Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2009 Honda Pilot

Comments

• thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    In my test drive, I'll admit the Pilot didn't feel as peppy as my aunt's 2005 Odyssey or my 2006 2.4L Accord 5AT. Lacking in low-end power relative to what I expected. Not a hot-rod, but certainly adequate for a family vehicle, as long as your on-ramp is long enough. I'm not sure how this vehicle would be when loaded with 1,000 lbs of people, though.
  • Does anyone have a weblink to the owners manual for a 2009 pilot? Am picking mine up next week & want to read up on the specifics. Thanks.
  • Does anyone have a weblink to the owners manual for a 2009 pilot? Am picking mine up next week & want to read up on the specifics. Thanks.

From the hondapilot.org forum:

LINK
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,010
    Honda has them online from '09 back to 1990:

Honda and Acura Owner’s Manuals

Navigation manuals are there too.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• Thanks all for the help! I now might am not the owner of a pilot, see prices paid & experiences post. I'm not giving up, will work with other dealers though.
    Scott
  • I am trying to figure out my new pilot (touring if it matters). I used to keep my phone charging in my car at night, but it seems the power to the accessories is turned off when car is off. Is there a way to change that? I'm still reading through the volumes of instructions for the car. Or is there one outlet that keeps power all the time? Thanks! Scott

One more thing, my wife & I both have phones paired with the car. When both of us have our phones in the car, how does it know which phone to use to make a call? If I say "call" I would think it would ask from which phone. Thanks again! Scott
    If past Hondas are a good guide, your power accessories WON'T charge, like you said, and I'm not sure that you can change it without rewiring something. I've seen drained batteries because of things left charging in the vehicle, so I'd imagine this is why.

On a side note, our cell-phone dealer warned us against using the car charger too often, or we'd soon be stuck with charging our phones every day because of reduced battery life.

Sorry I can't answer more for you!

TheGraduate

'96 Honda Accord 184k miles
    '06 Honda Accord 38k miles
  • citivascitivas Posts: 144
    You don't have to worry about using a car charger. The Pilot has a built-in USB port that charges the iPod directly while also allowing full control by the iPod from the nav screen or voice control... I suspect it doesn't work while the car is off because of battery concerns...
  • poodog13poodog13 Posts: 320
    The phone that is listed first in the list will be the default phone when both phones are present.
  • Thanks! Can you switch the order of the phones on the list?
  • rexfrexf Posts: 20
    http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/comparison_test/crossovers_and_suvs/2009_hon- da_pilot_vs_ford_flex_chevy_traverse_hyundai_veracruz_mazda_cx_9_toyota_highland- er_comparison_test

2009 Pilot finishes first! However, reading between the lines, there is extremely tough competition in this category. Potential buyers should drive at least the Pilot, Mazda CX9 and Toyota Highlander before deciding. Also, highly likely that incentives will return to all vehicles in this category over the winter.
  • Have owned the Pilot for a few weeks & have a thousand miles on it. Voice intregated GPS system is amazing! The bluetooth phone system, once set up, is equally incredible. From my 96 blazer to this, was quite the shocker. The vehicle didn't seem as big until I pulled it into the garage. The pilot is huge. We've used all the 2nd & 3rd row seating already & the choice to go with a bigger 8 seater vs. the highlander appears to have been a wise one. If I had to be overly picky I could only come up with a few minor negatives.
  • Can my kids listen to one XM station in the back, while I listen to another in the front? Or even a FM station while they listen to XM in the back? Thanks!
  • poodog13poodog13 Posts: 320
    This can be done, but only if the rear passengers use the wireless headphones that are provided with the touring model with RES. There is not the capability to set up "dual zone" main speakers. Consult your manual.
  • Thanks, I probably fell asleep when was to that section the 1st time.
    Really? Twin-tuners for XM? Cool!
  • Usually the horn would honk when you hit the remote lock twice. That has stopped working. Before that I noticed the dome lights for the back seet passengers aren't working. Is there some switch or setting for either of these? Or a possible fuse issue?
    Thanks!
  • Figured it out, in case anyone else has the same issue (2009 pilot), there is a on/off switch on the ceiling that controls rear lighting & it also affects the horn.
    there is a on/off switch on the ceiling that controls rear lighting & it also affects the horn.

I understand it affecting the lights, but the horn? That's just ODD.
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,010
    Yeah, never would have guessed that either.

Thanks for the update Scottgbwi!

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.