Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus LS 460 Lease Questions

Comments

• eclipse2eclipse2 Posts: 64
    The car is $75,544 MSRP They are selling it to me for $68,500 Car_man can you help me on where I should be on this? I'm in NJ the dealership is in PA Thanks
    also 12k miles a year 36 or 42 months thanks again!!
    Hey can anybody help me on this one!! I'm getting a price of $68,500 on a 2009 LS460 AWD with the Mark Levinson! The MSRP is $75,544 and he is telling me for 36 months 12k miles MF .00210 and the res. 44% or I can have 42 months 12k miles 39% I'm going in tomorrow and I want to make sure I get a good deal... Thanks
  • bmlexusbmlexus Posts: 755
    Hello, I can't answer your question, but just wanted to ask, how old are you, since everyone always talks about the LS460 an older persons car, just wanted to know.
  • richzrichz Posts: 125
    I can't help you much but try and find out if the money factor he is quoting you is marked up at all. I would guess it is fine since I recall it is usually around .00210 but always good to make sure. My initial hunch is that he is not discounting the car enough from MSRP. Once you confirm the money factor and figure out what other people are getting off MSRP then you can calculate your monthly payments yourself.
    Thanks for the tip!!
    I'm 45 I never heard that one before...Plus you are as old as you feel!! lol I have a Lexus IS-F too so I guess that is a young person car... :shades:
  • twan88twan88 Posts: 1
    its this great site called www.leaseguide.com its a great calculator just with the information you provided i calulated the payments for my state.
    No problem. Unfortunately I haven't found a good resource for determining what the money factor from lexus financial is and the residuals, etc. I have found good resources for BMW and Mercedes but never had luck for Lexus. Edmunds doesn't always have all the trunk money/incentives listed so Lexus may be offering some support to dealers but I don't know how to find out.
    I spoke with about 4 dealers and $68,500 from 75,544 was the best I could get! the next best was $69,255 when I told them I could get it for $68k they said buy that one thats a good price we can't do it. I was gonna buy it yesterday but I want to make sure I'm getting the best price plus MF .00210 for 12k miles 36mon 44% or 42mon 39%
  • alfealfe Posts: 4
    Are you aware that you can put down up to 9 times your lease payment in cash at signing and substantially reduce your monthly lease payment (you get all of the money back at the end of the lease)? I did that when leasing my 2008 LS460. The savings in my lease payment came to over 7% per year on the money I put down. ALFE
    What's the invoice price on the car? I wouldn't pay much, if any, over invoice in this market.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi eclipse2. Let's work up a sample lease payment on this car and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a base (aka 2WD SWB) 2009 Lexus LS 460 that has an MSRP of $75,544 and a selling price of $68,500 through Lexus Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $1,187 assuming that you qualify for its top aka Tier 1+ credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hey eclipse2. The money factor that you were quoted is too high. In your area right now, Lexus Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor for the '09 LS 460 is .00165 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. Make sure that the dealer that you are working with doesn't try to mark your car's factor up to add additional hidden, back-end profit to your deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks car_man I didn't buy it yet it didn't feel right! is that .00165 only for the 2wd? the one I was looking at had awd. and what do you think about $68,500 could I get more off or was that good? thanks again for all your help!!
  • furnman1furnman1 Posts: 1
    Looking for some feedback. Looks like Car_man is the man! Trying to lease a 2009 LS460 in Jacksonville FL, but dealership doesn't seem to giving out the best offer. Trying to get my monthly payment below $1100/month, but they seem to be in the mid-high $1300 range on a 36 or 39 month 15K/year $75K sticker 2009 LS 460. Should I shop in other cities, and/or wait until 2010s come out? Let me know.
  • alfealfe Posts: 4
    You won't get your payment down below $1100/month at 15K miles/yr. You will get it close to that if you put down around $10,000 security through Lexus Financial. You get it all back at the end of the lease. It works out to a pretty good return on the 10 grand. alfe
    No problem eclipse2. Yes, the .00165 money factor included AWD models. It has since been enhanced to .00105 in the Eastern United States and 00145 elsewhere for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks furnman1. Lexus' lease program on the LS 460 is actually pretty good right now. I believe that its money factor on this car is the lowest that it has been all year. You might be able to get a better money factor on it by waiting until Lexus' annual "December to Remember" sales event to lease one, but perhaps not. This car's residual values might have dropped so much by then that they would eat up any money factor enhancement. there's nothing wrong with leasing an LS 460 right now. If I had my heart set on getting one I probably would. I doubt that you are going to get a better deal on one by waiting until the 2010s arrive.

Car_man
    Host
  • kmbaerkmbaer Posts: 20
    Car_Man,

I have been trying to get residuals and money factors for '09 ES350. We are in the South Florida market. Any help will be appreciated.