Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volvo C70 Owners - Meet the Members

Comments

• I have had my C70 configured the same as the one you are getting for two weeks now, after taking overseas delivery of it in September. It drives like a dream. The weather has permitted driving with the top down on numerous occasions, wind blocker in place. With the windows down the drivers seat belt vibrates a fair amount, but windows up not at all. That would be my only minor complaint about the car. I can definitely relate to being patient as we saw our car being built on June 29th. Never waited for anything so long in my life. Good luck
  • jtregojtrego Posts: 68
    Very cool. How do you think driving the manual transmission is compared to the automatic?
  • blamb3blamb3 Posts: 41
    I have the manual transmission and you are going to find that this is a very different car then the automatic you drove and all the differences are positive: better pick up, shifts smoothly, lots more fun - you're gonna love it.
  • Very smooth shifting. Having a stick shift has always been a preference of mine over automatic, especially considering control over the vehicle. Much easier to shift than my 94 Mustang convertible.
    Excellent, thanks guys. I thought the automatic had adequate pick up but not much fun. Can't wait for ours.
  • empty1empty1 Posts: 109
    I put my initial deposit down in Dec 2005 ..waited thru the 2006 models because I wanted sirius and ipod hook up.... saw the car yesterday at the dealer...sweet.. flint gray with off black interior... :shades:
  • Good luck - been following your posts for a long time (previous thread) so I know you've been waiting for this moment. Savour it - and enjoy!
  • I have a 2006 model and received a recall notice in the mail yesterday. Has anyone taken theirs in for this recall? It addresses the climate control noise that has been driving me crazy lately. I love this car except I wish I didn't get the cream leather interior. When the top is down, it sure does get dirty. I love the top down; even drove it with the heat and heated seats on when it was 50 degrees on Thanksgiving ;) Sweet!
  • tom007tom007 Posts: 40
    I received the recall notice on my car. My dealer looked it up on Volvo Warranty screen for my VIN and it said I would only need the R163A which is a rain shield. They ordered it in and are going to install it on December 6th.

Someone else said the bulletin was R163 which listed A-H solutions. I will know more next week after they do mine, but they were emphatic that my C70 on warranty screen had need JUST for the rain shield (which was A). As the letter said, your vehichle may not require all of updates so may not take long. I was told mine would take an hour.

Let me know what your dealer says about yours. My C70 was delivered on June 19th.

Your dealer can look your VIN up on Volvo warranty screen and see which software etc you may need.

Hope this helps you in getting R163 taken care of.
  • grsubgrsub Posts: 13
    My '06 C70 was delivered on July 21 and I have not yet received a recall notice. Interesting....

When was your car delivered, jeepwmnz? if I may ask.
  • henkbwhenkbw Posts: 22
    Hi,

First I want to express my appreciation about this forum.
    I have followed the discussions about the new C70 right from the start and I think it is time for me to join this forum and contribute as good as possible.

I am 44 years old and live in the Netherlands.
    The reason why I bought the new C70 is the old C70. Last year I wanted to buy a new car to replace my old car, a C70 coupe. I like coupe's a lot and the old C70 in particular. I narrowed my choice between two coupe's: the Merc CLK or the Peugeot 406 Coupe.
    Around the same time, the first pictures of the new C70 appeared on the Internet. I decided to wait until I had seen the new C70 "in the flesh".
    Once I did, the choice was easy and in february I placed my order. Sadly I was not quick enough and my C70 arrived late september, at the beginning of the autumn.
    I have my car for more then 2 months now and I love it. The car hasn't been flawless, but still,...I'm loving it!!
    I will post a message in the "New Owners Report"-forum with my experiences.

And oh yes, the car...
    I have a 2.4I Kinetic (=basic) with a few extra's: automatic gearbox, "Magic Blue"-color, "Calcite Cream"-leather, "High Performance"-audio (capable of MP3 CD's and AUX input), "Sadira"-17" wheels, Xenon headlights and heated front seats.

• Very nice... it looks black. It's beautiful.
  • A beautiful combination, you must be very pleased.

You may be interested to know that I exchanged my Merc CLK for the C70 (mine is due for delivery soon) and I can honestly say that the Merc was a superb motor car - but absolutely soulless and without character. I have a feeling the C70 will have a little more to offer.

One quick question - a fellow owner in the US regrets specifying off white (the Calcite Cream) upholstery as it gets dirty very quickly when the roof is down. Have you found the same problem? Guess what - mine is also Calcite!
  • lemennlemenn Posts: 89
    Hi henkbw,

Welcome to the club!

I am sure you will enjoy your C70 like we do and become nuts about it like all of us.
  • henkbwhenkbw Posts: 22
    Hi Erisaman

I already had the feeling that the Merc CLK was "soulless". I can confirm that the C70 definitely has soul :)

About the "Calcite Cream" upholstery:
    Due to the weather, I didn't had much opportunities to drive "topless". But I disagree that the upholstery stains quickly. The only dirt I had to remove came from a passenger who had dirt (mud) on his jeans.
    But I agree that this is probably not the most "child-friendly" upholstery :)
  • Hi henkbw - Thanks for the response - so my C70 will be a child free zone! (Fat chance!!)
  • johnh7johnh7 Posts: 67
    For those that care about this stuff, my car hit NY on 11/30. The dealer told me it arrived at their shop today. I'll probably pick it up mid week depending how my work schedule builds.
  • Of course we care - so "snap!", 'cos mine arrived today also!

