Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Mustang Owners - Meet the Members

13»

Comments

• akirbyakirby Posts: 7,668
    Too heavy and too complicated and too expensive.
  • We're in the 21st century...bmw, volvo and even Chrysler figured it out. I got cash...don't care if I lose .5 seconds to 0-60
  • akirbyakirby Posts: 7,668
    Who said they couldn't figure it out? Have you priced out a BMW or Volvo hard top convertible? The Sebring hard top convertible is $8K more than the comparable sedan.

It's not a question of whether YOU would pay for it - it's a question of whether all mustang ragtop buyers would be willing to pay more for it and most would not, therefore it would not be a wise business investment for Ford.

It would fit nicely on a Lincoln coupe if they ever build one, but not on a mustang.
  • It's $5k more for hard top versus cloth in the sebring...water tight, more secure, year round crusing, quieter...etc...can't wait till Ford sees the light....like Audi, Volkwagen,etc. I'll write a check immediately.
  • jlcjlc Posts: 30
    FYI, I do remember back in late 50 or early 60ties Ford had a hard top. I belive it was the Sunliner. I think it's a matter of time before you see HT Stang. I too would buy it on the spot for the reasons mentioned. Didn't Mazda just do it with the Miata? It only added 65 lbs. I think.

Joe
  • bontonbonton Posts: 2
    Im new to this forem, but I do have a 1972 Mustang Coupe. It is very primitive and needing restored. I'd love any input on where to even begin.
  • papasam1papasam1 Posts: 84
    what type of restoring do you have in mine, I have just finished well close any way and it took about 14K and two years
  • JostJost northeastPosts: 19

maybe, just maybe those who want a Mustang Convertible do not want a hardtop convertible. There is something to be said about a convertible being just that. Part of the experience is that cloth top. The Mustang has the loyalty and following that it does by staying true to its roots, not by being something else. Also, this may be trivia to some but as I saw in a earlier post, Ford did figure out how to make a hardtop conv. It was in the mid 50's , was a nightmare to repair and didn't work all time but that's what happens when you are first.

13»