Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet TrailBlazer Speedometer

Comments

• OMG, I have been living with this problem for almost two years, not knowing it was happening to others (guess what? now it's not under a warranty). I stumbled upon this site due to another 2004 trailblazer problem (loud sound from under the rear of truck). My local dealer said it would cost $500 to fix the gas gauge. Unfortunately, who has that kind of money. So, I have been relying on the gas light and smells and sounds of the car. Why is GM handling this problem one customer at a time. I need help with this unsafe vehicle. I'm still paying for this piece of junk. :sick:
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,057
    Hello Brokencheytb2,
    I apologize that you are experiencing a concern on your vehicle. Can you please email me your VIN so I can look into your situation further? You can get my email address by clicking on my name. Thank you,
    Mariah GM Customer Service
  • Well I called the Chevy.com customer service they gave me a file number and told me it had to be diagnosed. It cost $186,02 to tell me the Instrument cluster had to be replaced at a cost of $400.00 and the fuel sensor had to be replaced at a cost of $445.00. All of which I knew from reading this site. They then called me back to tell me that since my vehicle which is a 2005 was so old and had 73000 miles on it that they could not help me. They said at some point it is the owners responsibility to fix the vehicle. I asked why there wasn't a recall on it. They said even if people are having problems doesn't mean they recall it. It is quite obvious that Chevy doesn't care about thier customers. Speedometers going out is a saftey issue. It is just an accident waiting to happen. Wait till someone gets killed then fix it Chevy! Maybe there will be a recall then! Chevy should be ashamed of the way they treat thier customers!!!!! Very disappointed.
  • I am having the same Speedometer and Fuel gauge problem as everyone else. I paid $500 to get the Fuel gauge working last year. Now a month ago my fuel gauge started giving me random readings and just last week my speedometer started giving me random readings (90 mph at a stop sign). Has anyone found a fix to this problem? And at what cost?
  • It's the Instrument Cluster and costs $400.00 to fix that is quoted by a Chevy Dealer. I just got the quote on 6/21/10 after they did a diagnosis check!
  • I have been having significant problems with my 2005 Trailblazer's speedometer since January of 2010. Have contacted numerous people with no call backs and now I am considering an attorney. It seems there are enough people out there with the same problem yet GM refuses to do anything about it. Do they not realize how important it is to have a working speedometer? Does someone have to die before there is something done? I only have 54,000 miles on this vehicle that I purchased last August. It isn't right when other Chevy trucks with the same problem have been recalled and the Trailblazer owners are just stuck with forking out upward of $600 to have the problem fixed or keep driving the vehicle the way it is while waiting for an accident to happen. There are definitely enough complaints for GM to take this seriously. :confuse: :mad:
  • Thanks Michelle, as soon as this is fixed I will be selling. This will be $900 I have invested in the Speedometer and Gas Gauge (on a 5 year old car).
    Hello Mslaurilynn,
    I apologize that no one has contacted you back. Have you spoken to the dealership you bought the vehicle from about the speedometer? Did the vehicle come with a warranty? Can you please email me your VIN and current mileage? You can get my email by clicking on gmcustsvc. Thank you,
  • rich888rich888 Posts: 4
    mslaurielynn
    GM Cust Serv has been monitoring this website selecting who and when to respond to various complaints. I have had the same problems. Paid to have them tell me 'yep it's broken', and numerous phone calls with the local dealer and with GM. It all 'looked' good but in the end, I got the shaft. I ended up fixing it myself with info I found on the internet, not GM. It's time for a Major class action suit against GM. They jumped all over Toyota when they had their issues, but can't take care of their own. They have made partial payment to some for repairs, but the bottom line is they should be taking 100% responsibility for this one. Let me know if you need any support when you see your attorney.
  • I too am having the same problem. I just got back from a deployment to find that my car's (trailblazer) speedometer no longer works. Worse yet, the mode button for my AC stopped working too. Now I can only get AC on my feet which means my car is always hot and my feet are always freezing. What is Chevy's deal? I support/encourage buying American products but I cant support buying crap. My wife and I are looking for another car too and will never return to Chevy. I cannot leave my wife with an unreliable car while being deployed. I cant believe we bailed out this horrible company!!!!!
