Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mitsubishi Outlander Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• rmj1rmj1 Posts: 9
    dodo2 can you tell me what the invoice price was for your LS?
    I am just getting my facts together so that I can go and whittle a deal here in B.C. I am hoping to buy an LS with the convenience package. The msrp is $29,530 CDN or so.
    I hate dealing with car dealers, it will be good to be well armed when I do go in.
    I have never owned a new vehicle before so I am pretty pumped. :) :)
  • yebayeba Posts: 3
    I am in the same boat, I have been waiting for 3 months. Is the demand really that high the Mitsu cant keep up?
  • dodo2dodo2 Posts: 496
    Invoice Retail
    Outlander LS 2WD 23618 25498
    Outlander LS 4WD 24964 26998
    Convenience Pkg 1100 1250
    Sun & Sound 1716 1950

Outlander XLS 30350 32998
    Navigation & Ent 3520 4000

Destination Charge 1345 1345
  • jflorjflor Posts: 20
    Probably so. Sales have gone up for Mitsubishi, 19.6% for January to April, 2007. Canadian sales for April 2007 is 91.1% compared to the same period in 2006 due to strong demand for the new Outlander. Things are really looking bright for the company.

http://www.autonorth.ca/home/2007/5/2/canadian-auto-market-up-9-in-april.html
  • rmj1rmj1 Posts: 9
    This is another thing that has been worrying me about buying an Outlander, is that the company won't be around for a really long time. I intend to keep the car till it rusts into the ground. I have looked at the others al well but I like the Outlander the most. Sounds like they are doing much better.
  • jflorjflor Posts: 20
    By buying the Outlander, you will help the company stay in business and will definitely help us current Mitsubishi vehicle owners by getting warranty repairs if needed. But this has not happened in our case. Our 2003 Outlander has exceeded our expectations by being worry-free throughout the time since we bought it. The same is true for our 2004 Galant. It has been years since they have predicted that this car company would cease operations here but slowly and surely Mitsubishi has disappointed the doomsayers. So if you really like the new Outlander, you might as well buy it. From what i have been reading in this forums, most owners have been enjoying their rides!
  • doggie1doggie1 Posts: 1
    Btw for the Destination Charge 1345 1345 is that include PDI? coz i saw other brand (mazda, toyota, nissan) the pdi goes with freght and is around 1300~1400, but when i try to buy outlander from dealer they charge 1345 freght + 395 PDI and some dealer even chare 595 on top of the freght. Does this extra on pdi are rip off from dealer or it is supose to charge separely?
  • toomanyfumestoomanyfumes S.E. Wisconsin Posts: 904
    Looking at a LS 4wd with the Sun and Sound pkg. in pearl white. 25,200 plus tax and license. They are also offering a generous trade for our old van. We are trying to decide now between the Mitsu or a Ford Edge.
    The PDI is the dealer rip off. It's easy to take it off, at least I did it no problem. Indeed, other brands charge Freight+PDI, but it's usually slightly higher and I would say less negotiable (Santa Fe - $1,595, RAV4-$1,390, CRV-$1,505) .
  • chelentanochelentano Posts: 634
    I imagine you gonna get beige lether interior over blck. What attracts you in Edge?
    Truthfully my wife likes the Edge better. Exterior styling, (Looks much better in person than in pictures) and the interior feels roomier and more open. I'm leaning toward the Outlander. For less money it has AWD, 650 watt stereo, better stying (to me) and more features than the SE Edge we looked at. Plus the dealer can find a Pearl White wih the sun and sound. Has the sunroof and color she wants. Gonna talk to the dealer again today. Still trying to squeeze a little more out of the trade.
  • spaceman210spaceman210 Posts: 50
    Anaheim Mitsubishi tries to tack on about $800-3500 extra profit. What a joke. No wonder there are always a ton on the lot and none on the road here.
    Signed the papers this morning. Pick it up Tuesday. They gave us an Endeavor to drive untill it arrives.( It's actually at another dealer 150 miles away.) Can't wait!
    You forgot to mention: much better warranty, free roadside assistance for 5 y., made entirely in Japan! And yes, AWD would add more safety.

