Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mitsubishi Outlander Prices Paid and Buying Experience

kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,211
Tell us about your shopping experience!!

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Comments

• rcpaxrcpax Posts: 580
    See here: http://media.mitsubishicars.com/detail?mid=MIT2006100939007&mime=ASC
    Look at the prices! :P

Outlander ES 2WD - SOHC 24 Valve V6 MIVEC (3.0L/6ST) $21,370.00 6-Speed Sportronic(R) / 2WD
    Outlander LS 2WD - SOHC 24 Valve V6 MIVEC (3.0L/6ST) $22,410.00 6-Speed Sportronic(R) / 2WD
    Outlander XLS 2WD - SOHC 24 Valve V6 MIVEC (3.0L/6ST) $23,650.00 6-Speed Sportronic(R) with Paddle Shifters / 2WD
    Outlander LS 4WD - SOHC 24 Valve V6 MIVEC (3.0L/6ST) $23,770.00 6-Speed Sportronic(R) / 4WD
    Outlander XLS 4WD - SOHC 24 Valve V6 MIVEC (3.0L/6ST) $25,010.00 6-Speed Sportronic(R) with Paddle Shifters / 4WD

Only 25,010 for the 4wd XLS!! Christmas came early this year. :D

And with ALL options added to the XLS 4WD, it's just $29,990! You can still opt-out on some items to get a lower price.

-rcpax
  • xcellxcell Posts: 14
    YES! It was worth waiting for! $$$$
  • Thanks for the info....I am glad I waited after looking at it at the New York auto show. I almost got a Rav, but thought I would wait to see what Mitsu come up. Now..Looks like it was worth the wait.
  • Well, on one hand I'm ecstatic that the pricing figures have finally been released... but, on the other hand I'm a little disappointed at the pricing, itself.

Not that it's bad, at all, and it's still more for the money than with the RAV4, but I had expected that a 4X4 Outlander XLS "fully-loaded" with all the options would be around $30K and that this figure would have been for all options INCLUDING the rear entertainment package, which turns out not even to be an option in the first place on the XLS models. It's not that I had needed or wanted it anyway, but I had figured that if a "fully loaded" model had cost $30K then that should have meant (at least to my eyes) that if one elected not to add the entertainment package it might have subtracted $1,000 or more off the $30K price... bringing it in line with the $27K-$28K that I was expecting. I also question the Luxury package adding $1,600 to the price. Does that seem about normal for heated leather seats and HID headlights? I honestly don't know, but I was truly shocked to see that those things could add so much to the price. $1,000 maybe, but I sure as heck wasn't expecting $1,600! Wow!

Now, perhaps I was being just a little too optimistic with the pricing, but at all available options except for the entertainment package and at a price of maybe $28,000 the Outlander's pricing would not only have been competitive, but would have blown the others completely out of the water.

Having said all this, I still think it's a great deal. And as several of us have already said, a similarly-equipped RAV4 would cost a little more and wouldn't even have a Nav system. So anyway, just felt the need to blab all of that out.

One question though... actually two. First, at the bottom of the pricing list there is something that says "25th Anniversary Edition Bonus" and has a 'negative' price of $1,380. What is that, a discount? Does it apply to all trim lines (not just the 2WD ES)?

Secondly, can anyone hazard a guess at what leasing a fully-loaded 4X4 XLS for 36 months might cost (roughly) per month? I can't even begin to take a guess at what the residual value would be, or what Mitsubishi's lease % rates are and I'm trying to decide whether it would be more cost-effective to lease or buy.

Wow this was a really long message!
  • Great! I stopped by one local Mitsu dealer this weekend and I was told DECEMBER 2006! What's the deal? Anyone heard different? I am in Houston, so I know we are a little behind but come on!

I wanted to test drive well before then! How does Mitsu expect to compete if they release a vehicle this late in the year?

BLOCKHEADS!!!
  • abangabang Posts: 44
    If they are available in December, perhaps you'll get a good deal by waiting to buy on Christmas Eve which will be really slow at the dealership. :D
    Following Edmunds advice, I went through the internet manager at a local dealership in Portland, Oregon, Ray Reece Mitsubishi. Arrived at my appointed time. Was given the remote to the car (the XLS is keyless after all) and told to bring the car back in 30 minutes. No pressure, no annoying salesman riding along. After the test drive, I was shown the invoice and the sale price. All handled by one person, not the usual bunch of clowns who all take turns trying to shake you down.