  • Mariah,
    I sent you the information you asked for. I am hoping this issue can be resolved.
  • rich888
    It is a shame to see so many people with the same problem and have GM do nothing to help. Just went to have my oil changed yesterday and the mechanic said "I see you have one of the Trailblazers with the wacked out speedometer." He proceeded to tell me that he has a Tahoe that had the same problem and that was under recall so he got his fixed for nothing. Guess the other truck owners get special treatment.
  • apop1apop1 Posts: 2
    I'm in awe of how many people have the same problem with no recall. I bought my 03 two years ago at a Chevy dealer with 70K and the speedometer has been messed up for the past few months. I hope GM is looking at these posts and contacts us to have it fixed. You all know what happened to Toyota, the same may start happening here. I have two personal Chevy products and I have been purchasing them at work for quite some time. This may be a reason to start looking at other companies again.
    Hello Jason_Wilson,
    I apologize that you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle. Have you had the vehicle diagnosed for the concern? How long has the concern been present? Can you please email me your VIN and current mileage so that I can look into your situation further? You can get my email by clicking on gmcustsvc. Thank you,
    Hello Apop1,
    I apologize that you are having a concern with your vehicle. Have you had the vehicle diagnosed? Can you please email me your VIN and current mileage? You can get my email by clicking on gmcustsvc. Thank you,
  • lrjnvalrjnva Posts: 3
    I have the same issue with my 05 Trailblazer. Speedometer went dead at 54000 miles, fuel guage shortly thereafter. I contacted GM last year and was informed that Trailblazer was not part of the recall. They could not tell me what caused the problem. I told them that I wanted to report the problem on my vehicle so they would have a record that the issue was on more vehicles than they listed. I contacted them again this year and I was surprised that they had no record of my speedometer problem. The customer service rep told me to go in and pay for a diagnostic and if it showed a cluster problem that they would pay for the diagnostic and the replacement. I paid and the dealer agreed that it was a cluster issue. We will see if GM does the right thing and fixes what it knows is a defective part.
  • lrjnvalrjnva Posts: 3
    edited July 2010
    Well folks, good luck. GM does nothing. I posted earlier that GM had told me to go and get a diagnostic (paid $99) and that if the diagnostic showed a cluster problem they would fix and reimburse me for the $99. This was a bold faced lie.. :mad: DO NOT PAY FOR THE DIAGNOSTIC THEY WILL NOT COVER AND THEY WILL NOT REIMBURSE REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOU ARE TOLD. I had the diagnostic done Friday and it verified a cluster problem. The report was sent to GM and I was "elevated" to another person who in the first conversation asked me how many GM's I've purchased (4 in 12 years but obviously not enough) and a few other questions regarding maintenance (all done at 3 dealerships but obviously not enough). I recieved a call back today and was informed that there would be no reimbursement because of the age of the vehicle (05) and that they would not even offer a discount, though the dealership offered me a 10% discount which would bring the cost down to $1,029. The result of my good faith conversation with GM was that I paid $99 for the dealer to tell me my Speedometer and Gas Gauge doesn't work. I guess they figured I was a blind driver.. This is the last GM I ever buy and it makes me sick that I have supported this company for the past 12 years. Good bye buy American bug. I am the original owner and this happened at 54000 miles. Anyone finds a lawyer w/ class action count me in. LRJnVA@aol.com
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    We ask that you not include your email address in postings to the Forums. Thanks!

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • lottcmlottcm Posts: 2
    Thanks for your post. I was told that I would have to have a diagnostic done before they would help me too. Glad I didn't instead of 500.00 to fix plus diagnostic. I have an 04. This is a last 4 me too. My second one. Known problem tm refuses to fix due to age of vehicle. I bought used and still am paying on it... complete refusal to assume responsibility. Sound familiar?
  • jabanesejabanese Posts: 1
    I am having the same problem with my speedometer in my 2003 Trailblazer as well. Of course I have around 88K miles but it is about time for me to get a vehicle inspection sticker and the speedometer reads 120 MPH. I wish that Chevy would take a very hard look at this problem because it is a major safety concern!