Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Lost Reatta

Comments

• lemkolemko Posts: 15,071
    "The dopey ineffectual principal I had in high school drove one of those."

Ugh! Did you ever notice how just seeing one undesirable person driving a particular car could ruin the image of a vehicle for you? You start thinking, "If a guy like him drives that kind of car, I sure as heck don't want one!" Your description makes me picture Principle Skinner from "The Simpsons" in a Reatta.

• andre1969andre1969 Posts: 21,594
    Ugh! Did you ever notice how just seeing one undesirable person driving a particular car could ruin the image of a vehicle for you?

Exactly. That's why I hate the Ford Tempo to this very day...my stepdad used to have one! But, I can easily find reasons other than that to not like the Tempo. :P
  • fintailfintail Posts: 32,917
    edited April 2011
    My old principal was pretty much a shorter heavier version of Skinner.

But at least he wasn't an arrogant jerk like some. His lasting impression on me is the Reatta.

As I am a nut, I can remember many teacher's cars going back to second grade (77-79 T-Bird)
  • duff333duff333 Posts: 41
    My old boss bought a Reatta when they 1st came out. He had purchased a couple of Buicks over the years from a local dealer and, while at the dealership one day, saw a Reatta come in off the delivery truck. He had to beg the manager to let him buy it - - - "I've bought 3 Buicks in the last 6 years and I deserve to get that car!". He had to pay full price.. I think it had a 170 HP which wasn't bad in the day...he had to sell it a couple years later due to some unforeseen financial issues...probably got out while the gonig was still "good". I never could tell if he liked it or not - - he drove like a little old lady despite old stories about his 390-4v Mustang and a Bugeye Sprite he had back in the 60's. I thought it was a pretty neat car but what did I know - - I still had a Pinto!
  • isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,356
    Bought a Reatta yesterday out of the blue!

Pick it up tomorrow....more later!
    We want pictures! Congratulations! Hope you enjoy your new/old ride! Did you get a convertible or the coupe?
    It's a coupe. A 1990 so it doesn't have that troublesome CRT screen.

For years it belonged to an 85 year old member of the Buick Club and the current owner has owned it 7 years. Decent shape, always a Seattle car so no rust.
    Sounds fun, what colors?
    Sounds like a nice car! So, are you in the Buick club? I wonder if I'd be old enough to join? :P

Hate to say it, but one reason I let my membership in the local DeSoto club expire was simply that I didn't have much in common with the other members. I was only 20 when I bought mine, and most of the other members made the typical Buick demographic look like the Justin Bieber crowd. Or, back then I guess it was New Kids on the Block or whatever...
    Strange color really that I hadn't seen befoe but not a repaint.

A cross between silver and charcoal I would say.
    Yeah, you're old enough A-hole :P

I did belong about 12 years ago when I had my 1953 Suoer with 45,000 miles and at the time most were my age or older.
    Sounds no different than the MBCA here. At last year's show, I think I was the 2nd or 3rd youngest person there out of maybe 75 entrants - and I am getting into my mid 30s now. Some members had been members for about 20 years when I was born!
    Same to you! ;)

I din't know about the Ford show at BCC today and missed it!

Instead I ended up at the Triple X in Issaquah for a boring BMW meet.
    Really? I had no idea there was a Ford show there either, damn. I had the old car out too...probably won't take it off surface streets until I get the parking brake and cooling system issue taken care of, maybe next month.

Mustang show at BCC should be in a month or two.
    Just don't miss Fenders on Front St. in Issaquah on Father's Day. Huge event!
    What kind of show is that? I am on the east coast that week but I'm back by the weekend.
    On Saturday. Every year on Front St. Quite an event!
    edited June 2011
    Maybe someone can tell me how to post photos? I have some pics on an SD card but I'm challenged as far as posting things.

Picked it up yesterday and it's even better than I thought.

Body is as straight as a pin. Original paint looks good unless a person wants to pick at it and point out the areas where the clearcoat is starting to peel just a bit.

Leather and interior are probably an 8 out of 10 and it runs exceptionall well. 138,000 miles.

A/C will throw snowballs at you.

The worst thing are the aluminum factory wheels. If you look at them close, you'll see curb rash and clearcoat peeling. They really need to be redone.

ABS light is on and has been for at least five years according to the seller

Owners Manual and Reatta pen are included in the leather folder. I found the factory "build sheet" inside the car.

If someone tells he how to do this, I'll post pics.">
    Maybe someone can tell me how to post photos? I have some pics on an SD card but I'm challenged as far as posting things.

I just realized something...they don't have "CarSpace" here on Edmund's anymore, do they?

To post pics, you need to have an account at a photo sharing site, like Flickr, Photobucket, etc, or some kind of personal website where you can upload pictures.

If you don't have one, if you want to email me some pics, I can post them from my photobucket site.
    Appreciate that but I'm going to have to figure out how to even email people pictures. I thought I knew how but I guess I don't.

Hate to admit this but when it comes to things like this, I need to take a class.