Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Aveo Electrical/Lighting

Comments

• How does one remove the plastic lamp cover to replace the light bulb?
  • can you tell me how to remove the dome lamp cover to replace the light bulb?
  • I can't remember and may have to go back and check, but I think it just pops off. There's little slots on the side where you can stick a flat-head screwdriver, I think.
  • I just bought an '09 Aveo...I don't know the particulars on your vehicle, but from reading some of the posts. I'm thinking that the cause may be vibration related and affecting either the mode selector switch or the bulb socket...so far, I've had no problems in that area...and except for replacing some broken interior trim items and rebalancing the tires, I've been very happy with the car... :)
  • kingofchaos1kingofchaos1 Posts: 1
    edited October 2010
    I just had a similar issue with my 2005 aveo. On the way home, the check engine light and hold light were blinking. I slowed down at a stop light, it went away and never came back.

I am thinking this is an electrical problem with the sensors, because the car was driving perfectly during and after the issue went away. I was not stuck in any particular gear and the acceleration/power out put was nominal.
  • Please I have the same problem. What should I do?? :(
  • Hiya. Pop the dome cover off using a flat screwdriver. Take out the bulb and then put it back in. See if this works. If not then get a replacement from the dealer. It runs only 10 dollars or so. It is your best bet for an easy fix. Good luck.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,003
    michellecop,

If you have any questions, concerns or comments please feel free to contact us directly.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • krystalb1krystalb1 Posts: 1
    I will NEVER buy an Aveo again. A few months ago, my horn stopped working, so naturally I checked the fuses. Sure enough, the fuse blew. I buy a 5 pack of fuses, as I am putting them in, they are blowing out instantaneously. On the 4th fuse, it doesn't blow out right away, so I turn the car on and all of the sudden, the entire horn harness from the fuse box all the way to the front of my car where the actual horn is located, goes up in smoke. It literally melted the fuse inside the fuse box. Fortunately, nothing else was effected by it. Take it to the mechanic, he says I can either put in a "button" to bypass the horn or I can have the problem fixed the correct way which could end up being expensive due to labor. As I am thinking this over, my interior ash lights stop working as well as the night time lights all on the passenger side. Weirdest thing ever, my driver side lights work, but not the passenger side. Both headlights work, but the turning signal light and the brake light on the passenger side are completely out. It figures too because all this occured a month after paying the car off, it's like a rule or something when you pay the car off, all the problems come out. Anyone have any insight or advice on my issues with this car? I really liked this car until all of these electrical problems developed.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,003
    krystalb1,

I apologize for the issues you are experiencing with your vehicle. Were you taking the vehicle into a GM dealership? Please keep me posted when the issue has been taken care of.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • jimh52jimh52 Posts: 2
    The car has about 42,000 miles on it. We have had the plugs replaced, the throddle arm replaced. It has been in the shop mutilple times. It runs very rough at time. This has been going on since about 12,000 miles. I have been buying Chevy since 1971, and this is my first pile of junk. Anyone else seeing the same symptoms? Any solutions out there, before I tell the dealer where to stick the car?
  • advercyadvercy Posts: 1
    I just recently had this exact problem. As in, yesterday. It got all jerky whenever it would shift gears, the hold light would flash, and the check engine light would come on, then when it shifted it would be fine. Rinse and repeat when it shifted up again. It was an awesome drive home (30 minute drive). My 2009 aveo has 59,799 miles on it.
    I won't know until monday if my warranty covers it, and honestly i'm going to be seriously irate if it doesn't. I've owned this car for less than a year (it had 43,000 when i bought it), and if i already have to replace major components of the transmission that's a bit of a problem.
    I'm really considering selling it since the used car market is so high right now. Let someone else deal with Chevy and their issues... I miss my Honda :|
  • suzy89rsuzy89r Posts: 2
    ive been having the same issues with my 2009 Aveo5. i bought this car for the gas mileage... if i would have known that it was going to be significantly worse within a year, than a 95 jeep cherokee sport.. i woulda kept my jeep. my hold light comes on, flashes (but not actually preforming its function) the car gets really jerky and and its like it kicks back when its trying to up shift and downshift. i have taken my car into the dealership several times. none of the issues are covered in my warranty. My car is now 2 years old. i have had these and several issues with it for a year now. just hit 60k miles. The dealership changed out all 3 02sensors claiming that was the issue. (was not) Mass air intake sensor (not it) helped with my airflow issue massively though. spark plugs, wires and a total once over. still the issue is persisting. LEMON LAW! recall this car. I love my jellybean of a car but i will not buy another Chevy Aveo. ill stick to chevy trucks... If anyone finds out anything, let me know....
  • i just replace my third alternator today, a total of 4. the first one was just a month after purchasing the new car. it is a 2007 Aveo and it has 84K now. only one was cover under the warranty, the second replacement was in april of 2010. I'm getting good on replacing it. in april the car was dying, i replaced the battery first but it wasn't the problem - alternator fix it. both the battery and brake lights stayed on. this time, it goes in and out, most of the time it will stay on longer while putting a load on. sometime, while im driving, ill turn off the lights and ac, both indicators will go out. i do know that is a poor place to have an alternator there.
  • Has anyone else replace 3 alternator in their 2007 Aveo?
  • My wife and I just bought a used 2009 Aveo LT sedan from the Kia Dealership about a month ago and are already experiencing problems! The vehicle had about 20K miles on it when we bought it and we've put about 3K on it thus far. 2 weeks after we bought it, my wife went to start it up after work and I noticed it idling funny; I could feel the engine "bucking" and we could see the tachometer needle surging. We let it warm up for a little bit, but as soon as she put it in drive, the engine bogged down to approximately 200rpms, went back up to normal and then back down again, feeling like it was gonna stall. When she tried to give it any gas, the car would barely move.
    We took it to the dealership and they couldn't "replicate" the issue, but they were awesome and fixed the alignment and put on 4 new tires, which was kinda weird I thought, but hey, can't argue with new tires for free! I had also told them the suspension makes "creaking" noises when going over speed bumps or dips...at a slow speed of course...this way we can hear the noise. They couldn't replicate that issue either.
    NOW, the car doesn't start when turning the key all the way to the "start" position right away....we have to hold it there for a few seconds, then it starts.
    One major thing is, my wife's about 7 months pregnant and we needed something we could take the baby home in. I worry about this car breaking down if she really needs to go somewhere or get home!
  • The car started running rough again, so we took it directly to the dealer. They put it on the machine and had to replace some plugs and, most importantly, they replaced two coils for the cylinders. There is an individual coil for each of the 4 cylinders. It is now running fine, but for how long? Sorry that I ever bought this car. I put nytrogin in my new tires, though, and my mileage went from 29 MPG to 38 MPG. That is the only good thing I have found about the car. Chevy should be ashamed.
  • omar12omar12 Posts: 2
    I have an aveo 2008 / shiest number is iam experiencing fule is exceeding the rgular and while iam drivin the car almost stops and it turnds off. Service light is on always when it was blinkin at fiest
  • omar12omar12 Posts: 2
    I have an aveo 2008 / shiest number KLITD51738B. 45614 is iam experiencing fule is exceeding the rgular and while iam drivin the car almost stops and it turnds off. Service light is on always when it was blinkin at fiest