Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Accord Hybrid Harmonic Drone/Noise Suppression

1235»

Comments

• LISTEN UP DRONE NOISES - I read on here somewhere - some guy say - this noise is related to the Noise Cancellation System "if" you open the drivers door and it stops the drone noise. I laffed but got desperate enuff to try it before I spent thousands on repairs. IT WORKED!! The Noise Cancellation System cancels out noise of the 3 cylinders when in ECO mode. My stereo amp had a short which broke the circut on the Noise Cancellation System and with it off I had a loud drone. I fixed that and the drone was instantly gone - no expenses. Feel free to email me for more info: AlanMartin@mindspring.com
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 6,068
    droneless said:

My stereo amp had a short which broke the circut on the Noise Cancellation System and with it off I had a loud drone. I fixed that and the drone was instantly gone - no expenses.

Nice fix!

Need some roadside assistance? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• I have a permanent silution for this ANC system.
    Just go to the back of the stereo and find the 14-pin gray connector in the top middle.
    Once located the connector, go ahead and cut the black wire and connect it back.
    Put everything back and your ANC system should be disconnected.
    Test Drive the car and see if the booming, humming droning noise is gone.
1235»