Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Mustang Owners - Meet the Members

Comments

• I'm a fairly new owner of a 1971 red Mustang Mach :blush: I, and I'm trying to find out how to document its original status. I believe I need to record the matching numbers to do this. Do you know which numbers I need and where they are located? Any help would be sooo appreciated. Thanks!
  • Good day and how are you,
    yes the numbers are located on the tranny tag located on a tag on the right side of the tranny if it's a 4 speed and on a nut n the bottom of the tranny pan. The intake, the block and what every the VIN ID's the paint and engine and the type of interior group and the type of air and fuel induction and the rear end gears.My car is a resto-mod so the numbrs for me a no big deal but for somene trying to show or restore then the numbers are a BIG deal. ensure you brake down your VIN.
  • mike189mike189 Posts: 23
    amazing ,another ford owner in the clouds, i myself was a mustang cobra owner ,andi have a pontiac gtp, a 2008 bmw z4,and a 2008 m5 ,so much for your statement ...............................oh and yea ,so much for mustang cobras
  • Hey everyone! im new to the forum but i wanted to ask you about a used mustang im interested in. Its an 03 mustang V6 engine. It is really clean and has about 71,000 miles for $7,700. I am hoping for it to be my first car and i want to know if its a good deal.And if these cars are reliable, Or should i look at other cars.
  • gzgtpgzgtp Posts: 83
    Yeah Mike, don't forget about the Ferrari and 2 Lamborghini's and the Rolls Royce... or did you sell those? I think your alarm clock is buzzing. :sick:
  • I must have missed something in translation, what in the heck are you talking about :confuse: do it again just for us mustang guys will you. Thanks
  • I',m with you sounds like alot of hoopla to me to but what the heck we all should have dreams along with a long wish list.
  • JostJost northeastPosts: 19
    Hello guys and gals,,,, I am new to this forum.. I've just bought a '08 GT Coupe, my first mustang, as the title says was a 1968 coupe in 1970. I've owned a lot of cars inbetween, never a Bimmer but I have had Audi's. I think that first poster is missing the whole point of these cars. This is a passion, its in the "blood". Sought of like a Harley Davidson, sure they leak oil,, and dont always start ( the Harley, not the 'Stang) but I true enthusiast won't by a Yamaha! These cars are reliable, fast, and foremost fun! I am glad to be back and hope to add to these forums.
  • I for one is very glad to have you back in the fold and if there is anything I can do for you just say the word. I got my stang in 1993, see my profile for some pics. FOR THE LOVE OF THEM
    Thank you for the welcome! I will tap your knowledge and hope to contribute as well. I've always been a enthusiast....and the desire for these cars has always been there. I suppose for the 38 year gap I always allowed "practical" to dictate.. NO MORE!
    I checked out your profile, the '69 looks like a great project...would love to hear more about it. Of course the grandkids are great also :)
  • I thought this was for Mustangs.Stop replying to someone helping the German economy,anyway back to this mustang forum. Does anyone know about a Paint recall on 2007 Shelby gt's.
    As far as recalls, have you checked MustangForums.com? I know there is a list of all TSB there. I checked them prior to buying my GT, wanting to make certain that there we're no significant problems. I hope it works out!
  • akirbyakirby Posts: 7,747
    That was almost 2 years ago.
  • The recall was two years ago or the Post was? Looked on Mustang forum and could not find.
    The post you replied to was almost 2 years old.
  • Thanks, The grands are at the top of my list of things to love above all else, the 1970 mustang is for the oldest one and I am looking for one for the youngest.
  • I think I have crome for the 67/68 mustang (window) if you are in need and I have many engine parts for big block a 1966 410 and small blocks 289 amd 302.
    Hey, family is always at the top of the list. I have to sharpen my eye, I thought it was a '69 in the picture. I did like the '70 better. Its great to preserve old cars, to many have gone the way of the crusher.
  • As we get older, we tend to see the value of family and the other things that make life worthy of living and being born in 1952 I eye sight has gotten very good in seeing these types of things and well as a good looking mustang.
    Very well said...Born in '54 myself.
  • euphoniumeuphonium Great Northwest, West of the Cascades.Posts: 3,345
    1966 Mustang GT (factory) Coupe
    Ivy Green Metallic.
    Ivy Gold Pony Interior.
    289 c.i. 4 bbl. V-8 engine, = 225 h.p.
    Pertronix Igniter (electronic ignition).
    Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers
    Cruise-O-Matic (Dual Range).
    Power steering . Disc brakes, front.
    Halogen lights, front and rear.
    Aviation lights in the grill.
    Black walnut steering wheel.
    AMFM Cassette radio, Alpine rear speakers .
    Locking glove box.

