Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lost? Ask a Host for Help!

Comments

• steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,137
    Try the Taurus/Sable Maintenance & Repair discussion; and maybe you mean the Check Engine Light? There's also a "Check Engine" light discussion that may help.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• gembo1gembo1 Posts: 2
    I own one of the infamous 2002 Rendezvous vehicles. The SERVICE TRACTION SYSTEM LIGHT comes on several minutes after I start this car nearly every time. Also the ANTI LOCK light come on. I read several of the FAQ's and there seems to be several different possible problems. Have you been able to narrow down the most obvious solution to this? All brakes have been replaced within the last several thousand miles (not by me). No bearing work has been done. Sometimes, the light does not come on at all, but rarely is this the case. I have not had the car put on a diagnostic computer. Any help or suggestions would be deeply appreciated.
    Gembo
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    Those issues are being discussed in 2002 Buick Rendezvous Class Action?. You should also try Buick Rendezvous Maintenance and Repair.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • crowancrowan Posts: 1
    i have 1999 dodge dually 4x4 my problem is at about 42mph the transmission shifts up and down if i get above 42 or below 40 it's fine if i turn overdrive off i have this same problem but it's about 32mph .can anyone tell me what is causing this. thanks C Rowan
    Dodge Ram: Transmission Problems may help.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • megaramegara Posts: 1
    I have a problem with my Chevy Blazer(1993) fuel pump.
    After I switch off the engine, the fuel pump continues to work. To stop it, I always need to take the fuse off the panel. May you guys please tell me what do I need to do, to remove that problem.
    Here's a good place to start: Blazer Fuel Pump Problems

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Thanks in advance for any insight...

1992 Honda Civic... The "low beam" is not working, but the high beam works fine on one of the headlights... Can I simply replace a bulb or do I have to replace the whole headlight?

Thanks!
  • k8ek8e Posts: 1
    I do not recommend anyone buy a Toyota from Gresham Toyota in Gresham Oregon. They are not responsive to their customers' needs, they are negligent and unwilling to rectify problems that occur on their property or even take any responsibility for adequately maintaining a safe environment on their property. In particular, their Customer Service Manager is NOT. She is rude, sarcastic, and accusatory. Do not recommend this company. There are lots and lots of Toyota dealerships in the Portland Metro area. Buy from someone else!!!
    k8e
    You should find Older Civic Maintenance and Repair helpful.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
    There are several discussions you may be interested in. I would recommend Dealer Dis-Service Horror Stories and Choosing a Dealer - What to Look For

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • atqatq Posts: 2
    Hi, my name's aTQ,I own a workshop,specilized in body repair,I'm ordered to restore a 1977 toyota celica,the car's condition is very bad,lotsof lost body line and shape,I need to get the original dimension/shape something like catalogues/pictures of it so i can return it to its original..
    Kindly need advise..
    Best regards..
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,836
    Hm... you might have a look at this Online Repair Manuals guide, and check in our Toyota Celica group to see if other owners/enthusiasts can help.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• gembo1gembo1 Posts: 2
    I decided to have a diagnostic test run on my Rendezvous and it turned out to be the right thing to do. A sensor on the front, right wheel hub had gone bad. Problem is that the sensor alone could not be replaced and the job required a complete hub assembly to be changed at a cost of $384.78. The price did not surprise me since nothing can be done at a reasonable price anymore. I am just happy that it wasn't the ABS pump. The mechanic had told me beforehand that it was a possibility. However, the problem has been solved and I can now walk upright again since my wife got off my back.
    Gembo
  • qdog1qdog1 Posts: 2
    hello, i am looking to buy a rim or rims for a 2005 hyundai elantra gt hatchback. It or they can be new or used in god condition...please help...qdog1
  • qdog1qdog1 Posts: 2
    hello, i am looking to buy a rim or rims for a 2005 hyundai elantra gt hatchback. It or they can be new or used in good condition...please help...qdog1
    The folks in Hyundai Elantra: Tires & Wheels should be able to point you in the right direction.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
    The folks in Hyundai Elantra: Tires & Wheels should be able to point you in the right direction.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • I want to know how much I should pay for a 07 Tacoma Prerunner Regular cab, and I am thinking about asking in the Tacoma: Prices Paid & Buying Experiences forum. Is there a better forum?

(I've done my research and I know how much Edmunds, carsdirect, etc suggest, but I figure it can't hurt to get more information.)
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,889
    That is the place... :)

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• bull3bull3 Posts: 3
    I have a 1994 f-150 pickup with an inline 6-cyl., 5-speed tranny, with 2-wd. you have to push the clutch pedal all the way to the floor to get the truck into gear. I've checked the clutch master cyl. and it is full. Is there any adjustment on the inside of the bell housing? or do I have to completely replace the clutch assembly?
    Check the Ford F-Series group for a suitable topic. You should also try Got a Quick, Technical Question?.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • my97jimmymy97jimmy Posts: 15
    Well...now it's my turn for transmission problems. I hope someone can help.

Scoop: I have a 1997 GMC Jimmy w/4 wheel drive, automatic transmission, V6 vortec engine, and 155K miles. Trans fluid and filter was changed at 80K. The trans worked fine yesterday, but today it's stuck in 3rd gear.

Additional info: I can manually shift it into second gear and third gear, but no first gear or overdrive. Also, twice this morning when I put it in park and shut it off, I couldn't turn the ignition to off to get the key out without starting it back up and working the shifter thru the gears a couple times.

Any help would be greatlu appreciated.
    Keith
    Hi Keith, copy/paste your post over in the Chevrolet Blazer GMC Jimmy Transmission Problems discussion and someone should be able to help you out.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• my97jimmymy97jimmy Posts: 15
    Thanks steve.
    This is a great site.
    Been doing some reading here and learning alot.
  • tocapallatocapalla Posts: 16
    Hello. I have a question about leases I have never seen on the Lease question forums and need some help and advice. I am thinking of assuming a lease for a Lexus E350, Ultra package. The current lease is $607.per month including taxes, for the 28 months remaining on the lease. The current lease holder is in a state with 6.5% tax, and I live in a state with a 5% tax rate.Does anyone know how Lexus handles lease assumptions? Their transfer fee is $45.00. Wouldn't my note be less? I need help! THANKS in advance.
    I'm not up on my sedans, but I think you mean the ES 350? Try the Lexus ES 350: Lease Questions discussion for help.

• romo23romo23 Posts: 1
    i have a 94 civic and my brakelights are stuck on. i have checked all fuses and am stuck. can anyone please help me?
  • paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    It's probably a bent brake pedal or more likely the switch for the brake lights behind your brake pedal is bent out a bit and is staying on or sticking. Check out the Honda area and I bet they'll know exactly what the problem is.

-mike
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,836
    And here's the trap door to the Honda Civic group.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews