Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volvo C70 New Owner Reports

Claire@EdmundsClaire@Edmunds Chicago areaPosts: 968
So you have your new ride - congrats! Now... tell us your first impressions.

Claire

HOST

Comments

• lemennlemenn Posts: 89
    I have already posted my owner reports on the original thread.

Here are few new pictures:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    I remember someone mentioned the spacing between the pedals were problematic. Not for me.

Sorry if you don't like my shoe...

Front of the car with my new front proximity sensors.

I realized I did not post picture of my car with the roof up.

Another one

And again
    Now, my new Windblocker.

Another one

From the back

With the zippers to place objects on the back seats.

With the zipper openned.

Enjoy the pictures.
  • tmarttmart Posts: 998
    I really like the zippers in the windblocker. My '99 first gen doesn't have them, and they seem to be very practical.
  • grsubgrsub Posts: 13
    Interesting... the material on the windblocker appears to be see-through. It seems like you can look thru it to see the seat and its contents underneath. If that's the case, I think it may have been better with a darker, non see-through material.
    Hi grsub,

the material on the vertical and horizontal parts are the same. For the vertical part you need to have it as a see-through in order to be able to see behind the car with your interior mirror.
    For the horizontal part, I can understand your remark.

The material is some kind of black meshed tissu.

The windblocker is can be folded twice, first to put the parts flat, then to decrease the size by two in order to have everything stacked in around 2 feet by 2 feet transportation bag provided by Volvo.

Manipulating the windblocker is like a "mecano" at first but rather simple. Installing it on the back seats cannot be more simple.

Overall, it is a must have it.
    Appears to be made of the same mesh as mine, and the vertical part appears, from your pictures, very similar. Folding is different, the vertical part folds flat, then the small "wings" at the mounting holes flip in and that's it. The travel bag is about 4 and a half feet by 2 feet. Takes up the full width of the trunk.
    Todays 's pictures,

A C70 with real people.

Another one.

and from the side top up.

Today we had a funny "adventure".
    We were top down and suddently we heared a big noise from the right back side, like if someone launched a stone on the car when we drove. Later we discovered on the back plastic cover a big piece of seabird [non-permissible content removed] mark (2 inches diameter)... This must be a really sick bird!
    Driving top down can be dangerous...
    Only one way to describe your pictures.....BEAUTIFUL!!
    I guess I've been very lucky, no bird bombs on the interior, but several on the exterior. Fortunately, with Zaino on Goldie, they were easily removed with a spray bottle of water.
  • tom007tom007 Posts: 40
    If I can get them to come through, here are pictures of my celestial blue.
    img src="imageimage
    imageimage
    See more Car Pictures at CarSpace.comimageSee more Car Pictures at CarSpace.com
    Hi Tom007,

Glad to see I am not the only one posting pictures anymore.

Seeing yours I realized the license plate dimension and format in France fits better than the one in USA for the front and back locations on the car.

I never try to stop the closing or opening process, but obviously you can do it, your picture of the roof folding process is really nice.
    Great pictures. Love your license plates! :shades:
  • tom007tom007 Posts: 40
    I believe I should have used the URL address instead of the one I did on Car Space, but never too old to learn. Next time I will try that.

I believe the license plate space was probably for overseas owners because in the states, not all states have a front plate and they are all smaller than yours which fits the space provided very well.

I have only done the stopping of roof operation one time to take the picture and that was after asking dealer about it, and they said it was alright. I noticed that when the technician replaced the cover on mine that was stained, he had it stopped several times in order to replace cover and check on clearances with no ill effects.

Thanks for comments and Happy Motoring C70 style to all.
  • I just got my VIN # for my '07 and tried tracking it at the link below. There is no record of the VIN#. It is scheduled for a 12/30/06 delivery. Does anyone know approx. how long it takes to be able to track after getting the VIN #? If it is scheduled for a 12/30 delivery, when would it probably ship - this month or next? Guess, I'm just impatient. thx.

http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTracking/searchCargo.do?trackType=Auto
  • johnh7johnh7 Posts: 67
    Same thing here and mine is scheduled to arrive a couple weeks before yours.
  • Not much help I'm afraid - am based in UK so these issues don't arise in the same way - however, volvomax (sadly missing from our pages these days!!) was frequently asked these questions in the previous forum 'Volvo C70 Convertible 2006+'. You may pick up the thread from messages #754 758 761 on page 39. Good luck.
  • tsk1tsk1 Posts: 31
    It really does not hit the ship tracking until it gets scheduled and authorization from Volvo. It should appear a few days prior to hitting the dock at origin. From that point on you can track it to and from each port through to the final destination. In beteeen you just know that it is in transit. Most of the non U.S. ports show you when the ship is scheduled (and actual)to arrive and depart. In the case of our C70 the ship actual arrived one day early than scheduled at Port Hueneme, CA (Oct 24 vs Oct 25).