I got a quote of $24,202 for the 4WD XLS base. That's $200 over invoice. Now if only Mitsubishi was offering a good deal on loans, I'd buy this in a hurry.
  • dodo2dodo2 Posts: 496
    Does $24,202 include delivery ($625)? If it does, this is the exact invoice price published by Edmunds.
  • I just built the Outlander online and found out that the 25th anniversary discount ($1380 off) is ONLY available on the 2WD base ES model...Pretty disappointing as I had calculated that discount into the expected price.
  • Mitsubishi is offereing good deals on loands,
    %3.9 - 48 months
    %4.9 - 60 months
    Yes, delivery is included in the quote.
    Regarding the good deal on loans, do those interest rates apply to the '07 Outlander? If so, I'm buying one.
  • I bought the xls outlander today with the navi, sun & sound & luxury packages. I have been reading this forum and researching all of the compact SUVs and for me, this was the best choice because I wanted a nav system,leather, heated seats as well as a car with more than 200 hp. I looked at and/or test drove the Rav 4, Honda Element & CRV, Mazda CX7, Suzuki Grand Vitara and XL7. The RAV 4's back seat was uncomfortable because unless the head rests were up, they hit in my back and no nav. The CRV and Element were underpowered (element - no nav or heated leather seats). The Mazda has everything I wanted but I felt claustrophobic inside it and I don't want to use premium gas. The Grand Vitara was nice but had no nav and not quite enough hp for me; however, it has a wonderful turn radius. The XL7 is very nice and the 3rd row seats are the best ones I've seen. It rides very smooth. But for me, it was too long (197"). I've been driving an Astro van for the last 11 years so for me the Outlander is a real step up into the 21st century with all of it's new technology. I love all of the cup holders and the stereo is awesome. The only thing I haven't been able to figure out where is the aux ipod jack. I thought I found the input jack at the bottom of the navi screen but haven't been able to get it to work. The dealership also was clueless about this feature. And I still have to learn how to record cds into the hard drive and am learning more about the bluetooth phone system. Good luck to all of you who are still looking. :)
    And since were in the "Prices Paid" thread, I hope you don't mind telling us how much you paid for the car, as I am getting exactly the same trim. :)..and what color is it?
  • snagssnags Posts: 27
    Went to see the Outlander at a local dealer in Turnersville ,NJ and they had an XLS slightly over 30K ,however there was an additional sticker with a market rate Adjustment of $1,500.00 bringing it to over 32K.

Of course I wouldnt buy one with that on it similarly I wouldnt buy one with dealers extras I dont need or want.

Does anyone know what this adjustment is about ? Is it a gimmick?
    First time I heard of it. I don't remember reading anything about "market rate adjustments". Might be a tactic to start you haggle at a higher price, and eventually end up at something close to MSRP anyway. I would suggest you go look at other dealerships.
    The market adjustment is just a rip off. Those crooks jack up the price and then attempt to convince you that you're getting a good deal when they offer to sell it to you at factory sticker price. Don't fall for it.

I just got my loan approved for a Mitsubishi XLS with the 3.9% financing for 48 months. I'm getting the car at invoice from Ray Reece Mitsubishi in Portland, Oregon. I'm just waiting for a deep blue color to show up, so far none are available for $500 miles.

Please read the articles on how to shop for a new car here at the Edmunds web site. I followed it. When you deal with an internet sales person at a dealership, the buying process is mostly easier.
  • I got the aqua color and paid $27,808. With sales tax, prep fee & license, total was $30,403. Financed for 5 years at 4.9%. The greatest for me is that my daughter's boyfriend works for a mitsubishi dealer and made my car buying experience virtually painless. All I had to do was tell him what I wanted and come in, test drive, and sign. By the way, the aux jack is at the bottom of the console in the back. Hooked up a cable to my ipod and now I'm a happy camper. :)
  • The sticker on the window had the car listed for $29,255 and there was a dealer's mark up of $1995, so they were asking $31,545 total prior to tax, license, etc.
    You wouldn't happen to have bought it from a south holland IL dealer, did you? I just saw that very same color with the exact same trim and options. And almost the same offer :D
  • No, I live in Southern California
  • May I ask what is the difference between MSRP ( including destination fee) and price you pay before TAX and Document fee? And since I am in S Cal too, can you provide the dealer's name? Thanks
  • xcellxcell Posts: 14
    I got the aqua color and paid $27,808. With sales tax, prep fee & license, total was $30,403. Financed for 5 years at 4.9%. The greatest for me is that my daughter's boyfriend works for a mitsubishi dealer and made my car buying experience virtually painless. All I had to do was tell him what I wanted and come in, test drive, and sign. By the way, the aux jack is at the bottom of the console in the back. Hooked up a cable to my ipod and now I'm a happy camper

Fab...

Was this Outlander a 4Wheel Drive at $30,403.00 OTD?

Congrats on your new purchase!
  • It's a 2wheel drive.
    When the Mitsubishi salesman quoted me the monthly payment on the Outlander with the special financing, I checked his figures against my calculations using a financial calculator and his quote for the monthly payment is a few dollars higher than what I calculate. Is this another way of padding his profit or is there some "special" method of calculating car payments?

Granted a few dollars may not appear a big deal but multiplied over the length of a 5 year loan adds up to a few hundred bucks.
    It looks like you are getting ripped off. Redo the calculations, step by step, with the salesman. I know they are using this trick to get more money of you. They hope that you wouldn't care to pay 2-3 bucks more, but yes, they add up to couple of hundreds over the term of your loan.
  • piastpiast Posts: 269
    You answered your own question right. I thought they stopped playing this game in the 80'. Never, ever pay for any adjustments, protection pkg, dealer adds on etc. This is just extra cash on top what they are making on each sale. Talk invoice and be ready to walk away.
  • piastpiast Posts: 269
    Another dealer trick. Ask them and negotiate price of the car, leave payments for finance department where you close your papers. Read them twice before you sign. Take somebody with you, who is not emotionally involved in a purchase.
  • Also dealers love to ask you "how much do you want to pay a month?" When I was at the Mitsubishi dealer, that's how the salesmen approach the talks about pricing. The main thing you want to know is, how much will I pay for the car when I pay off the loan and/or how much are they selling the car to you at the present time. Your monthly payments will depend on down payment, interest rate, trade-in, etc. Dealers love to say how much do you want to pay a month, then they'll add their extras in there, but yet still get you at amount you wanted to pay a month. Unless the manufacturer has a special financing promotion, get your loan on your own, where you don't have to worry about the dealer making up some extra cash in the loan. Great advice Piast, about bringing someone else with you, who's not tied emotionally to the purchase, to double check everything. Good luck!
    What is your first impression about the new Outlander?