Unlike you, I'm picking mine up possibly before Xmas but I can't take it out on the road until January 1st.

Happy motoring.
  • tmarttmart Spring, TXPosts: 1,026
    If you get it before Christmas, why can't you take it out before Jan. 1st? :confuse:
  • We (in the UK) have a registration system whereby the car will be taxed from the start of the month - in this case January 1st - and, in later years, the car will be worth considerably more as a '2007' car than as a '2006' car, even if the registration dates are merely days apart.

We can tax a new car for 1 year and two weeks - the two weeks being free - but the registration document will still show the car to be 2006. C'est la vie!
    Still confused. Isn't the model year determined by the manufacturer, rather than the taxing authority? In your case, Volvo as a 2006, regardless when you have it registered. Say you store the car for 10 years and don't drive it. In ten years, it's still a 2006 model.

I do understand not wanting to pay taxes for a full month when you have the car for just one week though.
    Ah - so now I understand why we threw all that tea into the Boston Harbor :)
  • Gosh - did they wait until January 1st too?

In that case, they must've wanted iced tea!
  • Yes, the model year is decided by the manufacturer, but as Volvo have deemed the 2007 model to commence in July in some cases although apparently October in the UK, then it would seem I'll be having a 2007 model irrespective of when it's registered.

However, the buying public, in two, maybe three years time, will be far less cynical and far more likely to purchase my 2007 registered car as being a 2007 model, than if I registered it two weeks earlier in late 2006! Don't ask me where their logic lies - it's as confused as my logic is right now!

As far as the taxes are concerned - I'd have those two weeks in December free of charge, my tax would last 12 months commencing January 1st, it's the registration document that would show the registration date.

Clear? Or as cloudy as Boston Harbor after a tea party?
    Not anymore because of global warning - but - I'm forgetting - we Yanks have been told that global warming doesn't really exist.
    Thanks for the attempted explanation. Yes, the logic escapes me too. Would seem to me that your MY07 in several years would still be looked at by a prospective buyer as an 07, regardless whether it was registered in 06 or 07. Thanks again.
    It gets even worse. In our wonderful state of Virginia we still have personal property tax, so if you purchase or own a vehicle any time after january 1 2006, then you pay the tax for that year (even if you only have it for 1 day of that year.

Actually, it isn't quite as bad as it seems since I have already paid the taxes for 2006 on our current car that we will get rid of once we have the C70. That would be applied as credit, but the C70 (because of its higher value and newer status) would be taxed at a higher rate.

Still, if a person was to get a new vehicle as an add on at the end of the year they would still have to pay the propertey tax.

fortunately, this should not be an issue anyway because ours isn't sheduled for delivery until Jan 2, 07.
  • redbuzzredbuzz Posts: 57
    My long and torturous journey to C70 ownership is nearing a successful conclusion! I placed my first deposit with a dealer early in December '05. His allocation of '06's was supposed to be 2 but was cut back to 1. I was #2:( . I was referred to another dealer that had ordered one almost like I wanted (it had the premium stereo :D ) and I gave them a deposit. Their allocation was cut and I was out of luck again :cry: . Since I wasn't going to get one for the summer of '06, I decided to look into overseas delivery. Nobody knew when OSD would begin but I laid down my third deposit back at the first dealer and hoped for the best. By this time, I wanted just about every option. My wife made reservations for the Icehotel near Kiruna, Sweden for mid-Feb '07. My dealer ordered an exact duplicate of what I wanted for stateside delivery in case the OSD didn't happen. When that car came in, we were committed to OSD and had to see it leave for another dealership. When OSD was announced, deliveries were to begin in March! :mad: My dealer was able to get them to give me a delivery that works with the Icehotel dates :) . I'll keep you posted.
  • Welcome to the forum - and best wishes that all works out right in the end, for you and your wife, and that you get the car of your dreams sooner rather than (any) later.
  • Hi All

After saving for most of 06 for a new C70 I bought a used one from a Honda dealer with 1500miles and every option box ticked (registered May 06) and in the colour I wanted. Only difference was I wanted ali trim and got wood, but now I prefer it anyway. It seems that there are a lot of things to go wrong and some have, but a software upgrade has hopefully ended that experience. I have listed the spec. and options below in case anyone wants feedback to make a purchase or upgrade choice.

Celestial Blue, calcite cream interior
    2006 T5 SE LUX geartronic (Dynaudio HI Fi etc.)
    Font and rear parking assist
    Comms pack (sat nav, integrated GSM phone)
    BiXenon pack
    Removable tow bar
This discussion has been closed.