Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lost? Ask a Host for Help!

Comments

• totowatotowa Posts: 14
    Hi,
    I am so confused over sales tax in NJ.

After thorough research over various forums, some people said that sales tax is based on depreciation, not based on monthly payment which includes both depreciation and finance charge.

So if I want sales tax to be included in monthly payment, how do I calculate it?

From based on Lease formula, where do I apply sales tax?

1) Depreciation= (Cap Cost - RV)/36
    2) Interest = (Cap Cost + RV)x MF
    Monthly Payment = (1) + (2)

Thanks in advance
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,621
    Take the depreciation.. multiply it by the tax rate..

Then take that number and add it back into the CAP cost, and re-figure the payment with that number included (IOW, the tax is paid upfront, but you can add into cap cost)

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• ray37ray37 Posts: 4
    I have a 2003 Toyota 4-Runner Limited. My computerized dash thermometer says it's 94 degrees outside when it's actually 110. Where is the sensor located, and how can this problem be fixed.

Thanks,

Ray
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Try asking other owners hanging out here: Toyota 4Runner. And welcome! :)
  • ray37ray37 Posts: 4
    Thanks, I just did.

Ray
  • melissa8melissa8 Posts: 2
    I have a 1995 PLymouth Neon with about 60,000 miles on it. Whee! What a loser. At any rate I have a problem. Last summer I dealt with the dreaded head gasket. I replaced the water pump and the timing belt. This summer I have another problem. About a month ago the car started running rough...stuttering when idling, having trouble accelerating (more so with the air con on) etc. Then the check engine light went on. My boyfriend checked the error code and got a 43. So we have chagned the spark plugs, air filter, ignition coil and the fuel filter. So far things get better for about a half a day and then start all over. Hard accelerating when cornering with the air con on seems to be the worst time. Any suggestions? Oh and we used the fuel cleaner stuff too.

Thanks
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    Check the topics in the Dodge/Plymouth Neon group. You can get some ideas in the main Dodge/Plymouth Neon topic and Dodge/Plymouth Neon: fuel or starting problem or Dodge-Plymouth Neon: Starting/Stalling may prove helpful.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • inksterinkster Posts: 2
    where is the speed sensor on a hyundai gx300?
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 39,956
    Do you mean the Hyundai XG300 and XG350? If so, try posting in the discussion at that link. The XG platform was shared by the Amanti, so you may want to check in Kia Amanti 2006 and earlier too.

Or maybe you have a Hyundai Sonata?

Too many models out there! :confuse:

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• pops968pops968 Posts: 3
    I have a 87 Ford RV with a 460 cu in engine. Everytime I turn left either at a corner or on a curve clouds of blue smoke blows out through the exhaust pipe. Doesn't do it when I turn right or go straight, just when I turn left. Anyone have any ideas on what's wrong. Thanks in Advance.

Dave
    Try asking in the Got a Quick, Technical Question? discussion.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• helaynahelayna Posts: 2
    My dealer has offered the following deal:
    2007 BMW X3 in Alpine White with Sand Beige Leatherette and equipped with auto transmission, heated steering wheel and front seats as well as privacy glass. MSRP is $40025. The current "price" is $39325. Money factor appears to be .00255, term is 36 months with 10K miles. They have me paying $5300 at signing ($450 is security dep.). Taxes are listed as $3683 - our sales tax rate here is 7.55%. The monthly lease payment is $448.23. I want to pay nothing down and negotiate to a net capital price of $38000 or pay $1000 down for a net capital price of $37000. I cannot understand why the need for the $5300 down - it doesn't add up. What are they doing?????
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,811
    Try our BMW X3 Lease Questions discussion.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Over the last 3 weeks the ac unit has been blowing cold air intermittently. For the past couple of days the blower hasn't been working. Could this be because of a fuse or ac fan or what?
    I'd ask in the Chevrolet Impala Climate Control/AC/Heater discussion.

• vietlee8vietlee8 Posts: 3
    would anyone like to help me figure how to change your topic question from read only to ppl that can answer it?
    You should get some responses to your question in the Infiniti G35 Prices Paid discussion so stay tuned to that forum.

• patpat Posts: 10,421
    Where do you have a read-only topic? Like Steve said, your post in G35 Prices Paid should get some responses, but I'm curious about the read-only topic you mention?
  • vietlee8vietlee8 Posts: 3
    yes thats what ive done but im am here waiting for a reply. Thanks for your help anyways
    That was some host housekeeping Pat. :shades: