Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazdaspeed6 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• aviboy97aviboy97 Posts: 3,159
    Some things you have to remember when purchasing a warranty, especially the MS6. For one, it's a considered a class4 vehicle because of the turbo and AWD. Remember, these parts are more expensive to cover.

Comparing a MS6 warranty to a Toyota FWD warranty is like comparing apples to oranges. A more direct comparo in warranty's would be the Subaru Legacy GT and MS6.
  • Still, $2k for the MS6 warranty is highway robbery! IMHO.I would be surprised if the dealer cost is over $1k....

FYI: Most manufacturers allow you months (and even years) to purchase extra coverage. Furthermore, the manufacturer's warranty can be purchased from a slew of sources and again you can utilize the market forces to get the best deal. If you unbundle all of the vehicle purchase components (tradein, financing, warranty, etc) and shop them separately, the savings could be huge... of course it is more work!
    It all depends on the coverage and term and what service you are using. I use Easy Care, which is a Mazda warranty.

Dealer cost is around $1,000 or more depending on term and coverage. Believe me, they are not cheap.
  • ...I was the original poster...

The finance guy was pretty straight... he said most extended warrantys that he tries to sell were written and/or backed by the dealer. I'm not sure if that meant the dealer had his own warranty company or an arrangement with some third party.

For the MS6, the finance guy said the dealer won't touch it. The only EW he could sell me was straight from Mazda, and his cost was over 2K. He didn't think it was worth it either. I'm pretty sure he would have made me a deal if he could have, and the only flexibility he had was with the home grown warrantys, not the Mazda ones.

Not sure if that makes any sense... it was the end of a very long day and my memory might be a little cloudy.
  • Personally, I would only buy a manufacturer warranty because the fine print and the hassles of 3rd party stuff can be really troublesome. Interesting, many dealers prefer to sell 3rd party stuff because the profits are probably higher.

Stkntraffic: I think you missed my point, you can get a Mazda warranty from any dealership or an online outfit. In addition, you can probably still do it right now. As some have pointed out, you can also buy the warranty and then you typically have a few days to change your mind and get a full refund.
  • abraindrainer, I'm with you... I've found a few places online that sell the "official" Mazda warranty, I think it's called "MEPP".

I guess my original comment was just an observation that the dealer didn't have high hopes for the reliability of the MS6... but I figure, I'm at least covered for 4/50. If the car has a lot of issues, you reach a point of diminishing returns... even if you're covered by a warranty, the constant hassle of bringing it in for repairs wears thin.
    MEEP is a Mazda warranty, Mazda Extended Protection Plan.

Keep in mind, you can purchase an extended warranty as long as you are still under factory warranty, however, once you drive off the lot, you car is considered "used" and you may be subject to a price increase other then what you were offered at the dealer at the time of purchase.

I suggest you shop around, I am sure you can find a Mazda warranty at a decent price if you look hard enough.
  • I tried pricing these after a recent purchase and the savings were pretty significant compared to what the dealer offered me: 30%+. However, after some thought I decided to skip it entirely because I already sampled a couple of years of that vehicle's reliability!

Furthermore, if you buy a policy for $1k now or for $1.2k in 4 years that is about the same price if one discounts it back to present value. Many consumers forget that when you buy a warranty for new car you get almost no benefit until the regular warranty runs out! Is it wise to give interest free loans to major corporations?
  • Just did a look under total cost of ownership here on Edmunds and they predict $7K depreciation in the first year. To me this means an 06 on the lot isn't truly a deal unless they cut 7K off. The dealers around me have about 9 06 models on the lot and were offering 4.5K off sticker. Does anyone know any particulars on the liquidation of 06 models?
  • tomekktomekk Posts: 310
    There is $4,000 rebate (2.5K off and another 1.5K off if you finance through Mazda credit) until Jan 2nd, 2007.
    Tomek
  • I talked to a dealer today about a 2006 Mazda 6 s Automatic Sedan brand new car. Car is a 6 cylinder model. They are willing to sell for 18,300. I want to try and get the rear wing spoiler added to the car extra for free. Do you think I have room to negotiate iwth this offer. I was thinking about offering 17,500 and ask them to include the spoiler with that price. I think they want to get these 06's off the lot. What do you think? Thanks!

