Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lost? Ask a Host for Help!

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Trying posting here (link below). Maybe some other TL owner has solved this very problem:

Acura TL: Problems and Solutions
  • pixelcrapixelcra Member Posts: 2
    I was quoted the following price from a local Los
    Angeles dealer. Do you guys think this is a decent price?
    Anyone make a purchase recently; if you have please post
    what you paid (it will help me save money:)

CX-7 2WD Grand Touring with Teck Pkg: $28,832

CX-7 2WD Grand Touring w/ Moon/6CD :$26,828

I'm leaning toward the 1st quote with the technology
    package. Also, for those of you owning, are you having
    any issues with your car? I keep reading about electrical
    problems (gas cap and such). This makes me a bit nervous
    to purchase a 1st year model.

Thank you very much, Steve
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Mazda CX-7: Prices Paid & Buying Experiences would be a good place to start.

tidester, host
  • edlegueedlegue Member Posts: 6
    I recently bought a 2004 Yukon XL SLT with 17,900 miles. I think I got a pretty good deal on it but I am concerned with the mileage:engine hours ratio. At 17,900 the engine hours read 744, which gives you an average of 24 MPH. I don't know if there is such a thing as and national average
    but 24 MHP seems pretty low. The deal went fairly easy and the car was priced at least a couple thousand less than others with comparable stats. I know it's tough to screw with the odometer but something bugs me about this car. Runs good, smells good and I love the vehicle. I suppose that if I didn't have the hour meter it would not have occurred to me. Any comments please.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    Take a look through the GMC Yukon group for an appropriate place to post your questions and concerns.
  • edlegueedlegue Member Posts: 6
    Thanks, I did post on one GMC group but got no replies. I'll try again. Thanks for the help
  • zoom12zoom12 Member Posts: 4
    How can I contact a person who submitted a post directly without posting my own email? Thanks
  • sbuhlersbuhler Member Posts: 122
    I am in Louisiana where taxes are paid monthly on the Lease payment. If I have a trade-in of approx $15,000 (owe about $13000), normally that is deducted from the tax that I have to pay on the car when doing traditional financing. This gives consumers the opportunity to not be taxed twice. For example, say I purchase a vehicle for $29,000, I will only have to pay tax on $14,000 since my trade value was worth $15,000.

How is this applied towards the tax in a Lease?

Thanks
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    If someone doesn't mind being contacted directly by other members they will mark their email public in their profile. Otherwise see if they have set up their CarSpace page and if so, try emailing them from your CarSpace account (or send them a Friends request). See the Help link at the bottom for CarSpace info.
    Try the Vehicle Sales Tax Questions discussion.
  • center823center823 Member Posts: 4
    a 2000 Tundra and have had a problem twice that nobody can come up with an explanation. My brake light fades on then off then fades on again,it stays lit the vehicle will stall and immeadiately the starter will try to engage itself and even when the vehicle is running it will try to engage as if you were starting the vehicle while it was running. Any help will be grateful.
    Check the topics in the Toyota Tundra group. If you don't find a match to your problem then click on the "Add a Discussion" link there to create a suitable one. Usually, other members will jump in and help out!

tidester, host
  • 944s944s Member Posts: 42
    i have a quick question in regards to emissions,, im in the state of arizona,, and i have a '99 pontiac sunfire and i have to register it,,, i think theyre going to do an emissions test,, i havent really done that much to it,,, i added an AEM short ram intake and replaced the breather hose on the valve cover with a mini cone filter. will that make me fail??? i still have the stock air cleaner/intake.. please let me know!
    thx
    -Kobalt25k
    There's a couple of recent posts from another member in the Pontiac Sunfire: Emissions discussion - maybe y'all can help each other out. You may want to try the Breathe Easy: Int. & Exh. Headers + Mufflers and Pipes discussion too.
  • worxriteworxrite Guest Posts: 7
    I have a 1996 Town & Country Chrysler Lxi Van and the fan continues to run after I take the key out. Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem?

Thank You,
    R. Corbett
    Try the Chrysler Town & Country: Electrical Problems discussion - be sure to mention how long the fan is running (running the battery down, etc.?) when you post in there.
  • worxriteworxrite Guest Posts: 7
    Thank you for such a quick response!

Regards,
    R. Corbett
  • herc76herc76 Member Posts: 52
    It seems like cannot get any assistance, so I am going to try here. I'm looking at trading my 02 Navi for a 04 Ultimate that is loaded. The value of the 04 is $34,580 that has 33,000 miles They are going to sell the Nav for $31,451 after taxes. They are only giving me $13,000 for my 02 that has 72125 miles. I was trying to get them to bring the price down. Do anyone of you think I can get the price of the vehicle lower or my trade-in higher?
    Thank you!
    I think you are looking for Buying Tips: How Do I Get the Best Deal?

tidester, host
  • andydlandydl Member Posts: 1
    I currently have an '86 BMW 325, but so far it cost me about double the price I paid for the car in repairs. So I am now in the market for a newer and, preferably, more reliable car. But unfortunately I cannot seem to find just the right one, so I was hoping some of you may have ideas of what make/model I should look at.
    I want a 6cyl small to mid-sized coupe or sedan with a manual transmission under (approximately) 7000USD. The Audi A4 1996 which goes for 4000-7000 from what I've found seems to be a good choice, but I read multiple complaints about its reliability. Could you suggest a reliable (or at least somewhat reliable) vehicle that would fit the above specifications (under 7000 is one of them)?
  • andypukandypuk Member Posts: 3
    where is the air flow meter on this car as i cant find it ?
    Thanks
    Andy
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    One place you could start is in the Used Reliable Luxury < $7k discussion. You might also use the Browse By Vehicle search on the left side of the page to look up more discussions on the A4 and other vehicles which interest you.
    Have a look at our Subaru Impreza group of discussions. Someone hanging out there may be help.
  • andypukandypuk Member Posts: 3
    subaru impreza 2002 2.0 non turbo
    where is the air flow meter on this car as i cant find it ?
    Thanks
    Andy
  • dirty_stevedirty_steve Member Posts: 2
    I'm trying to install the front bumper on a 97 Dodge Ram 1500 but I'm not sure how many bolts hold it on. I have the bumper, brackets and a mess of bolts. Has anyone installed one before. I need help.
    Dirty_Steve
  • nescosmonescosmo Member Posts: 453
    How can i put a picture on a thread and for everybody to see it when they scan the msg.

