Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lost? Ask a Host for Help!

Comments

• KCRam@EdmundsKCRam@Edmunds Mt. Arlington NJPosts: 3,496
    Try this discussion: Mazda Protege Maintenance and Repair

KCRam - Pickups/Wagons/Vans+Minivans Host

KCRam - Pickups/Wagons/Vans+Minivans Moderator

• jake26jake26 Posts: 3
    Hello Edmunds,

We just received a letter from the dealership stating that we owe a balance of $733 on the down payment for the leased car... (45 days after we got the car) sales manager even told us not to bring our checkbook as it would be no need...

we never agreed to pay any down.. in fact we made sure we qualify for the zero drive off and zero down payment before we agreed with the monthly payment of $349.

We drove off the lot without paying a dime. What should we say when I call the dealership?

Any advice would be great and appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jeff
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,968
    edited August 2013
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 16,895
    in an exchange with another member elsewhere, it occurred to me there might be a use for a board that introduces and discusses computer programs and phone apps for cars. I have no idea how much activity it would get, but I have several on my phone I could suggest and write brief reviews of. I'd like to hear if other folks have found apps/programs that are useful.

It could potentially attract advertising, which I know could be a problem. At the same time, such posts would still alert readers to other options out there.

So my question is, if we were to start one, where does it belong? Its not really Automotive News, I don't think. Its not necessarily Smart Shopper, although some apps apply to that, and I guess you could say it is shopping for apps. I don't know. ??

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '08 Town&Country

edited September 2013
    Its not really Automotive News

I think you've hit on why the Apps and Maps - Best Downloads for Drivers discussion isn't all that active.

Free free to contribute there and we'll kick around a good place for the discussion to live. Maybe the Maps part needs to split off too.

(Best car app around here lately has been Ruzzle - great way for your passenger to lose interest in your lousy driving. Miss a lot of scenery though).
    hmmm... no, its not active at all, is it. I don't necessarily think Maps/Nav needs to split off, I just wonder if its not implied that its the sole point of the discussion. A different title might be in order. Still don't know where the heck it belongs, though.

In any case, I'll post my list there when I get a chance.

Maybe it'd get more traction over in Maintenance - a lot of fun apps coming out are those that monitor the OBDII ports. Or at least link it over there.
    that's one of the apps i have i was going to list. Along with a racing app, dyno app, and a couple of shopping apps.

I'm glad to see someone is keeping up with all this stuff. :)
  • What do you mean "monitor" the OBD II ports?
    Plug your phone/tablet into the port and get real time readouts. (One example)
  • can it retrieve codes?
    edited September 2013
    Yeah, and reset the MIL too. Guess we can pick this up over in the discussion.

Apps and Maps - Best Downloads for Drivers
  • see you there, thanks.
  • evenin' kyfdx... much, much thanks from husband n me for your help on forums since host car_man's absence

looked over copy of proposed lease paperwork from honda dealership ("honda lease trust" contract included new item - compared with a 2010 and a early 2013 "honda lease trust" papers) there was new entry:

#3. "Turn-in fee (if I do not purchase the vehicle)". dealer entry was 395

buncha other companys have this but first we've seen with honda. we called honda at home toonight saturday night but heard back to call monday morn.

their still great with the 1500 dollar damge thing but looks like their going the way of others

maybe a new topic about "latest disposition fees" or something like? impotant for leases, yes?

again we thank you for your helps lately
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,898
    I think we have a discussion about that!

Lease Termination Fees and other costs

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.ef25783/1170#MSG1170

regards,
    kyfdx

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• thank you for the link. shouldhave thought it was already a topic here somewhere :)
  • Where's the best place to start?
    I'm looking for a hybrid (I think) something with good mileage for long distance commute during rush hour stop and go traffic, but also something that will be good on the highway for long distances and high speeds (above the speed limit for long distances), with good and quick pick up to cruising speeds. Looking under $40k. Where should I start? What should I be considering?
  • Our Help Me Choose discussion is a good place to get feedback. It's a general "what should I buy" discussion in Sedans, but good for feedback on most body styles.

We have an entire board dedicated to Hybrid Vehicles. There's not a "help me choose" discussion, but you can always use the "add discussion" link at the top of the listed individual discussions to start your own.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• marsha7marsha7 Posts: 3,661

Where is the option "Mark all as Read" so when I fall behind, as I have, I can click one button and zero out all the unread posts? Thanks