Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Comments

• Options
    paopao Member Posts: 1,867
    us the 2.0L turbo going into the 07 solstice GXP and I will be a happy camper...and will replace my Maxx LT with the HHR!
  • Options
    npgmbrnpgmbr Member Posts: 248
    Yeah I plan on replacing my G20 with an HHR but that can change in two years. One things for sure, I'm not buying another Infiniti. Love my G20 but parts for repairs are very costly. So now that GM has finally gotten its act together, I'll be happy to buy another GM product. Gonna be either a Saturn or Chevy.
  • Options
    paopao Member Posts: 1,867
    We have two GM products.....04 Chevy Malibu Maxx and 06 Pontiac Solstice...and love them both.....Maxx has almost 82K on it..and no problems....this one will go to the HHR probably in another 18 months or so.....patiently gonna wait for the turbo HHR.....
  • Options
    kurtamaxxxguykurtamaxxxguy Member Posts: 1,798
    Apparently the HHR SS is a reality and will be out in 2008.

Does anyone know if the SS will have a decent traction control system similar to the now defunct MAXX SS (i.e., braking a spinning, tractionless wheel)?

Or will the HHR SS use the cheapo "cut the power" gambit which has proven less than helpful on many GM cars?
  • Options
    poncho167poncho167 Member Posts: 1,178
    I know the one year rumor is over and it has been officially announced, but if its a 2008 model and not a 2009, it will be released this year as a 2008 I would think.
  • Options
    smogdungsmogdung Member Posts: 349
    The Chevy website now lists the SS...with some details...stabilitrack, 260 HP, 18s x 225, some body differences....fancy seats....no mention of $ ??
  • Options
    poncho167poncho167 Member Posts: 1,178
    It should be nice for those wanting that kind of power. I would imaging it should do pretty close to a 14-second quarter mile.
  • Options
    ray80ray80 Member Posts: 1,655
    2.0l ecotec turbochrged/ 260HP with 5Spd, 235 with 4 spd-auto. FE5 sport suspension with specific stabilizer bars, spring rates and damper tuning. Lateral grip of .86 g with MT. 4 wheel ABS disc brakes
    New air dam-style front fascia with fog lamps
    New mesh-style upper and lower grilles
    New rear fascia with outlet for single bright exhaust tip
    Rear spoiler (mounted above rear glass)
    New rocker moldings
    Body-color door handles, mirror caps and rear license plate surround
    SS badges on the front doors and rear liftgate
    Plus a few more odds and ends like no lift shift on MT version I believe. Not sure I have seen anything on quater mile, but have heard of 155MPH top speed. Might be real interesting thing to drive ;)
  • Options
    Seems like a shame that they didn't go with a 6 spd manual and the 6 speed auto that will be in the new Malibu?
  • Options
    Quarter mile stuff: 0-60 in 6.3 1/4 mile in 14.8 @98.5MPH
  • Options
    Ray, where are you finding this info?
  • Options
    Various places, using search engine with keyword chevy hhr ss
  • Options
    Any news on what kind of traction control the SS version has? Engine power cut?
    Wheel braking ?

My new location includes snow and as AWD's not available for this, want to be sure the front wheels can do their best.
  • Options
    I don't know exactly how the traction control works on this, but do see StabiliTrak and traction control appear to be standard. Also a limited slip differential is available for the MT model.
  • Options
    I do know that on the Maxx SS the traction control is of the wheel brake variety .vs. simple power cut on the other Maxxes.

The latter's not much use. Hence the curiosity.

Perhaps stabilitrak will provide wheel braking on the HHR SS.
  • Options
    scortchscortch Member Posts: 41
    I was dissapointed when I traded my Maxx LT for the HHR. I kick myself every time I see a Maxx :(

Also, stabiltrak does the braking and traction control does the engine speed reduction. Some have both and some only traction control.
This discussion has been closed.