Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Saturn VUE Green Line Owners -Give Us Your Report

167891012»

Comments

• Have them check the under hood junction box connections, that fixed all my problems. They found it by accident after weeks of trying to find the problem.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,108
    mrsblastfmr,

What I can do is either re-open the case or start a new case. Could you please email us either the case number or VIN?

You can get my email by clicking on gmcustsvc.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • Hi, is the junction box under hood very visible? or is tis one of the dealer recall. I own the hybrid vue 2009 but I only get 19/23 MPG and wonder it is the same problem.

I'd appreciate if you could instruct me where I can find this ground wire.

Thanks,
  • Check the manual or with your dealer, but I believe it's attached to the firewall.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,108
    i_gladiator,
    I'd recommend asking the dealer to look at it for you. Dealers typically have some kind of warrant for their repairs as well; I'd definitely recommend asking.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • Thanks for the responses joncanada and boot36. I received my vehicle back (from the 3rd visit to dealer for these problems) on September 22, 2011. They replaced the BCM (after talking to Saturn/GM? Tech Support), said that would hopefully take care of it. Well, this morning, 5 days later, the Service Hill Start Assist message and my speed dropping happened again. :( I called the dealership and my cust serv rep said to plan on taking it back in next week, but for the rest of this week just watch it and call him when/if any other sensor lights/messages/problems happen. Ok. So, now I do plan on contacting someone about exercising my rights under the Song-Beverly Consumer Warranty Act.
  • That's pretty typical. I don't know if you read my earlier posts, but be aware we were told also to watch it and see if it happens. The last straw for me was when my wife and four year old were in the vehicle on a hill and everything died and it rolled backwards without functioning breaks. Fortunately there was nobody behind her at the time and the vehicle started and my wife was able to break and pull over. Even after that, we were again told to drive it and see if it happens. I drove it across the street and traded it in.

If you would like any testimony to help with your case I will gladly provide it.
  • joncanada: Yes, I've read all 19, now 20, pages in this thread! :( Though I'm not happy that there are so many others having these same problems, I was happy to find this forum with so much information, and to know that it wasn't just me going through this. Thanks for your offer - I may take you up on it!

I have a question, and I'm sorry if you already covered this in your posts (20 pages is a lot of info and the posts start to run together!). Did you have an extended warranty on your Vue? I do, and it runs out in about 7,000 miles. After reading the Song-Beverly Consumer Warranty Act (lemon law), it sounds like people are covered through their warranty period. But maybe I am interpreting that wrong??

Thanks again.
  • What do you mean firewall.
    I took it to two different dealers, and they all said everything is in perfect condition and blamed my driving condition.... (I drove very slow and generous to save gas)....
  • I took it to two different dealers and they all blamed on my driving condition.... ;(

I'm 2nd owner and would the consumer lemon law still apply?
  • joncanadajoncanada Posts: 29
    edited September 2011
    I didn't have extended warranty and since I'm in Canada we don't have any such consumer laws anyway, but the Hybrid system had extended warranty so while my warranty had expired, the hybrid system was still warrantied at the time I had the vehicle.

The problem though was that the hybrid system would cause problems with other parts of the car and GM wouldn't cover those even though the hybrid system was at fault.

While I could never get a straight answer out of them, what I deduced was happening, is the hybrid system would malfunction and essentially stop working. The vehicle would then start draining the actual battery. When the battery stopped, the car would stop working. In the shop they would replace the hybrid battery and whatever else it broke, and try to change the settings so that it worked more on gas with less reliance on the hybrid system - thus gas mileage would get worse every time into the shop. That's why they would always send you back out to "test." No matter what though, the hybrid system couldn't support the vehicle.

Warranty wise, even though I had extended warranty on the hybrid system, GM would do everything they could to avoid warranty costs. When it drained my actual battery - they wouldn't cover it. When my vehicle was in the shop for weeks - they wouldn't cover a rental, etc. etc.

I'm really not happy that GM gets to make **** cars, offer **** support, go bankrupt as a result, and get bailed out with our money.

I've been driving my Hyundai Santa Fe for over a year without issue and am about to buy a Lexus IS. Wish I could by North American but I can't afford the headache.
167891012»