Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet TrailBlazer Speedometer

14567810»

Comments

• I have a 2004 Trailblazer with 95,000 miles. On a 2 hour trip about halfway through and with the cruise control on, my speedometer locked on 60 miles per hour. I pulled off the highway and tried turning it off and on and banged on the dash a couple of times. Nothing worked. After I reached my destination I read some of these posts. I unhooked the negative battery cable and it did reset the speedometer and it began to work again. It worked most of the way back on the 2 hour trip but then locked up again. I have again unhooked the negative battery cable and it is working again. It appears to work fine on short trips. After reading all of these posts on this site and many others, GM should have recalled this part. I also have a Saturn Relay van that I have poured money into. We will have paid for that twice by the time we are done. I have decided that if GM won't stand behind this part, I will be buying Hyundai or Kia next time. If nothing else, we will get the warranty. Nobody will bail you out a second time.
  • pwhite17pwhite17 Posts: 1

I have the same issue with my 2005 Trailblazer. In fact, ever since I've had it (new), there's been one electrical problem after another. Thank God most of the really bad stuff happened almost immediately, and GM had to fix them under warranty. But entire dash is out, speedometer, oil, temp, and now the fuel gauge. I have had several GM cars over the years, and not once have I ever had the dash malfunction. If there are this many of us out there with the same problem, GM knows it's really their fault for not making it right in the first place, or when contacted, fixing it. This is definitely a recall-type matter if there ever was one. I just find it odd that with all the recalls GM has put out, miraculously, the Trailblazer is never included -- every other GM, but not the TB.

14567810»