Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Tahoe News and Views

2»

Comments

• As I stated in an earlier post, take a look at www.maxima.org, www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php and you'll see how a useful the site is when broken out by generation of product. When I'm looking for answers for my 2007 Denali XL, I don't want to have to wade through post for vehicles covering all model years.

I took a look here again this morning to see if the 2007 Yukon/Tahoe/Suburban specific thread was back. It's not and I continue to find the "new" system too cumbersome to deal with.

Hopefully the structure will be re-thought.

Take care,

Joe
  • Hi--I'm new to the board here, but feel like I know most of the posters, due to the fact that I have gone through all 2069 (I think) messages recently while researching facts for my purchase of the Yukon XL SLT.

I thank you all for your contributions, because they were valuable input for me to have BEFORE meeting with the dealer. I knew far more about the vehicle than my salesman, and that just shows the benefit of having all this information at my fingertips.

My input on this thread is common to the other posters--please, please keep the other format (general issues about the GMT900 platform, Tahoe, Yukon, etc.) alive!!! I found it very useful to have "one-stop shopping", and it was the same kind of structure as I was used to from my prior site, Audiworld (I moved from an Audi A8, and could not be happier with my new truck).

Anyway, if enough voices in the ether are saying the same thing, will Edmunds listen??
  • I miss the old way of posting. Where are all the folks who wanted the change? Oh well it's been great...
  • ted44ted44 Posts: 10
    Let's open a board with this title. I miss the original 2007 Tahoe board as much as the rest of you that have spoken out about it. :cry: The subject vehicles are all basically the same except for trim & wheelbase. My 2002 Burb has over 100k miles on it now and I'm trying to learn as much about the new models as I can before taking the $50k plunge. The now closed 2007 Tahoe board was providing a perfect place for clicking in daily and gathering that information.
    Postings seem a little slow around here now. :sick:
    Maybe a new board for 2007 GM biggies will get things started again. :shades:
  • A previous poster mentioned an overhead rattle and his post and follow-ups changed to forum format issues. I also had an overhead rattle in my 07 Denali. Found it to be the cross bars of the roof rack. I relocated them to the distances per owner's manual and securely tightened them. No more rattles. The Yukon rack may be different, but it could be the culprit. J
  • Since the general 2007 Tahoe/Yukon forum was turned to a read only on October 23, I have tried several times to try to garner information by reading many other forums. Nothing interest me. Especially since I own a 2007 Yukon which has no forum even available. I am sorry that I didn't buy the 07 Denali for which forums do exist with minimal posts. Again, I found the general forum to be VERY helpful regarding ALL GMT900 SUVs. It is unfortunate that either the Hosts or Edmunds doesn't understand the needs of the 07 GMT 900 buyers by making us wade thru tons of small specific forums to gather very little real info. Too Bad this is probably my last visit and posting because of above.
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    Especially since I own a 2007 Yukon which has no forum even available.

It's a very simple matter to create your own "Yukon: News and Views" topic or, if you'd like, we can add the Yukon to the title of this topic. Just say the word. :)

tidester, host
  • I agree. Bring back the older version of these forums.
  • Yes, we got the memo, but apparently the hosts aren't getting the message that we want the old forum back. This is my first time checking here in almost a month. I used to check several times a day. The point is, of course we can create new boards, but no one wants too. We were comfortable with and used to the old board. The old board was successful. What was the purpose of turning it to read only? That's something the hosts haven't addressed. The last post on the "New" 07 board was over 2 weeks ago. The old board had many postings daily. I don't know what the hosts don't get, but this area of the site is dead. I think it's been too long and people have turned to other options for communication. None of the regulars are around and I doubt if anyone but the hosts will even see my post. I don't know why I'm wasting my energy with it. But one thing's for sure, the hosts probably don't have too much to do now - no one posts anymore. Thanks for nothing!!
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    Everyone else is talking up a storm in 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe/GMC Yukon and Chevy Tahoe. So, why aren't you?

tidester, host
2»