Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lost? Ask a Host for Help!

Comments

• arujdparujdp Posts: 3
    Hi, I have purchased a Honda Pilot 2008 in May 2008.

I want to give this car to my friend for 4 months on a lease. Can you please guide me what should be the process?

This SUV is Honda Financed for 3 years. Please help.

Thanks
    -Arun.
  • madmanmoomadmanmoo Posts: 2,039
    Read your finance contract. That won't fly. On the back of the contract it specifically states that you cannot sublease the vehicle to anyone.
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,109
    If you are leasing the car then Honda Pilot Lease Questions would be the place to ask your question. If you actually purchased the Pilot then the terms of leasing it to your friend will be whatever the two of you agree on provided your bank doesn't object. Just be sure to put it all in writing!

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • ilmbgilmbg Posts: 8
    I am new to this forum, and having some trouble getting to the right place!
    I want to find out costs of older Mercedes/Volvo wagons- about 1982-1989ish.
    I can't seem to find the right places to view prices, and questions about these cars.
    I want to know prices, but there are different models.
    Please start this for me, and any help in finding a car from someone is appreciated.
    May I include my email? ohtoremember@yahoo.com
    I am in northern Wyoming, but will go look quite a ways-
    Thank you.
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,296
    Welcome to CarSpace.

Edmunds has pricing back to 1980.

For help from other forum members, you could start in the Classic Cars forum. Try the USED European Luxury Cars (pre 1990) discussion for example, although the era cars you are looking at may not be "classic" enough yet.

Oh, if you post your email address in any internet forum, you're certain to get spam. The spambots crawl forums and grab emails. It's better to mark your email public in your Profile and that will help limit the spam you get while still allowing other members to reach you.

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

• For about 2 months, edmunds/carspace does not seem to "remember" me. I have to sign in every time, despite checking the box for "remember me on this computer" every time. When I do get signed in, up in the top left corner it says "welcome, (my name) null." IIRC, "null" appeared about the same time as the sign in problems. I am not having any trouble with any other websites. Any suggestions?
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Regarding the automatic login issue, it sounds like you either do not have cookies enabled in your browser, or your browser is clearing cookies when you exit. You need to keep your Edmunds cookies to be "remembered" on your next visit.

The "null" thing is probably not new unless you recently cleared the last name field in your profile. It means that field is blank.

Hope this helps.
  • Pat,
    Thanks. You are correct about the "null". I thought it might be a cookie thing as well. I cleared everything out last night but that didn't help. This morning I discovered something I hadn't found before: a place to add specific trusted addresses....so far it has worked and is "remembering" me. It is still a mystery though as to how or why things got messed up after working so well for so long.

Thanks for your help.
  • sml8edsml8ed Posts: 1
    Where do I go to get advice on choosing an older used compact pickup?
  • KCRamKCRam Mt. Arlington NJPosts: 3,516
    We had one such discussion, but about the new compact pickups, and it has since become inactive. If you want to start one, you may do so in the Pickups Board.

kcram - Pickups/Wagons Host
  • Would anyone have the details for leasing an XF (Money factor, residuals etc.)
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,850
    Post your question in Jaguar XF Lease Questions, and Car_man will be around to answer it...

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• maennjmaennj Posts: 20
    I never seen such a sick salesperson, have you ever seen a salesperson gets mad and yell at you "I WASTED TOO MUCH TIME ON YOU". Well I got someone like that.
    Have you ever got your deal canceled by the dealer and gotten rid of by the dealer in the last minute? Well I got that.

Long story short, the salesperson is really pushy and psycho. I was trying to negotiate with him politely and I've shown him offers from other dealers to convince him that his price is too high. He wasted my time too much by going to his manager and coming back to me. Finally after 5 hours, we finally reached an agreement. Then when we started to do the contract, I picked the car even though I had to pick a car with more options because their inventory is short (more on inventory later). Then I asked the salesperson how many miles you're giving me on this lease, he said 12k. I said oh I thought it was 15k. At that point he went beyond the limits and threw keys at the table and walked away yelling at me "I WASTED TOO MUCH TIME ON YOU", the he took all the papers and left. I was really shocked and everyone in the room was looking at me. I went to manager to complete this deal because it was good. However, I started complaining there about the salesperson. Instead of making me happy, the manager felt that I'm unhappy and I would give him low rating in the survey. He said I'd rather not sell the car instead of getting low rating. I hoped he just yell to the salesperson or making him apologize. Instead, he came up with stupidest excuse to get rid of me. He said the car should be insured by the primary applicant and can't be insured by the co-buyer (even though I did that with a Honda). He just started to give me excuses for every solution I come up with.

Also,they said they will agree on offer I gave them if the co-applicant have score of 700+. I said ok and gave co-applicant SSN. After they ran a credit check,even though the co-applicant had excellent score with more than 700, they gave me totally different numbers for the car I wanted and then said they'll give me the cheaper trim for the price I offered. I had to go with the cheaper trim after they ran credit check.

Inventory was really bad, he told me they have the car with the color I wanted. But after we nearly closed the deal, we found they have only one color available and the color I wanted is available with more options, so I had to pay more to get the color I wanted.

