Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lost? Ask a Host for Help!

Comments

• oufan4oufan4 Posts: 3
    We purchased a 1998 Saturn coupe (80,000 miles now) for our daughter 2 years ago, was running ok (with the exception of the "check engine light" that comes on every once in a while.) But in the last year, she has had problems intermittently starting her car. There is no consistency and it doesn't matter if it is hot or cold, except it seems to happen more in the spring/summer(we live in Texas). It starts fine in the morning after sitting all night, then after school it won't start. This will happen for several days in a row, then it will be fine for weeks & months. Then it starts over again. She normally has to wait about 10 mintues then it will start.(all the electrically stuff works, radio, windows, locks, etc) Once or twice, it took longer to start. It has been to two mechanics--the first one could not find anything wrong, the second one is not sure. It only not started once for him, all other times it started right up. The second mechanic said the starter looked fine and it could be a ignition problem, but before we spend the $$$ on this...If anyone could shed some light on this, we'd appreciate. It's starting to become extremely frustrating. Also, could it be the security mode I read about on the internet? Thanks
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,931
    Try asking the other owners in the Saturn S-Series Starting Problems discussion. You may want to skim the "No Start" Problems discussion while waiting for responses.
  • We snapped the passenger side mirror off our 97 legacy outback. Looking for a replacement. What years mirrors fit this car? I see some from other years but don't know if they will work. Thanks, Tony
  • messie47messie47 Posts: 2
    My husband and I own three vehicles, a 05 subaru legacy GT, 02 Toyota Tacoma, and 01 chevy cavalier which i use to drive to work. We hardly ever drive the subaru or tacoma since my huband [a deputy] has a patrol car he drives daily. We were thinking of trading the tacoma and the subaru in on a new Tundra double cab. I can't decide what is best to do keep what we have or trade. I still owe 20k on the subaru. Yhe salesman said they'd pay it off and give us 15k for the truck, I need to figure out what's the best thing to do
    Try asking in one of the discussions in the Subaru Legacy & Outback group. Maybe the Subaru Legacy/Outback Wagons Maintenance & Repair one.
    One of the Smart Shopper discussions should help. Purchasing Strategies - Questions & Success Stories would be a good bet.
  • bflettbflett Posts: 2
    Not sure where to go, so I'll ask here - I have a leased 2007 PT Cruiser. Due to alot of driving on the highway, I'm over the miles allowed. I want to sell this lease, 24 months remaining. What are the chances? And if I can't, what might be the implications at the end of the lease?
  • Karen@EdmundsKaren@Edmunds Posts: 5,026
    Sounds like a good question to post in Lease Termination Fees and other costs.

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

• bob160bob160 Posts: 3
    engine runs perfect when timing is set at 4'B.T.C. however if you shut it off it will not start unless you rotate the distributor to 25'B.T.C. installed the following new parts cap,rotor,plugs,two distributors,timing chain and gears,coil,wires still no change.Anyone who has any ideas I would certainly appreciate a reply Thank You!
  • MrShift@EdmundsMrShift@Edmunds Posts: 43,637
    I'd suggest posting your question here:

Got a Quick Technical Question?
  • sandyatlsandyatl Posts: 2
    I have a 2001 Honda Odyssey and the emission light just turned on but I want to sort of know what it MIGHT be before I take it in to have it checked. Has anyone had any issues with this or might know what it's about?
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    I recommend starting with Honda Odyssey Warning Lights.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • jferoyjferoy Posts: 1
    1994 Taurus with 68,000 miles won’t down shift (seems like it’s stuck in overdrive). Starting out from a stop it seems to say in Drive or Overdrive (no pep). When commanded to 1 gear using the selector it works fine. When driving and try to accelerate it will not down shift. Any suggestions?
  • Kirstie@EdmundsKirstie@Edmunds Posts: 10,676
    I would try our general Transmission Traumas discussion, or the Taurus/Sable Transmission discussion.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• almagg1almagg1 Posts: 2
    excuse me for piggybacking on your message.

but how do i start a new topic?

i have not seen any new topic buttons or anything.

thanks.
    al
  • rrayw747rrayw747 Posts: 2
    I am looking to price an 01 silhouette, I had seen somewhere that there is additional pricing info here as opposed to regular edmunds pricing. thanks, rrw
  • MrShift@EdmundsMrShift@Edmunds Posts: 43,637
    Hi. I've sent you an e-mail with instructions

MrShiftright
    Host
    Carspace.com Forums
  • I just purchased a "loaded" slt2 awd (worst experience of my life!) Love car!!! Dealership screwed up and didn't order some items long story but don't by from key auto group - New England.
  • peiff903peiff903 Posts: 1
    I need to replace the sensor on my 2003 Pontiac Aztek. Iwas wondering how to do it and if it is a do it yourself job. Location of the sensor and how difficult it may be will help. THANKS A LOT!
  • nmistrynmistry Posts: 1
    I have a unique property that would truly appeal to a car enthusiast want to provide exposure to this audience. The property is in Florida and comes with almost 6500SqFt of garage/workspace amongst other things. I need help/suggestions as to the best places to provide this exposure both in print and the best sites on the internet.

All help greatly appreciated.

Naresh