Nescosmo
  • terry92270terry92270 Member Posts: 1,247
    It will cause many $$ worth of damage. Make them flush it completely, they have a machine for just that, and when all traces of the motor oil are removed, fill with the proper fluid.
    Stop by the Dodge Ram group and see whether any of the topics match your issue. If not, click the "Add a Discussion" link there and pose your question. Usually other owners will jump in and offer advice.

tidester, host
    Click on the "Help" link at the bottom of this page where you'll find information on posting photos.

tidester, host
  • odannyboyodannyboy Member Posts: 2
    I have no clue as to where to look for this question. Can anyone tell me if the rims of a1993 olds achieva are interchangeable with a 1999 cavalier? Thanks. Dan
    Check out the Chevrolet Cavalier group and "add a discussion" if needed. You may also want to try Got a Quick, Technical Question?.

tidester, host
  • trains11trains11 Member Posts: 1
    extreme vibration exhaust system
    Try the Breathe Easy: Int. & Exh. Headers + Mufflers and Pipes discussion or search for your specific make and model in the Browse By Vehicle search in the left sidebar and choose a discussion in one of those groups.
  • cadillacbillcadillacbill Member Posts: 2
    I was recently rearended. The person told me to get any estimate I wanted, that she would pay the bill. I got two estimates: One was for $2400 and the other is for $2800. My car will be in the shop for at least a week. I gave the person the $2800 estimate and she gave me a check. Is it now unethical to go to the $2400 repair place?

I'm justifying it because she didn't offer to pay for a rental car and this is really going to put my wife and I out with only one car. Plus the damage devalued my car. What would you do?
    Since this is a question about an accident, I think I'd try posting in the Questions About Auto Insurance & Accidents discussion.
  • jett59jett59 Member Posts: 1
    Recently, I had an issue with my wipers not working. After checking under the cowl, I found the linkage from the wiper motor was off. I replaced the linkage and retimed the wiper blades for proper position. They work correctly when they are turned on, however, when you turn them off, they will not return to the "park" position at the cowl. They stop midway on the windsheild. Help!!
    I think I'd start in the Volkswagen Jetta: Problems & Solutions discussion or look around the Jetta group for others.
  • neil19neil19 Member Posts: 1
    hey can u tell me what this 9 dollar down pre accusation sales are
    "Acquisition fee" language often means deceptive advertising. Try asking in the Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences group for the make/model car you are interested in or try the Stories from the Sales Frontlines discussion.
  • angelybarra197angelybarra197 Member Posts: 2
    I dont have heat.. it blows luke warm. I have replaced the thermastat,both lines coming form heatercore are warm, I checked the coolant level. What else could it be?
    Someone in the Chevrolet Cavalier: Climate Control/AC Issues discussion should be able to offer some ideas. And you may want to skim Climate Control Problems (Air Conditioning, Heat) - All Cars while waiting for responses.
  • angelybarra197angelybarra197 Member Posts: 2
    I did notice the coolant fan turns on as soon as you start the car
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    This discussion is more like a nav system for the forums :P

The links that Steve-Steve-Go provided will get you to the discussions where you can talk about the problem.
  • bonespurbonespur Member Posts: 1
    Help - Do I buy a 2007 Pilot or 2007 Nitro?? Nitro is about $5000 cheaper but it is a new vehicle on the market with no track record - Honda products also rate high. I need help in deciding. Thanks
    You could try Please help me decide between... in addition to the individual Honda Pilot and Dodge Nitro groups.

tidester, host
  • lsufan6970lsufan6970 Member Posts: 10
    My 2006 RRS has been in the shop for about 7 weeks for apparent rodent damage to some electrical harnesses. It seems as though they should have fixed the damage by now. I feel as though I'm getting the run around because it's not a warranty issue. What recourse do I have? Legal? Lemon Law? My insurance agent is staying on top of it, but it doesn't seem to be helping.
    Try posting your question here:

Land Rover Sport Discussion
  • 944s944s Member Posts: 42
    i have a 1999 pontiac sunfire SE Coupe,, i have done several mods to it,, but it has a 3sp AT, i was wondering if it is possible to swap it with a 5sp MT, and how ward of a job it would be??? if it is indeed possible, can i just take a tranny out of another sunfire??? another posibility is to do a whole engine swap with the 2.4L DOHC outta the sunfire GT Coupe but i want the 5sp manual???? how hard will this be to achieve???? please halp me!!!!!
  • cftc100cftc100 Member Posts: 1
    i have a 1995 taurus that heats to halfway point even in cold weather. (50f) in california. i also smell coolant after i turn it off. it has new radiator, hoses, water pump. all about 1 1/2 years and 8k miles. it tends to cool down when i turn on the air conditioning or the heater. im wondering if this is a sign of impending head gasket breakdown, etc. any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. im new to this forum and chat groups in general so any referals to appropriate groups or forums would also be appreciated. thank you.
    You might try posting your question here for starters:

Taurus/Sable:Maintenance & Repair Discussion