Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Sonata Owner Experiences

123457»

Comments

• mantagmantag Posts: 47
    Greatings all. I have a new 4cl limited. I have noticed on several occasions that after the car has been sitting outside overnite, the interior glass fogs up! I di not find any moisture inside the car, no leaks. yet it fogs up, Similar in daytime too. Does it depend on temp/dew point etc? No other in cars near me fog up. What gives?
  • Do you leave the heating/air conditioning on auto? If you are not using the auto setting you may me trapping moisture if you use recirculate setting.
  • I have a 2009 limited v6. I have the same issue. no evidence of leak or moisture. But my windows are fogged every morning. even when my other cars are perfectly clear.

On cool nights when I leave work, I look at a parking lot of clear windows except for mine and a friend (who also has a sonata)

I have just accpted that Sonata's windows magically fog up.
    hmmm...can't recall exactly. I use both auto/manual cooling/heating. I can't remember which way I leave it when I turn off car. But, I shouldn't have too - right?

I thought perhaps maybe I leave all the vents in the open position, but who wouldn't? Does that cause outside air to still flow inside to cause fogging on the interior depending on outside air temp/de point/humidity etc??

My main thing is, during the winter I do not want to come outside and have to worry about scraping off the INSIDE of the glass due to outside/inside air temp is below freezing!

Again, it does not happen all the time. Wonder if their is a TSB on this? Would dealer/Hyundai know anything about this?
    Thanks
  • espo35espo35 Posts: 144
    I think all Sonatas do this.... at least since 2003 model year.
    I couldn't tell you why. Luckily, their defrosters work extremely well.
  • Yep, I notice the same thing in my '09 GLS. I would like to find out some more information on it too.
    Talked w/ a service mgr., No TSP(Tech Service Bulletin) for this. I went to Napa Auto Parts or nay auto parts store. I bought Rain -X Anti Fog for interior windows only. Works great. Around $4.50. Another fine product from the makes of Rain-X!
  • dovid2dovid2 Posts: 90
    I have the same comparison: I had an 04 GT that got rear brakes at 60,000 miles, and when I traded it for the Sonata at 100,000, the front brakes were still OEM with plenty of pad left. I had never heard of rear brakes wearing first, or brakes lasting that long. I'm interested to see how the Sonata lasts.

I will never understand people who have one issue that may be their own problem who say "Never buy a Hyundai". We have had four and they have been and continue to be an outstanding value.
  • we can also relate-replaced the rear brakes on our 05 GT at 90,000 miles and when we traded it for our '11 sonata on 7/27/10 it had the original front brakes with plenty of life left. The GT had 100,000+ miles. I think it is now common for the rear brakes to go first. Despite having transmission problems with the 03 sonata we owned (it was replaced under warranty with less than 4,000 miles) we still think they are excellent cars. Traded the 03 sonata for the 05 GT.
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,621
    I had my 2007 Sonata in for its 45k service the other day. I was rather surprised (pleasantly) when they told me the front brakes have 70% life left, and the rears 75%. And the car does mostly urban driving. At this rate, the brakes should last the life of the car, at least as long as I plan on owning it (I'll probably sell it before 100k miles, which will be in about 5 years).
  • No, i don't work for Hyundai why do you ask?
  • I removed the comment as it wasn't relevant.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• Ok, only answering a question that was just posted reffering to my
    2009 Sonata. Thought this was about Hyundais, sorry!
  • My 2009 Sonata SE has 35k miles. I had it serviced lately at the dealership
    and they found no evidence of excessive wear on any break pads. This
    car is amazing, the quality and equipment for the dollar imo is outstanding.
  • r_l_rr_l_r Posts: 1
    I have been driving my Sonata Hybrid for over 1000 miles. My observations are:

Pros -fuel economy, appearance, comfort, accessabiity, std features
    Cons engine so quiet you must be sure to turn it off

Observations about the car
    Appearance - the striking lines and sleek contours evoked completments from my friends and family.

Ride - The ride is very smooth, yet controlled. The car absorbs road bumps, which are aplenty in Cleveland, yet maintains excellent control and feel in curves and during avoidance maneuvers. Braking is very sure and controlled - the regenerative braking system that recharges the battery does not compromise function. In an emergency braking situation the car braked without pulling to either side and I felt in full control of the car. I had read prior owner comments that earlier Sonatas tended to pull to the left. I have not experienced any tendency for the car to pull to one side during driving or braking. The tires have good gripping and are quiet.

Interior - The interior is well appointed. The switches are where they should be and they are easily accessable. The car is designed to enable the driver to keep an eye on the road at all times. The standard Bluetooth enables the driver to keep vision on the road while receiving and making calls, The voice interface enables you to utilize the phonebook from your phone to conveniently make calls. The head, leg, hip and shoulder room are excellent. The access for entering and leaving the care are also excellent - this was particularly important for me because with knees that do not bend well, I need a car to have a large entry profile. The motorized driver seat is extremely comfortable and its controls are intuitive.

FueL economy - I am getting 36-40 mpg in city driving and 45+ on the highway. The car will cruise using the electric motor up to about 60 mph, albeit for about a mile or so before engaging the gas engine to run the car and recharge the battery. The instrument display enables one to learn how to drive more economically.
  • 8babies1dog8babies1dog Posts: 122
    I'm happy to hear your pleased with your new car, I really like my 2009 se.
    Will look into the turbo when ready to change but I don't see that anywhere
    in the near future. No problems at all with this car. Enjoy your new ride. By
    the way if you havn't been to the car plant that makes the Sonata it is
    something to see. It's in Alabama and you can make reservations to see it.
    I did and four of us made the trip it's very interesting.
123457»