I could track it like 5 days (Sep 22), arrival at the dock (Sep 26) and loading on the ship and departing (Sep 27) Gothenburg.
  • blamb3blamb3 Posts: 41
    I tracked my vehicle from Gothenburg to Baltimore Maryland. It landed in Baltimoe on 10/19, I was able to track it from the time it was booked, 9/29. Once it's loaded get the ships name and you can track the ship across. You can probably start tracking about 4/5 weeks before delivery at the dealer.
  • Thanks for all the responses! Will post pix as soon as I get it (seems like it's been forever... 4 months and still counting). In the meantime, I'll go back and read the referenced threads... thx.
  • johnh7johnh7 Posts: 67
    The tracking in deed works. Mine was loaded on the Atlantic Cartier yesterday - bound for NY
  • blamb3blamb3 Posts: 41
    You probably already did this, but just in case - Once you get the ships name you go on top of the page with the pointer to customer centre, click on schedule, go to right side of page to schedule options, click on search by vessel, identify your vessel and you can track its progress across the ocean. Have fun. Sometimes I wonder if I have enough to do.
    I will today describe what is not perfect with our loved C70.

Still my major complain will go to the bad positionning of the left door handle cavity which makes positionning your left arm difficult even with all the capabilities of the seat adjustments.

Yesterday it took me at least 5 minutes to put the roof down. Here is why:
    I placed myself on a supermarket parking lot not to disturb anyone around. Then I pushed the roof down button and 25 second later the roof was into the trunk. That was the easy part.
    Then I decided to place the windblocker. The car is still running in "iddle", I go toward the trunk (in order to take the windblocker) and try to open it, nothing, it is locked. I tryied 2 or 3 times, but it is really locked. I go back toward the driver seat and pushed the "open the trunk" button on the "start key remote", go back to the trunk and it is still locked. I did the process another time but nothing changed.
    OK, now I had to stop the engine, remove the key and pushed the open the trunk button on the key remote. Now the trunk is open.

I pushed the yellow button to raise the roof inside the trunk, raise the plastic protection cover, took the bag with the windblocker inside.

I openned the bag, extract the windblocker from the inside, had the windblocker in one hand , the bag in the other hand. To assemble the windblocker, you need both hands. You cannot really place the bag in the back seats they will be covered soon, so you keep it between your legs... or like me left it on the ground...

Assembling the windblocker takes no more than 10 seconds with 2 hands! Even me can do it. Done.

I tried to place the windblocker but "no way Jack", remember I just put the roof down and by default all the windows are up. This means you cannot place the windblocker. No problem, I pushed the all the windows down button on the left door button panel. Nothing, of course, because the key is into my pocket (I had to take it out of the dashboard to open the trunk). OK the key is back into the dashboard, the "all the windows down" button is now working, the windows went down, the windblocker is in place.

I took the windblocker bag and put it back inside the trunk, pushed the yellow button to lower the roof inside the trunk, nothing happenned. OK, I forgot the lower the plastic cover first. I did it, pushed the yellow button, the roof went down, closed the trunk.

And now I am ready for my cruise trip along the beach.

I need to read again the user manual to see why the trunk was not opening. I now, I chose to have all the doors (including the trunk probably) locking automatically after few seconds inside the car. It remains me than rather trying to push the "open the trunk button" on the key, I should have try to pushed the button "open the doors" on the upper part of the doors. But when something goes wrong... My first reaction was the key.

Again nothing dramatic, it is just a question of learning how to use your new baby.

In fact what I like, when you know that you will not need the back seats is to just leave the windblocker in place even when the roof is put back up. From the front seats , you still have access to the back seats to place objects or clothes below the windblocker horizontal plane. In order not to change anything for the view via the back mirror , I place the vertical plane of the windblocker, flat. It is very easy, convenient, and the windblocker is in place ready to be used immediatly.

That is it for now.