Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazdaspeed6 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• aviboy97aviboy97 Posts: 3,159
    Funny comment considering YOU brought that point into the discussion.

No, my initial statement was "an alternative to the EVO/STi."...that's it! You went on to say how the MS6 does not compare, egging on my personal experience!! ;) LOL. You are forgetting I never said it was a faster car on the track. I only used my experience on the highway, I made no other claim!! I know the STi/EVO will "eat the MS6 for lunch on the track". I also sell Subaru's out of the largest Subaru dealer in the nation, although that alone does not mean I am an expert, however, I am well aware of what the STi's are capable of, as well as the EVO's.

Furthermore, if I were to install an FMIC or another turbo would your dealership still touch my vehicle with respect to warranty issues?

It is not up to my dealership, it is up to Mazda North American Operations. I am not a tech, nor am I a service consultant. Legally, unless the manufacturer can prove that a modified part caused a failure, the warranty must be honored. Magnuson Moss Warranty Act US Code-Title15, Chapter50, Sections 2301-2315.

I have looked far outside my area, have you?

Of course I have! But, why would I tell any potential buyers to? That's just silly. I am well aware of what dealers across the nation are doing, however, it has no relevance to me. I was asked by YOU to give my input as to what I am selling them for!! I'm doing just that! LOL

You may not like that I say that but it seem like a plausible explanation or the truth, does it not?

Hey, I'm not going to sit here and disagree with you, for, if I were a consumer, I would do the same. However, I am not. I am on the other end of the spectrum, and it is the American way to do what I do, after all, this is a capitalist society, correct? :shades:

Anywho, my interest here is not financial, but rather because I am an enthusiast. I am here to learn as well as educate.
  • Excellent, so we are basically in agreement! LOL too!

However, I am not sure that dealerships always follow the manufacturer or government "rules". I (and others) have been told numberous times that abuse (even when there was not any) has caused the problem and it would not be covered under warranty. Basically, the transactional effort of fighting for repairs is sometimes much greater than the cost of repairs and the firms know that and thus their practices reflect that bit of knowledge.

YES: MS6 has better HWY gearing and it also has a better power/torque curve. However, it is bigger/heavier which may hurt more on take-offs. I also think that MS6 is weaker on cornering (needs bigger feet) but it is almost there on the brakes.

I prefer MS6 because of the interior and lack or racer looks or sleeper appearance.
  • Hello all,

For those sales people in the NJ/NY/PA area, I was trying to figure out what the deal would be for a lease. I would be trading in my 2003 Taurus SE (realistically $4500-5000). Any thoughts on what a lease payment would be? I think the deals/incentives are pretty inticing and its between a used GTO purchase, Trailblazer SS lease, or a MS6 lease or purchase. Thanks and hopefully we can do business.
    Yeah, most manufacturers do not like to pay out, and try to place blame on the owner. Thats just the way it is. A smart owner would then do as much research as he/she can, possibly hire a lawyer if they think they have a really strong case.

Could not agree with you more about your assessment of the MS6. I happen to prefer it over the rally rockets. More comfortable ride, plenty of power, and good handling, and sleeper look.
    It is against Edmunds rules to engage in negotiations about a purchase with a dealer. However, you can receive advise.

Mazda will announce new programs tomorrow, the start of the new month. New lease programs, as well as interest rates, and possible change in rebates. I know that today, Nov 30th, is the last day for the Thanksgiving rebate of $500 on all 06 Mazdaspeed6's.
  • Oh, sorry.

I just see such a wide variety and if they are seriously doing 8k off MSRP, which means I can get into a MS6 GT for around 22-23k, thats a steal. But a used 400hp GTO is about the same price..decisions, decisions!
    The GTO does not have AWD, and really will just go fast in a straight line. The Mazdaspeed6 in a very well balanced vehicle with power, handling and fit and finish. Plus, a longer warranty, with Mazda having a better reputation for reliability.

It really depends what you are looking for.
  • What's news on the DEC incentives?
  • audia8qaudia8q Posts: 3,138
    We have a total of $3500 for Dec. There was a total of $4500 for Nov. We lost the $500 auto show rebate and $500 thanksgiving incentives.
  • You can get an extended warrantee from the same or other providers directly. The extended is not the same as the regular warrantee, and even the best of them have exceptions. The best 3rd party warrantee is financed from Toyota through an intermediary. It still has a few exceptions of note, like 'burned valves' and 'shock absorbers'. My dealer, Jim Ellis in Georgia, offered the Toyota warrantee for a little over 1K - a good value actually. I'm undecided whether to take it (unlike some add-ons, you can get it later). BTW, buying experience at JE was good, better than I expected actually.
    Short take: 2K is high, the Toyota warrantee is worth looking at, and you must read the actual coverage and exceptions for ANY extended warrantee.
    Some things you have to remember when purchasing a warranty, especially the MS6. For one, it's a considered a class4 vehicle because of the turbo and AWD. Remember, these parts are more expensive to cover.

Comparing a MS6 warranty to a Toyota FWD warranty is like comparing apples to oranges. A more direct comparo in warranty's would be the Subaru Legacy GT and MS6.
  • Still, $2k for the MS6 warranty is highway robbery! IMHO.I would be surprised if the dealer cost is over $1k....

FYI: Most manufacturers allow you months (and even years) to purchase extra coverage. Furthermore, the manufacturer's warranty can be purchased from a slew of sources and again you can utilize the market forces to get the best deal. If you unbundle all of the vehicle purchase components (tradein, financing, warranty, etc) and shop them separately, the savings could be huge... of course it is more work!
    It all depends on the coverage and term and what service you are using. I use Easy Care, which is a Mazda warranty.

Dealer cost is around $1,000 or more depending on term and coverage. Believe me, they are not cheap.
  • ...I was the original poster...

The finance guy was pretty straight... he said most extended warrantys that he tries to sell were written and/or backed by the dealer. I'm not sure if that meant the dealer had his own warranty company or an arrangement with some third party.

For the MS6, the finance guy said the dealer won't touch it. The only EW he could sell me was straight from Mazda, and his cost was over 2K. He didn't think it was worth it either. I'm pretty sure he would have made me a deal if he could have, and the only flexibility he had was with the home grown warrantys, not the Mazda ones.

Not sure if that makes any sense... it was the end of a very long day and my memory might be a little cloudy.
  • Personally, I would only buy a manufacturer warranty because the fine print and the hassles of 3rd party stuff can be really troublesome. Interesting, many dealers prefer to sell 3rd party stuff because the profits are probably higher.

Stkntraffic: I think you missed my point, you can get a Mazda warranty from any dealership or an online outfit. In addition, you can probably still do it right now. As some have pointed out, you can also buy the warranty and then you typically have a few days to change your mind and get a full refund.
  • abraindrainer, I'm with you... I've found a few places online that sell the "official" Mazda warranty, I think it's called "MEPP".

I guess my original comment was just an observation that the dealer didn't have high hopes for the reliability of the MS6... but I figure, I'm at least covered for 4/50. If the car has a lot of issues, you reach a point of diminishing returns... even if you're covered by a warranty, the constant hassle of bringing it in for repairs wears thin.
    MEEP is a Mazda warranty, Mazda Extended Protection Plan.

Keep in mind, you can purchase an extended warranty as long as you are still under factory warranty, however, once you drive off the lot, you car is considered "used" and you may be subject to a price increase other then what you were offered at the dealer at the time of purchase.

I suggest you shop around, I am sure you can find a Mazda warranty at a decent price if you look hard enough.
  • I tried pricing these after a recent purchase and the savings were pretty significant compared to what the dealer offered me: 30%+. However, after some thought I decided to skip it entirely because I already sampled a couple of years of that vehicle's reliability!

Furthermore, if you buy a policy for $1k now or for $1.2k in 4 years that is about the same price if one discounts it back to present value. Many consumers forget that when you buy a warranty for new car you get almost no benefit until the regular warranty runs out! Is it wise to give interest free loans to major corporations?
  • Just did a look under total cost of ownership here on Edmunds and they predict $7K depreciation in the first year. To me this means an 06 on the lot isn't truly a deal unless they cut 7K off. The dealers around me have about 9 06 models on the lot and were offering 4.5K off sticker. Does anyone know any particulars on the liquidation of 06 models?
  • tomekktomekk Posts: 310
    There is $4,000 rebate (2.5K off and another 1.5K off if you finance through Mazda credit) until Jan 2nd, 2007.
    Tomek
This discussion has been closed.