===========================================
    My question is, is there anything that I can do to take actions against this dealer ? I sent to Toyota Customer Experience Center but I'm not sure if that will do something. It's really bad business that they wasted 5 hours of my time and canceling my deal because I'm "unhappy". Please help, I'm really frustrated of what they did. They even refused to give me a copy of the voided contract. They just were extremely impolite.
  • KCRamKCRam Mt. Arlington NJPosts: 3,516
    Give the Got a Quick Question for a Car Dealer? discussion a try.

kcram - Pickups/Wagons Host
    In addition to KC's suggestion, you may also want to do a write up in Dealer Ratings and Reviews.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • sylviaesylviae Posts: 31
    Having been through a similar experience with a car dealer, I would suggest you contact the Better Business Bureau and file a complaint against the dealer/dealership. This really helps you and others and it is posted on the BBB web site. Not all dealers are like that---thank goodness---but now and then, there seems to be one like that. Good luck !
  • I want to know about people's experience with lease swapping.

More specifically in Texas (taxes paid up front) and BMW (50k no maint cost should = no risk to the new leasee).

Thanks, jcg
    General Questions about Leasing Vehicles would be a good place to start. We also have discussions regarding leasing that are specific to make and model.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Im not completely sure how dealerships make momey from leases.
    I thought they would get paid cash for the whole car by the financial company
    and also get paid commission for the finding someone to finance the vehicle.
    I was thinking these leases would be the most profitable, but I dont know why
    dealerships are reluctant to discount a leased car.
  • I have a 6'2" teenager and am having trouble finding a new vehicle that he will fit in comfortably while sitting in the second row. I was looking for a wagon or small SUV (crossover) but anything with a sunroof seems to be too short. I want a better trim line and they all come with a mandatory sunroof, which cuts into the available height.

Any vehicle suggestions are welcomed.

For the record, I looked at Subaru Outback, Honda CRV, Toyota RAV4, BMW X3, Acura RDX.

Thanks.
    Try asking in the General Questions about Leasing Vehicles discussion.

The closest thing I can think of right now is the Best Vehicles for Taller/Larger Drivers discussion. Maybe it's time to let him drive .... :)

The Article Comments: Small AWD SUVs Comparison discussion and linked article may help.

This one may give you some leads too:

Forester Interior & Passenger Comfort Questions

• Hi, I'm hoping I get get a pointer in the right direction here. I'm 21 years old and looking to get my first real job. I'm currently unemployed, and where I'm living the only option for work is to commute. There are no bus routes, no nearby (within 20 miles) rental locations, etc. I have flawless credit, but very little of it, and of course I'm sure any bank is going to recoil at the fact that I'm currently unemployed, so I seem to have run across a catch 22: I need a car to get a job, but I need a job to get a car.

My question is, well, everything basically. Do I even have any options? What are my chances of getting a loan in this situation? Would it help at all to have a co-borrower with poor credit (perhaps with good income)? Would it help if I were set for an interview at a job or tentatively hired? Are there any particular cars I should aim for (Currently I'm looking at the Chevrolet Aveo for its price tag and used car dealerships, less money lent means less risk)? Any particular lenders? I understand there are non-profit organizations to help low income citizens with down payments on houses, are there any organizations that might help me out?

Any information at all is appreciated. I'm sure my situation can't be completely unique, but it seems rather difficult to escape without any reliable family members or connections to speak of. :confuse:
  • madmanmoomadmanmoo Posts: 2,039
    You have to have some means of income in order to get a loan. The bank isn't going to lend money to someone with no means of repaying it.

You need a cash car to start you out or buy a bike.

If you can find someone who will go on the loan as primary (someone who has income) and then you can sign secondary, you should be able to secure financing. That is about the only way I can figure you could get a loan.
  • However, your first comments are not true evidently for a house loan over the last 5-10 years or so. Seemingly there were many house loans made for which people had little or no means to repay. (See tongue-in-cheek!)
  • I would like to drain the radiator of my mazda.neo and cannot find a bung. Please help me as to how to go about this. Thanks
    There is a Mazda 323 discussion here, so try posting in there.

I'm not up on this model, but if yours is newer, I think the equivalent model in North America would be the Protege, in which case you should try posting in the Mazda Protege Maintenance and Repair discussion. A Mazda fan in either discussion should be able to steer you in the right direction.

• My wife are in a difficult financial situation (like most amercians) and we were thinking of purchasing a second car since the one I had is very beat up and literally falling apart. I just wanted to take the time to say, that we did a lot of research and we were still torn as to what to buy. Gas prices, the amount of passenger room (I have 4 children) and different kinds of variables. So after contacting more then 12 dealerships via internet we came to the conclusion that no one really wants to sell us a car. I'm one of those customers that just wants to know the payment. Yes I'm shopping around but after I give someone the parameters I just want the best payment. I told all of the dealers that credit is not a problem, and I wanted to put a total of 2k down, and lesser mileage is fine for a lease. Would you believe out of all the dealers I contacted 2 THAT'S RIGHT 2 were willing to give me what I was looking for. I'm a very reasonable customer I know a lot about the buisness, and I'm willing to listen via internet to what they want to say. Needless to say after I got the 2 dealers to give me what I wanted the vehicle I was looking at just didn't fit our budget. I'm still in the market and still not sure what I'm going to buy, but I thought it was interesting how much these dealers just ignored me, gave me the run around, etc. given that car sales are so bad. One dealer told me their having some of the best months ever and that I should come back when I know what I want!!!! Needless to say I won't be buying from them. Thanks for listening.

Steve
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,024
    I'm sorry you are having so many disappointing auto shopping experiences. If you like, you can post reviews about the dealerships here: http://www.edmunds.com/dealerships/drr/jump.html

You also might try these discussions in Smart Shopper for some advice.

Purchasing Strategies

Internet vs. Traditional Car Buying

Got a Quick Question for a Car Dealer?

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.