Also, does anyone know if there is much difference between the sedan model adding a rear wing spoiler VS the 2006 sport model. Does the sport model just have a different grill on the front or are the sides different of the car??? Just wondering. thanks
  • joe131joe131 Posts: 972
    Anyone know for sure what the current, as of 1/3/07 rebates and incentives are in Arizona for a 2006 and a 2007 Speed 6 ?
  • saabskisaabski Posts: 57
    Hello all,

I have a final offer of $17,500 (roughly $7,000 off the sticker) for a 2006 6s. This is a auto in silver with grey cloth interior, also with no options. Price is including destination, but no taxes and fees. It is including the $1,000 MAC Cash. I think I could push them for another $500-what are your thoughts?
    I think this is a forum for Mazdaspeed 6. The regular Mazda 6 is not the same.
    Maybe there is a regualar Mazda 6 sedan prices paid board where you could get info on it.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,475

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• waygrabowwaygrabow Posts: 210
    Visited my Mazda Dealer yesterday for a 5000 mile checkup & oil change (switched to synthetic oil). Previous visit they had 4-5 2006 MS6s on the lot; now they are all gone and only one 2007 MS6 is in stock. It appeared that the list price on that new MS6 had gone up- $31K+ with leather, sunroof, etc. I noticed that the listed EPA mileage on the MS6 is 19 city, 25 highway; 25 mpg is the worst mileage I have experienced in these 5000 miles. In fact, when I filled the tank yesterday it computed to 26.5 mpg. I've got a CEL issue; the car runs great but the dealership says that they need to order a part which helps regulate air flow to correct the CEL.
    IWJW WTH is CEL?
    TFYEC.
  • ericzoomericzoom Posts: 213
    CEL - Check engine light.
  • I just bought a new 2006 MS6 grand touring with moonroof, autodim/compass mirror, wheel locks, and cargo net for $25,900 out the door. That was $3750 cash back, $1000 mazda cash (if you finance through mazda), and $500 supplier discount. Total of $5250 in rebates. If you are looking for a new 06 buy now before they are all gone!
  • I'm looking in to buying an 07 GT with Nav and Moonroof. After one email to one of the local mazda dealerships they have quoted me (correct spec, right color) $30,363, which is invoice. I will probably be paying cash for the car. Do you think I'll be able to get much better than that?
    what was the price before adding tax and license plates?
  • Tax was something like $1750. I always talked out the door pricing so I would have to look at my paperwork. The price was around $24K before tax and transfers.
  • Invoice:
    2007 GT MS6 = +$27,608
    Nav = +$1,600
    Moonroof = +$560
    Factory Holdback = -$664.4
    3% Dealer profit = +$873.11

You should pay $29,976.71
    Plus Tax = $1834.30 (6% in MI)
    Plus destination change = $595
    Total = $32,406.01 (out the door)

So to answer the question you may be able to get some more off. The best way is to wait for cash back so it is taken off the principal even though you are taxed for it still. Buy a new 2006 if you can still find one. My dealer found a few in Ohio so it depends on the location and what options/color you want.
  • Thanks, I'll be sure to take that info with me. I'll be going for a test drive on Sunday.
  • Just picked it up Friday. Paid $24,800. If you are in the San Diego area, John Hine Mazda as 6 more.

So far I love it.
  • Hi guys I got my MS6 no moonroof and no navigation for 24650 Out the Door Price in the same dealership rbrubaker go it. (thanks for the hint rbrubaker)
    John Hine Mazda in san diego CA. The sales guy was Steve(italian guy tall), very nice sales man, and no beating up the bushes. NEgotiate over the phone and when you are happy with the price go there before end of FEB. I believe they have 2 left both are GT w moonroof and nav, but they both have black/white interior which i didnt like.
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,871
    Come in out of the winter cold and enjoy some time with your fellow Mazda enthusaists and CarSpace friends!

The Mazda Club Chat is on tonight. The chat room opens at 8:45PM ET Hope to see YOU there! Check out the schedule

Need help navigating? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• gotocalugotocalu Posts: 2
    Alright, Just bought in Cleveland on 2/28:
    -o6 MS6 GT, w/blAck&white leather, moonroof
    sticker:$31185
    -I got S plan price due to employer
    -Got $6250 in rebates-Put $2k down
    -$1500 for my trade
    -7% tax
    -------
    OUT THE DOOR AT $21,800
    How did I do?
    BTW, Classic Mazda still has a whitewater pearl (moonroof only) & Black cherry mica (nav,moon,sirius)
    no ms6 sports on the lot.
    Really happy thus far.
    How did you do? Not enough info to tell.
    A lot depends on whether you got a fair amount for your trade.
  • Very nice!!. GotoCalu. More money to your pockets.
    By the way guys Do not buy From Tustin Mazda in California. Sales Team is full of crap
This discussion has been closed.