Owned since 4,900 miles and May ’67.

Restored Oct. ‘95 & driven 13,000 miles since.

Original & Total Miles, 135,000.

In the NW, it is a Trophy taker in Peoples Choice. First, Bellevue this year. ;) :)
  • Well there are us mustang lovers out here but not many of us can say our cars are in the condition yours is in and have had it as long as you. It looks very close to stock. I send you a high-five for the effort you have put into your very nice stang ;) . The best of the best. Now all you need do now is teach a younger girl or boy as long as we pass on the legacy. I have willed my 1970 fast back to my grandson, I have already gotten my son and daughter in up to there eye balls.
    Your car sounds great! As stated above I congratulate you on the work you've put into this great car!! Those early GT's we're simply the best ( in my opinion) and you clearly had foresite in keeping that car. So many of us ( self included) have lived with the mistake of selling our early Mustangs.. and of course other great cars.
  • djm2djm2 Posts: 705
    Hi All:

I am planning to go to the New York Auto Show to look at the 2011 V6 Mustang! If it is comfortable, I just might order one! ---- Any opinions???????

Best regards. ------------ Dwayne :shades: ;) :)
  • maryawmaryaw Posts: 22
    Hi Dwayne,
    I drive my late father's 2000 Mustang V-6. I don't know how the size of the 2011 engine compares, but the V-6 in mine is quite large and has plenty of spunk for the kind of driving I do. I drive a lot of two-lane state roads and interstates. A V-8 would just cost more in gas when a lot of the time I'm just cruising at highway speed. As for comfortable, I'm sure it will wrap you in comfort!!!

Enjoy the show! :)
    Mary
  • djm2djm2 Posts: 705
    Hi Mary:

The 2011 Mustang, that I am interested in has a 3.7 V6 305HP engine, and a six speed automatic transmission. ---- The vehicle comes with dual exhaust and the engine has double overhead camshafts, four valves per cylinder, an alloy block & heads, variable valve timing, a 5 quart oil capacity and a 6850 rpm redline! What is really "cool," is that this vehicle can get 30mpg on the highway! ---- In addition, I have a friend who owns a sign business, and he can make all the graphics of the GT 350 Shelby. The only thing that would give this vehicle away, would be the placement of the exhaust. The Shelby has the exhaust exit in the center of the vehicle. But most people would not "pick up" on this detail on the road. ---- It would be a "fun vehicle" to drive on the road. ---- I would like this vehicle in white with the blue Shelby graphics. ----- Now, if the "V6 dual exhaust system" has the Mustang's exhaust "deep rumble" out of the box, the picture would be complete! ---- I would purchase this vehicle with a 6 speed stick, but my wife cannot drive "stick!" --- I drove stick shift cars in the 60's, and this would be great, but you cannot have everything!

Best regards! ----------- Dwayne :shades: ;) :)
    That's exactly what I would buy - except it would be a convertible with a stick because it would not be a daily driver. Go for it!
  • jlcjlc Posts: 30
    Hey Ladies and Gents, I couldn't agree more with your choice of the 2011 V6. From the press and other car sites it sounds like a winner. I am looking to get the convertable seeing how the weather on the coast is made for it. The problem I have is picking a color. I like the candy apple with a tan top and maybe silver or off white graphics. Of course I have to sell it to the wife. Good luck with your pick Dwayne.

Joe
  • maryawmaryaw Posts: 22
    WOW - I like your choice of colors. I'd like a white/blue or a blue/white combo. My V-6 is a 3.8. The 2000 brochure states the V-6 only puts out 190 HP. I find that a little hard to believe. The exhaust tone is pretty good - I think it sounds HOT going down the road! Sorry your wife can't drive a stick. I drove a stick all my life (I am almost 54 yo) and preferred the control it gives, but middle age, arthritis, and accidents have caused me to go to an automatic. My husband has a 5 speed Ford ZX2, which I drive once in a while, but the old joints prefer automatic. At least it's still a Mustang, dude!!!
    Mary :) Oh yes, my Mustang is Performance Red - not a common color!
  • We gotta get FORD to offer a hard top convertible option along with the soft top. How do we get the message to them? I'd buy one immediately if they had it! HELP MOVE THIS ALONG!