Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lost? Ask a Host for Help!

Comments

• steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 43,000
    Try asking in the Toyota Tacoma: Problems & Solutions discussion.

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

• Hello!

I am a small business owner in California and want to buy a car from another person. What is the process of transfering a title from a person to a business? I couldn't find anything on the California DMV site.

Thanks.
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,109
    You'll want to ask in the Questions About Private Sale Transactions discussion.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • hmohtahmohta Posts: 4
    hello folks,

I dont know much about cars. Please advise me on my problem:

1993 TOYOTA COROLLA 127K miles car Not starting. it gives a "eehhehheeehhhe" sound but does not start.
    Does not seem to be a problem with the battery coz audio and wipers are working I tired to jump start still it did not work.

Few weeks back there was similar problem to starting the car and the problem went away.
    I have 3 options to take my car to shop:
    Local Toyota Dealer
    Local Firestone Maintainence shop - I do my oil changes here
    An Independent shop which does BMW and other foreign cars, I was referred to this by a friend who has bmw and says he is a good mechanic.

Please help me with your advise on most efficient way ($ + quality ) I can get my car up and running again.
    You may find some help in Toyota Corolla Electrical Issues or Toyota Corolla Fuel System Questions.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • KCRamKCRam Mt. Arlington NJPosts: 3,516
  • auboyauboy Posts: 1
    need some ideas on repairing the front bumper damaged hitting a tree... minor cracks were caused.. need ideas on repairing cracks... replacing bumper not needed...just repaired.. front headlight cover also damaged... advice on replacing that too. 2005 Ford Taurus is the model of the car.

• hey when i crank my car it runs like crap dont ideal right trys to die and burns alot of gas and it will be running fine then just dies all of a sudden any ideas?
  • I'm looking to buy a nice used Solara.I like the 04 & 05 models.I'd like to hear from some owners of BOTH the 4 cylinder AND 6 cylinder models.With gas prices going nowhere but higher I'm leaning towards the 4 cyl.However,if there's only 5 mpg.or so less with the 6 cyl.I may buy it.I'm not sure the 4 banger will be enough power for my liking.Please tell me just what your cars gas mileage is,and if you've experienced any problems with your 4 or 6 cyl.motor.
    Bob :confuse:
  • I have a 2003 Toyota Highlander with automatic transmission that suddenly would not shift into Park this evening coming home from work. It started up fine and shifted fine when I began the drive home.
    Pushing the shift button and shifting any other gear works fine. I am able to force it in and out of Park with an extreme amount of pressure applied with both thumbs to the shift button so as to be able to get my key out of the ignition, but turning the ignition does not start the engine while in Park anymore. Further fiddling I discovered I can start the engine while in Neutral. Any thoughts out there before I take it to the shop? There has been absolutely no idication of any problems before all of this. I changed the oil in my car earlier today, but I had no unusual problems or events doing that.
    Has anyone experienced anything similar?
    Mitsubishi Eclipse Engine Problems would be a good place to start!

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
    There has been some discussion of mileage issues in the Toyota Solara topic as well as reliability issues.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
    Highlander Transmission Problems is the right place to visit!

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Two days ago I got into my 2003- Toyota Seqouia Limited, Started it up and the TRAC,VSC & Engine indicator lights were on and will not turn off, what's the problem? This is a 4WD Vehicle with the center shift control lever and dash board 4WD buttons. It has always been in the "H" position...where should it be? I have noticed wheel slipping in the wet road conditions and pushed the dashboard 4WD button to adjust to the condition. I reset when wet condition are over. How should I be using these controls for traction, slipping & 4WD. I must be doing somnething wrong. Help!!!
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 6,178
    I'd start in the Toyota Sequoia Maintenance and Repair discussion to track down that engine light. Then check the discussion list in that group for the appropriate discussions about your 4WD question

Need some roadside assistance? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• vegas8vegas8 Posts: 3
    Thank you... :)
  • Reliability? With regards to the 4 cyl or 6? Or some other issues?
    If you don't see your specific issues addressed there you can always post a message and find out what other owners have to say.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • The headlights on my Kia Sedona will not work with the normal lights on but with the bright lights on they work?

anyone know why? or where I start to look?
    You found the right Sedona discussion for you post. Just give it a bit for folks to see your post.

Need some roadside assistance? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• lv2drvlv2drv Posts: 132
    It's not quite time to replace the blades as my vehicle is only 6 months old. But I wondered what others think of this blade. Is it worth the price? Any other recommendations? If it matters, I have an '07 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited.
    Best place to ask this of Santa Fe owners would be in the Hyundai Santa Fe Maintenance and Repair (2007+) discussion.

• jaxs1jaxs1 Posts: 2,697
    I trying to find a discussion that isn't about a specific make or model, but about what are the current hottest, most heavily subsidized lease deals available.

For instance, maybe you were planning on leasing a Honda Accord EX V6, but would have leased a higher end car that had a lease special that made it cost close to the same as the Accord if you only knew about the deal.
    How do you find these deals without following 15 different lease forums?

Say you have $X per month to put towards a $0 down, 3 year 45K mile lease and you want to find out what vehicles would be realistically available at those terms based on selling prices, residuals and money factors available right now.
    Give the General Questions about Leasing Vehicles discussion a try.

kcram - Pickups Host
  • I have 94 Lumina APV with a 3.8 L engine that will not start. I have taken the starter out and had it tested, it was ok. When I put it back in it turned once and now nothing any ideas?
    Try asking in the Chevrolet Lumina Maintenance and Repair discussion, and you should skim the posts in the "No Start" Problems discussion for ideas too.

• I recently picked up an 86' ford pickup. the engine had been replaced by one owner, and then the next had added some things to the engine. i'm starting to have problems with it, and dont have the first idea of what to look at because i don't even know what kind of engine it is! if anyone could help me out that would be great....i could send pictures or something.
    Stop by the Older Ford F-Series (20+ years) Questions discussion. :)

kcram - Pickups Host