Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2009 Honda Pilot

Comments

• Does the 2009 Pilot EX-L have the reverse camera?
  • Yes, the Pilot EX-L does have the reverse camera. It pops up in the rearview mirror, unlike the Touring edition that has it on the navigation screen.
  • poodog13poodog13 Posts: 320
    Just curious, what other warranty work were you having done?
  • bbentbbent Posts: 3
    I have a 2009 Pilot that has a vibration. It starts around 40 mph and goes away at about 55 mph. It feels similar to the tires being out our balance, but they have been rebalanced. We have had it in to the dealership several times and they (and Honda) are saying that this is a typical characteristic of the car. The vibration is significant enough that I feel others would be noticing this as well. Is anyone having a similar issue?
  • By any chance...have you (recently) had cross bars added? I had a similar problem and it was due to the bars installed backward. :D
  • Anybody have any recommendations on replacement tires for a 2009 EX-2WD? I got about 40,0000 miles on the original manfacturer Goodyears.
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,109
    Honda Pilot Tires and Wheels may be helpful.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • We keep having issues with the "back side panels" on the inside of the car... they seem not to fit right and keep popping out of space (leaving visible gaps). This was the 2nd or 3rd time we have had to replace them. :sick: We have a few friends with the same car and none have had this issue. It appears that the last time did the trick as we haven't had to go to fix it again :D
  • joeinvajoeinva Posts: 2
    I'm looking at the 2011 Pilot. How is the highway noise and ride?
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    One person's "quiet" will be another person's "noisy." It tends to be relative to other vehicles you've driven. Take one for a spin yourself, you'll be glad you did!

On a side note, I had no idea the 2011 was out.
  • joeinvajoeinva Posts: 2
    2011 out! love my 4runner but I am looking for an upgrade. Size, Ride and options. first experance with honda. looking at the 2011 touring loaded with extended Warrantee 40,100. at Pohanka in VA. Alot of comments about NASA controls but that what I love about it. Need a good ride would like to be able to hear the radio and talk to the wife. (in that order).
    Pilot ride is better IMO due to wider wheel base.
    Sorry, meant track not wheelbase.
  • You won't believe this, but you're gonna have to try it: had this same problem happen to my two keys sometime last year. Told my dealer's service department about this. They replied that it's because of "bleeding" / moisture from the batteries that affects the contacts. Wiped off moisture from both batteries: both miraculously worked fine again, still going strong!
  • optima2optima2 Posts: 2
    I have a 2009 pilot and it has 27,317 miles. There's a humming/ rumbling noise at 25 mph and 38 mph and at 65 mph. Went for a test drive yesterday with the service manager and he notice that when the ECO light starts to come on, that's when the noise occurs. Any one else have that problem and is there anyway to fix it?
  • optima2optima2 Posts: 2
    I also have a 2009 pilot. I had vibration only when I apply my brakes. Took it back to my dealership 3 times. Three times it was the brake rotors warping. First time they resurface all the rotors(N/C). Second time they replace the rear rotors with new ones(N/C). Finally just today they replace the front rotors. I don't think it is your tires(N/C). Service manager told me that they been having this problem with all the pilots.
    So if I were you I would fight and get it fix asap. Good luck.
    If you've had the rotors resurfaced and then replaced, I hope you've also had the pads replaced. Uneven rotors will cause uneven pad wear.
  • cw4pilotcw4pilot Posts: 1
    I am having the same issue with my '09 Honda Pilot. I was told by Honda customer service, that the rotors are a wearable item and that since I have exceeded 12,000 miles they will not reimburse me for the cost of having my rotors and brake pads resurfaced. I am preparing to write a formal letter of complaint to Honda corporate. If I may ask what part of the US do you live? I live in Georgia and would like to know if the southern heat might have an affect on the brakes. If there are other Pilot owners with the same issue I would like to hear from them.
  • sonnydsonnyd Posts: 6
    Does anybody have Steering wheel noise coming when turn the wheel either light or left whilke the car is at full stop. :mad:
  • krs2avrkrs2avr Posts: 6
    Nope... push back. I had this issue with my 09 Pilot and it was the Rotors. They were totally warped. This is not a characteristic of any car!
  • krs2avrkrs2avr Posts: 6
    I love the ride... I just gave up my 1998 Pathfinder! The only complaint I have is the tire noise... I do not like the tires at all. Take it for a test drive on the highway - that is when I get the most feedback from the tires.
    However, it is still quieter than my Pathfinder! :)
  • nomad2832nomad2832 Posts: 1
    I have read several posts and felt it important to highlight problems with my 2009 honda pilot.

I was experiencing a vibration that would begin at 30mph and 70mph in the steering wheel and seat, not to mention tires chopping at 12,000 miles. After numerous dealership visits, three sets of tires, new drive shaft, new brake rotors at my expense the problem still exists. the most troubling aspect is hondas lack of interest in resolving the problem.

I must have missed the small print in hondas brochure, stating premature tire wear, vibration and brakes are characteristic of the vehicle.

After 10 months of frustration in dealing with Honda, performing at the highest levels of mediocrity, I have resolved my vibration problem with a FX Infiniti purchase.
  • pilot888pilot888 Posts: 1
    I bought a new 2009 honda pilot exl-res model. I have encountered two times on problems starting up vehicle. I have brought it in to a dealer and the service department changed out a new battery. With the new battery, I encountered the same problem, cannot start my vehicle again. I have drove it to 5000 miles. Is there anyone out there have these same problems? Please let me know. The dealer told me that this was the first time he known on this problem.

Also, anyone had the rust problem on the surface paint of the trunk door. I have called the dealer to ask for warranty on the paint. He told me Honda have no warranty on this rust problem. This car have given me a lot of problems.
  • Yesterday, I went on shopping trip 5 minutes from home. pilot started fine, got there, completed shopping put key in to start it was if the battery was dead, Lights dimmed, got a flashing of the dash instrument panel, some clicking when attempted to start it then nothing. Tried to jump start nothing, pulled the 2 main fuses, they appeared intact. Called dealership, they cannot get me in for 4 days. Any advice? thanks!
    Try changing the battery anyway.
  • I have a 2009 Pilot that is a great vehicle except for the rotors. I had to have the front rotors turned at 29K miles, and now at 31K miles, the rear rotors had to be turned. I argued with Honda that this should not be happening when the front ones went bad, but now that the rear ones also did, I believe there is a fundamental problem with the rotors on this model.

I plan to file another complaint with Honda and perhaps the BBB. Rotors should not be bad with this low mileage.

Any tips for dealing with Honda?
    You can warp rotors in the first 50 miles of car ownership if the brakes overheat enough; it has nothing to do really with "low miles" or not; it's a matter of when you warped them. Not implying that it is your fault (it may or may not be, I can't judge that from where I sit here!).
    Given the weight of the vehicel versus the size of the brakes, 30k miles actually seems about right to me.
  • Yes, I have the same problem on my 2009 Honda Pilot. Did Honda have a solution for the noise?
  • sonnydsonnyd Posts: 6
    I have alsoencounteed same problems three times now. Anytime I take my 2009 Pilot EXL-RES, it wouldn't start. it keeps cranking. I keep power pack in my truck. Moment I give battery a boost, it starts and won't have aproblem agin until I take it back to car wash. I have an appt. w/Honda Dealer on Friday. I'll let you know if I find out anything. Also it makes a humming noise when you nake hard left turn. I don't know what's up with that?