Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2009 Mazda6

Comments

• Do you have traction control off or something? I have a very steep, very long driveway that would occasionally give my forrester problems, and it's been snowing pretty much every day this week, and I've had no issues. Granted, I think the all seasons they put on these cars are kind of crap in the snow (give me some triple tread all seasons any day) but I've been surprised at just how well the car has been doing in the snow and ice.
  • Hey, thanks avi. I check out this site to research models and I appreciate your contributions. Last answer sounds great if it happens, sounds like it will allow Mazda to have more control over their products (for the better).
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Posts: 3,159
    I'm glad I could help!

sounds like it will allow Mazda to have more control over their products (for the better)

There won't be much change over product control, but, rather how the company is run. Think of Mazda being more efficient with daily operations.
  • No I don't have traction control off. In fact when I was trying to drive up the snowy driveway I saw the tcs light/icon on the dash come on a few times but it didn't help. BTW apart from my driveway I didn't have any traction issues with the 6 anywhere else even when on some areas where the roads weren't fully clear and had some snow on them. It's basically the slope of my driveway that's causing issue here with the 6.
    BTW the awd CX-9 that we have went up the driveway unflinchingly, just before I tried the 6 and failed. I used to be skeptical of awd's till I got to see the ease with which our CX-9 climbs up our driveway under low traction conditions.
  • I have a 09 Mazda6 S Grand Touring.
    I drove in over 10 inches of snow today with no issues!
    I also had a small problem getting up my high driveway.
    I switched off the traction control & was easy able to get in my garage!
  • jeffyscottjeffyscott Posts: 3,855
    Perhaps, while the Mazda6 comes with all-season tires, they are more performance oriented and less all-season-ish than what some other vehicles come with.
  • I bought My Mazda6 in October and got my remote Mazda remote start put installed in November. The shop had a tough time installing it taking them two days and they needed to give me a car rental, but anyway the remote start is not that great. My issues i have with it are, 1)the remote start key is one button. you need to hold it for one second then push it quickly again for your car to start. if pushed wrong it will set off your car alarm and not start your car, so when you go outside your car is off but your alarm is on. 2) with advance key less system, when you open your door it turns off the car. it is a safety feature. so you will have to restart your car after you open your door. 3) the key fob does not tell you if your car was started, im kind of picky on that one but it would be nice to be able to tell if it started or not other than walking outside to see if it worked or not. so I would probably pass on it unless those aren't much of an issue for you. OH and one other thing, you can not have your rear defrosters turned on with your car, so you will have to turn it on after you get in your car.
  • I have a 2009 Mazda 6 S GT.. I was pulling out of a parking lot today, and there was about 6 - 8 inches of snow at the end of the parking lot. I stopped to make sure no cars were coming down the road and hit the gas. the TCS light began the flash.. I wasn't moving very far. then out of no where my car turned off.. I looked at the start button and noticed that just the accessories were on. I press the start button. Turned off the TCS and got right out.

Has anyone else had this problem.. or knows what might cause this?
    I also live on a steep hill and have not had an issue getting up my driveway.

I was mildly concerned when my car turned off thou...
    I was pulling out of a parking lot today, and there was about 6 - 8 inches of snow at the end of the parking lot. I stopped to make sure no cars were coming down the road and hit the gas. the TCS light began the flash

First, your TCS should be turned off when starting from a dead stop and you are in snow that deep because you need wheel spin to get your car moving forward. The TCS light was flashing because the car was letting you know the TCS was activated (preventing wheel spin by reducing engine throttle and utilizing the brakes). The TCS system was working properly.

I wasn't moving very far. then out of no where my car turned off.

My guess is that since the TCS was engaged for so long, the throttle was reduced for too long and the engine starved itself of fuel.

Again, when starting from a dead stop, turn off the TCS until you are actively moving forward, then turn it back on. Your salesman should have told you that. You can also read about it in your owners manual.
  • A reporter is interested in talking with owners of a 2009 Mazda 6 who are parents. If you are interested in commenting on your experience, please reply to jwahl@edmunds.com no later than Friday, December 26, 2008 and include your city and state of residence, the model year of your vehicle and the age of your child/ren.

Thanks,

Jonathan Wahl
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds Inc.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• ivan_99ivan_99 Posts: 1,653
    Again, when starting from a dead stop, turn off the TCS until you are actively moving forward, then turn it back on. Your salesman should have told you that. You can also read about it in your owners manual.

or...

just don't floor it when in 6-8 inches of snow ;)
  • I've had my 09 M6 for about 2 1/2 months and I noticed over the weekend, while looking under my hood, that my engine coolant is low. My car is new, so why is my engine coolant level low? :confuse: Nothing is leaking, so should i take back to Mazda to have them look at it or just put some more engine coolant in it? :confuse:
  • rnmomrnmom Posts: 32
    My husband drove the car today 6cy we want it loaded theonly thing not include is navi. Leasing for 36 monthe 10,5 miles 2000.00 down includes tax first month and fees. for 419 a month I live in NYC any idea if that is a good n7umber the I was told the car listed for 26,000 and we would get it for around 23,00 Help
  • danxpdanxp Posts: 35
    does the M6 have this option? you know, when you put the car in reverse, the side mirrors tilt downward so you can see the curb so you don't mess up your rear rims?

this is pretty standard on the higher end cars such as acura, bmw and lexus, but have yet to see it on any mazda or toyota/honda...

thanks.
  • rik4rik4 Posts: 90
    mazda was offering the base 6I listed for 19,920 or so for 199.00 a month so if you are getting the car for 23,000 .00 then over 400.00 is grand theft auto. do the math you pay over 7200.00 more in the less than the base car which is only 4000.00 less.find another dealer.
  • ventureventure Central PAPosts: 445
    No. I just leave the switch over to the right mirror and adjust it down when parking. That's one thing I definitely miss. Not a deal breaker though.

2014 Fusion, 2013 Impreza, 2011 Forester

I highly doubt you are looking at a "loaded" Mazda6 s GT for $23,000. It lists for $30,000.

Did your payment include sales tax, fees, etc? How much money are you putting down?
  • Hopefully you're looking at the overflow and not the radiator. If the overflow is low just add water and check it again in a month. If the overflow is empty and the radiator is low, then get it to the dealer (have it towed if it's running HOT).
  • Thanks. It was the overflow. I had the Technician check it when I went in for my oil change. He said every thing was good.
  • If I change the speakers will my Bumper to Bumper Warranty be void? :confuse: