Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Accord 2007 Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• patpat Posts: 10,421
    Great, thanks! :)
  • ray_h1ray_h1 Posts: 1,134
    No problem for me, Steve. (Site sponsor support is based on hit volume, so, Edmunds.com won't mind the additional revenue at all. ;))
  • I got my new Accord SE (AT, 4-cylinder) only in October, and I've already experienced 2 situations and wondering if anyone else has experienced these:

- all 4 windows were rolled down halfway down, even though they were fully up when we went in (this happened to my wife)

- every time car was started, odometer display kept displaying a msg "Check Fuel Cap", even though the fuel cap was tightly closed. This happened for a few days, and finally last night,the display returned to normal (ie message dissapeared) - & I hadn't refuelled the car either for it to stop..

Any help is greatly appreciated
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    Windows rolled down-

If you press the unlock button on the remote, and immediately press it again and hold it the second time, the windows will roll down until you release the unlock button. This is a ventilation feature for summertime to cool off the car. Perhaps the key was in someone's pocket or purse and being pressed, or maybe whoever unlocked the doors held the unlock button down too long when they went to the car. I'm surprised the dealer didn't tell you about this cool (if used correctly) feature of the car. You can also roll up the windows from the outside of the car by locking the door with the key (not remote) and then turning that same direction again and holding in position. This is useful to me when I get out and realize I have left my back windows down.

Check Fuel Cap Message-

If the cap was not properly tightened even once, the message will stay on for days before resetting itself. I have heard of this happening when people put on the fuel cap crooked, or don't click it tight. The display will stay on until the car is driven a few times (multiple cranks) and a good number of miles. The indicator comes on because of the wrong amount of pressure in the fuel tank (from an improper seal of the gas cap). Just make sure you click the cap once everytime you refuel.

Don't be dismayed, as there are reasons for both of the little foibles you found with your car. I think the dealer just did a poor job of explaining some of the features like the remote roll-down windows.
  • Hey ! that's cool (the window thing) .. Any other cool tricks you know of? i know in a way it's kind of pointless...but o well.
    That's about it on the cool trick department... something I found neat the other day though - in my EX Accord the window switches are lighted (I knew that before). When you turn off the power window switches (you know the square button that you push to lock out the switches, for kids etc...) the lights on all the switches go dark. Kinda neat, if not trickery.

The only light that stays on is the driver's "Auto" light, since his window is still active, and able to be rolled up/down.
  • srizvi1srizvi1 Posts: 233
    hmm.. not sure what to tell you then. Back when I did my tires around Spring '06, You could bring your own tires in to wal mart and get them mounted.

That sucks if you can't anymore. I really like lifetime rotation/balance packages. I'm not sure if firestone offers that. I like going to firestone for my car work.
  • Anybody else notice that the buttons for the power locks and power mirrors do not light up. Am I the only one that finds this completely bizarre? It's my only complaint for my 07 Accord SE, so that is a good thing for sure.
    Um, mine do, power mirrors and power locks both, including the lock switch on the passenger side. I have an 06 EX Accord though, so it may only be offered on top-end models, and not on SE. Just a thought.
  • Anybody else with an LX or SE notice this?
  • th83th83 Posts: 164
    The switches for the power windows, locks, and mirrors are only illuminated on the EX, EX-L, and EX-L V6 models.

I have an EX-L V6, and to be honest, the illuminated switches are nothing special. Now, the illuminated audio and cruise controls on the steering wheel (which the SE has, as well) OTOH are quite nice.

My previous car (2002 Accord EX V6 sedan) didn't have illuminated lock and mirror switches. Only the "AUTO" on the driver's side window switch was illuminated. Not once in the 4.5 years I owned that car did I ever miss having illuminated mirror and lock switches. I did, however, find myself wishing for illuminated steering wheel controls on several occasions, so I'm thankful my new car has those.
  • neteng101neteng101 Posts: 176
    Strangely enough, that's wrong to a degree. Ok this is weird... on my SE V6... the power window switches on the driver's side are illuminated (but not the door locks or mirrors or button that enables/disables the passenger windows). And yes, disabling the passenger windows means only 1 of 4 window switches (the drivers with Auto) is lighted, enabling the passenger windows means all 4 power window switches on the drivers side are illuminated.

The steering wheel controls are illuminated too.
    The button that engages/disengages windows doesn't light up in any model I don't think. I believe the vehicle th83 meant was the LX-SE, the 4-cylinder model.
  • th83th83 Posts: 164
    Hmm...if that's the case, then there's an error in the 2007 Accord brochure, and on Honda's web page. On the 'Specifications and Features' page, it shows that only the EX models come equipped with illuminated power window switches.

I did think it was kinda strange that the $22,550 EX I4/5MT model would have them, but not the $25,200 LX V6 and $23,350 SE V6. It makes more sense to have a minor feature like that come standard on the top 4 models of the range (EX/EX-L, SE V6, LX V6, and EX-L V6) rather than having 2 models without it between the EX/EX-L and EX-L V6.

However, if they illuminated the window switches in the SE V6, why didn't they just go the whole 9 and illuminate the lock switches and the mirror controls? That's really odd.

And it just kills me that the passenger window lock-out button isn't illuminated. Honda, if you bothered to put lights in every other switch in the car, why didn't you put one there, huh? To save a buck or two? Yeah, thought so... :P
  • user777user777 Posts: 3,341
    actually, from a human factors standpoint, i believe they got it right. these are seldom used controls; they don't warrant their own illumination.

if you can locate the driver's window switch visually, you know where the others are in relation to it. it's all very logical.

the driver's door lock switch can be located using touch.

and if you are adjusting your mirrors, you really should be doing this once. in the case where you have multiple drivers using the vehicle, you should be doing it before you start out on your drive. but even if you are driving, at least in my '02, it can be identified via touch using the L/R switch, and also the square up/down, left/right control.

think about this, if you were to illuminate everything, it would just create additional light levels to compete with the ones you should pay attention to on the dash.

seriously.

honda is actually pretty good at leaving out the things that aren't essential, and they've been doing this for a long long time. :D
    Actually, for yeeeeeears (extra "e's" for emphasis) the EX model has been the top of the line model in Honda's lineups. In 1995, they added a V6 option to the Accords The V6 did not designate the top model (as you could only get leather and sunroof on EX models, until recently when they started adding a sunroof to the LX-V6), just an option on the midlevel (LX) and top (EX) model.

I think Honda sees their lineup in this order, despite the extra cost of the V6:

VP, LX, LX-SE, SE-V6, LX-V6, EX, EX-L, EX-V6

If you'll notice on the "trim description" page at Honda's Website, you'll see that the on the list of features SE-V6 says "adds to or replaces Special Edition (which is the LX-SE) features" which tells me that the SE-V6 is the step-up from the LX-SE. Simlarly, the LX-V6 list says "adds to or replaces SE-V6 features, making the LX-V6 a step-up from the SE-V6, not the EX I4.
  • Driver's and Front Passenger's Illuminated Vanity Mirrors:
    Only the VP has "non-illuminated". What exactly is this, or what does it do?

Also, for the Illuminated Steering Wheel-Mounted Controls, on the SE, are the audio controls illuminated?
  • tallman1tallman1 Posts: 1,874
    The vanity mirrors are behind the sun visors. The light allows your pretty face to be seen easier.

I don't have an SE but all my EX-L controls (including audio) are lit on the steering wheel.
  • ol07ol07 Posts: 24
    think about this, if you were to illuminate everything, it would just create additional light levels to compete with the ones you should pay attention to on the dash.

I agree. I often find myself turning illumination to the lowest level and turning the nav screen off too.
  • saleemsaleem Posts: 114
    BTW, if you have to look at the buttons on the steering wheel to change the audio, you've almost defeated the purpose ;)

granted your hands stay on the wheel, tho
This discussion has been closed.