Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Santa Fe Maintenance and Repair (2007+)

Comments

• I've been having the same issue. They originally said it was the pedal assembly. They replaced the assembly -- and then I had it occur again. Of course, when i dropped it off, they did all the testing, and even kept it and drove it around ( with my permission of course) for two days -- with no problems. I'm keeping track of my visits -- especially after finding out that they had a back order nation wide for the pedal assembly -- AND my dealer was #60 on the list. Right now, when I start my car, if the roads are slippery conditions, i am locking it into AWD until I get out of them-- because I have noticed that it usually occurs on slippery side roads and parking lots. reading all of the similar problems, i am wondering what they are waiting for as well.
  • well, I have now dropped my santa fe off for the third time in three weeks at the dealer. Same problem as before --- flashing AWD and ESC lights, and it drops down to a crawl. ( almost got hit!) I told the service dept that if i was able to find out that there is a problem, then they need to find out as well. The lemon law only holds for the first 18K miles in NY -- and since I travel quite frequently for my job.... I am wondering what will happen. Already started letting people know that I am not very satisfied with my vehicle.... let's see what their definition of "service" will be.
  • somedai1somedai1 Posts: 416
    were you sliding/slipping on ice/snow when the lights started flashing?
    One of the rims got scratched/damaged by a curb - you think this is covered?
  • No, it was actually clear roads . I know this because I have been trying to find a consistent reason for this to happen. My concern is that they are going to keep my car, feel that they "repaired" it -- and then give it back to me when the freezing cold spurts are over. In that case, it probably won't happen again until next winter -- and I will be well over my 18K in mileage.
  • well, due to all of you that gave information for the Santa Fe issues -- I may be getting my problem fixed. Hyundai has admitted that there has been a problem ( in the Northeast states --- but more likely in cold weather states). The solution is to replace the throttle body sensor ( which I mentioned to the service dept this last time I called about my issues!!) I have actually received two phone calls today from the service department to let me know that they ordered this part and feel more confident that this will be the solution. I'll keep you posted.
  • bj02176bj02176 Posts: 115
    You must have the 3.3 engine as I have no problems with the 2.7 here in Ma.
  • I replaced the stock H7 bulbs with Philips X-treme Power H7s. They are brighter and I have had good luck with them in other vehicles. While working in the tight quarters on the driver side bulb, I managed to drop the screw-on cap that fits over the opening where the bulb and wiring are housed. It dropped I know not where, can see it, feel it, etc.

I went to Hyundai to get a replacement so that this housing is water tight. To my surprise, the cap is not sold separately.....!! The only way I can get a replacement is to buy the entire headlamp assembly for over $400 !!!. I will check out a "auto recycler" and see if they have any parts and will sell just the cap, maybe off an '07.

Since the part is not attached and amateurs like me will work in the car, you would think the part would be available. I will take some of the lower trim off to see if I can find where the original dropped.
  • I am confident that will solve your problem. As I mentioned in an earlier post,the dealer replaced the throttle body sensor in my 3.3 L Sante Fe a month ago, and I have had no issues since. I live near Toronto and it has been bitterly cold the last week.
  • Dilemma solved!!

Got my arm wrapped around under the fresh air intake for the engine, and felt the headlight cap for replacing the bulbs. Ultimately fell down into the plastic housign that sits right in front of the tire. Got it out and back in place. Whew, didn't want to spend $400, but also know you can't leave the back of the headlamp open.

Love the Santa Fe otherwise.
  • Actually -- I do have the 2.7 -- and I live near buffalo ( similar weather to toronto)-- and it's funny, because they gave me a 2007 3.3 to use. My part is on "national backorder" -- because Hyundai has admitted that there is a problem "primarily in the NorthEastern United States" (read -- cold weather states) and it's related to the throttle body!! so -- let's hope it doesn't happen to the one that's on loan!! I have this at least until the beginning of March!
    How cold does it have to be, it's 18 degrees now in my area of Massachusetts and I have not had any problems on even really colder days
    maybe everyone who has had the similar problem should list their production date and model (2.7, 3.3., fwd, awd, limited, etc) so we know what to look for...
  • Are all he problems with the 2007 models, or do the '08's have have the same problem?

Were looking to purchase a new Sante Fe and I don't want to have the same problems everyone else is having.

Thoughts on purchasing a new Sante Fe? should I stick to the 2008?
  • mpuzachmpuzach Posts: 635
    My 2007 Limited AWD has been virtually flawless. The only problem I've had was a parking brake cable that needed adjusting. The dealer took care of it in less than 30 minutes and all's been perfect ever since.
  • Except for this proboem -- I love my 2007 Santa Fe -- I wouldn't turn anybody off to the 2007 -- because there are a lot of owners out there that are completely satisfied with theirs. The end result for me is that they recognized that there is an issue, and they are attempting to fix it. I also know that if I have an issue -- I will absolutely be bringing it in ASAP.
    This is also a testament to their service -- if it wasn't for the service that I received, I probably wouldn't be speaking in a very positive manner.
    Maybe we should post the production dates etc. where are they found?
    I keep forgetting to check the door sticker, I believe it was bought in October 2006 with a build date of May 2006. Mine is a gls awd automatic 2.7 v6. Approaching 23,000 miles.

I had a windshield leak and also had the parking braking not holding very well. All were expertly repaired by Mirak Hyundai/Chevrolet.
  • "> :confuse: Looking to replace the "Lincoln Towncar-sounding" horn on my 3 month old Santa Fe model SE. Local mechanic found no spec info on my stock horn. Anyone know the amp rating of the horn? I like this replacement http://www.iboats.com/mall/dz.5007/spe.8594A/view_id.237525.html but I don't want to replace a larger-amp-draw horn. thanks
  • I have a 2007 santa fe 3.3 L engine built in june 2007.
    Both front seat backs squeek real bad when leaning
    back on seat.
    I was wondering if anyone else has this problem.
    It is the SE AWD model 5 pass seating.

I have not contacted dealer yet.

HMA
  • Well, it was 10 below zero this morning here in Medina, Minnesota. I've seen numerous subzero days this winter, including one morning when it was -17 on my drive in to work. I haven't had a single problem with my 2007 Santa Fe Limited AWD (bought May 2007, now has 14,000 miles on it). So I would say that cold weather does not seem to automatically cause problems. Probably the hardest test for it was when I parked it outdoors at the airport for a week in January. When I returned to the airport, it was 7 below zero. It started right up on the first try, despite having sat outside in that cold for five straight days. The only thing I noticed was that the LCD display for the stereo was very slow reacting until the interior warmed up.