Mazda6 is for lease on the I-Sport model. Mazda does not have any incentives for purchase at this time. Keep in mind that all incentives are only released at the first of each month and I would be unable to speculate on future purchase incentives."

I am wondering if I should try calling again and see if another service rep can get me the $500 card.
  • Time to say bye-bye to the original Mazda 6, born as a 2003 model and, frankly, showing hair loss and plenty of wrinkles as it winds up its sixth year. In retrospect, it was hardly a contender, too undersized and roughly mannered to hold its place in the growing segment of family-size imported sedans as the Toyota Camry, the Honda Accord, and the Nissan Altima zoom-zoomed in sales
  • For those who have an 09 Mazda 6, have you seen anyone else driving one in your city/neighborhood (besides yourself)? I live in Northern VA and I haven't seen anyone else driving one. It makes me feel kind of special LOL.

Oh yeah, the Bluetooth works great. I just have to get my phone book programmed and I'll be set.
    Can you explain just how Mazda "helped you out bigtime with the S-Plan"?
  • Without a doubt, I would contact another Customer Service Representative. Say what you have seen from other Mazda buyers (at the time pre-buyers) on thie forum. I did. That probably helped my cause. Just be extremely nice about it. The things I have stated are the TRUTH! I have told you these things in hopes of helping you to save money. It is obvious that Mazda doesn't have to do this or do that. It does freak me out to hear that your story is practically the opposite of my experience! Hope things change for you quickly! If they had not helped me out, I was still going to purchase one of their awesome vehicles! :shades:
  • From what a few of you have said in this forum, it looks like Mazda has went out of their way to help me and my family purchase one of their outstanding vehicles. Perhaps it was just the extremely nice person I contacted via email and Customer Service; or the things I said and how I said them. I don't know. It could have been a combination of the two. My experience with MazdaUSA has been awesome! And I plan on keeping it that way! Good luck to ALL of you! :shades:
    Appreciate your encouragement. However, I was just wondering how exactly did MazdaUSA help you out with the S-Plan???

Did they send you something that qualified you for the S-Plan? Did they call or notify the dealer to give you S-Plan pricing? Did the dealer just give you S-Plan pricing or what? Or did you become a member of the Karting Assoc to become a S-Plan qualifier? Realize they might have did something very nice for you but I am looking for some details on how you got the S-Plan pricing.
  • A reporter is interested in talking with owners of a 2009 Mazda 6. If you are interested in commenting on your experience, please reply to jwahl@edmunds.com no later than Monday, November 3, 2008 and include your city and state of residence, the model year of your vehicle and the age of your child/ren.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• Please explain what the S plan is and how to qualify.

I test drove the GT and the MS3.
    The GT was nice but it felt very harsh over small road expansion joints, potholes, etc. I thought the tires were overinflated but were not. Has anyone else felt this?

The Mazda 6 is definitely a great car in many ways.

FYI-The dealer sent me an email to say that I could have any Mazda 6 for $200 BELOW invoice. The dealer is in Philadelphia...Go Phillies!
    My understanding is that the S-Plan is offered to employees of suppliers to Mazda mainly but you can also be authorized to use it through other means such as membership in the World Karting Assoc. A Mazda employee could certainly explain it better than I can.

However, if dealers in your area are offering 6's for under invoice you have the ability to get as good or better price than S-Plan already. From what I've read on this forum I think S-plan is basically invoice plus a documentation fee.