Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volvo V70 Electrical/Lighting Issues

124»

Comments

• barb555barb555 Posts: 2
    I have a new-ish battery, about 1.5 years old; I have a brand new alternator but my car has trouble starting, but its also not consistently having trouble.
    One day it turns over then dies, battery light comes on, etc. After at least a few tries, and giving it a bit of gas, it starts! So confusing. Recently my mechanic cleaned my manifold intake and said it was dirty and probably will need a new one soon.

Has anyone had this happen? Is a new manifold intake really worth $700. ?
    I am located in the northeast, NY state..
    thank you
  • Purchased a 2004 V70 2.5T (118,000+ miles/production date 04/03) a couple weeks ago. Cleaned a bit on the interior of the car this morning while parked in my driveway... started the car after I finished to make sure I hadn't drained the battery with the interior lights being on... started perfectly. Went out about 2 hours later to make a grocery run... NOTHING. The keyless entry worked, dash lights illuminated, the radio came on... all windows functioned, etc. . I jumped the Volvo off of my mother's Honda Odyssey... STILL NOTHING. I disconnected the battery for about 20 minutes, cleaned the terminals... SAME... A WHOLE LOT OF NOTHING. This is my only vehicle. I live in a small town... NO VOLVO DEALERS within 50 miles. Can ya help me?!?!
124»