Congrats!
  • biscuit_xlsbiscuit_xls Posts: 194
    In OC you can search craigslist for "2007 Outlander" and you will usually find great internet pricing from South Coast Mitsubishi. $27999 for an XLS 4WD, sun & sound, Nav, leather. You have to bring the ad into the dealer to get that price.
    I've seen a few posts here about them being marked up or hard to find. Looking around at the dealers here (Milwaukee area), they seem to be plentiful and could find us whatever we wanted. They had a long row of them sitting on the lot, also. There's no way i'd pay ADM or list,even. Too much competition out there.
  • qqt414qqt414 Posts: 6
    Hey everyone i am a first time buyer of an automobile. I have helped friends and family buy cars, but this is the first time i am buying one for myself. I am looking to get a fully loaded XLS 4wd outlander minus the rear seat entertainment probably in black or graphite grey.
    Now i read the entire thread on people's buying experience and saw that people were getting 500 under invoice and heck a few got it for 26,990 for a fully loaded XLS. That's 1500 under invoice!!How did u guys do it?
    i know you send for quotes with all the nearby dealership, but do u start negotiating from their quotes or do you plop down a price (say 27,000) and tell them to start from there. How do u get them in a bidding war? do u need like on paper proof of an other dealers price to get the dealership ur at to budge? Does it really count to wait to the end of the month to get a deal? What prices did dealerships initialy throw at you and what prices did u start to negotiate for?

Any help would be great guys as i was looking to spend 27,500 for a full loaded xls before taxes and stuff.
  • biscuit_xlsbiscuit_xls Posts: 194
    Search your local craigslist, my local dealer has offers for $500 under invoice if you print the post and bring it in.
    Make sure 27,000 it's a price people paid without discount, cose sometimes "customer loyalty" discount, or "1st year college student" discount also applied for some people. But I'd say $27,500 is a realistic price.

Call and tell them, that a person you know (in another town) paid $27,000 and ask, if they can sell you for this price. If necessary, let them know that you are aware of dealer incentives as a reason people buy Outlander below invoice. If you feel the dealer is flexible in price, negotiate to the acceptable price. If not, call another dealer. But even if you offered say 27.5K, before you go to dealership, call all other dealers and ask, if they can do better.

Pls let us know, the results
  • rcpaxrcpax Posts: 580
    Now i read the entire thread on people's buying experience and saw that people were getting 500 under invoice and heck a few got it for 26,990 for a fully loaded XLS. That's 1500 under invoice!!How did u guys do it?

Pricing is market dependent. And also Mitsu sales in your area. So I guess you should really settle for a price your happy with. AFAIK, the XLS fully loaded is still a hot item, and in my area I had a difficult time getting the color I want .But I was able to get it for a few hundred buck above invoice, and that was like 2 weeks after the Outlander was released.
    that's right, price is market dependant, and depends how flexible you are on colors. On the other hand, when Outlander was just released, they did not have dealer insentives yet, so at that time price above invoice would make sence. Also now, when 2008 Outlander expected to be released, demand on 2007 model should drop a little, helping a buyer to get better pricing.
  • Outlander XLS 30350 32998
    Destination Charge 1345 1345

dodo2, I'm guessing this is the Cdn invoice price you are listing for the Outlander XLS, where can I find a Invoice Price for Cdn market? Will the dealer give you deals close to invoice price in Canada?

Been shopping around, best price I got so far in the Qc market is 33000, with 3 yr maintenance included & some free accessories.
    You are correct: the prices are Canadian. You could subscribe to CarCosctCanada.com for a fee (not sure how much it is today). Not worth IMO as the prices posted here are accurate to pennies. Be aware that Mitsu added the $250 PDI on top of the $1,345 freight.
    When I purchased mine back in March, I paid $500 over the CarCostCanada price. However, I also paid $300 admin fee which is pure dealer profit, therefore in my books I paid $800 over the invoice. I did not pay the $250 PDI (the dealers were asking $300/$350 for PDI at the time) and I did not pay the labor for the accessories installation (fog lights and Bluetooth interface). Normally, they would have charged at least $100+tax each.
    I would think that now it's even easier to get a better deal, especially if you buy in the last day of the month.
    How many Mitus dealers do you have in your area? In Toronto there are about 6, plus few more within 100km radius so there is an opportunity to get a good deal with one of them.
  • rflynn1rflynn1 Posts: 8
    I just bought an XLS 4WD with Sun & Sound, Luxury, NAV and Entertainment packages. I got it under invoice, 2.9% financing and got what I wanted on my trade-in. I love the vehicle so far, even though it's not perfect. Keep in mind that I've never had NAV and entertainment packages in my prior vehicles, so I'm blown away by finally having them. There is a problem with the FM radio (see other post), the engine fan that kicks on when the A/C is on is very loud, the rotors are rusting after a few days of owning it (I know it's not a safety concern, but it looks terrible since the rims expose the rotors so much), the doors don't automatically lock when starting vehicle or putting it in drive, the rear entertainment is not connected to the front controls (at least not in the US...and yes I know there is a wireless remote, but it's not the same), the picture on the rear entertainment is horrible (it's good on the front NAV system). I'm being nitpicky here, but just want future owners to know. I've only had the vehicle for a few days, so hopefully that is the extent of the problems. I also heard a strange clicking noise coming from the engine the night I bought it, but haven't heard it since and hope it was just a normal sound from a new engine. This is the first new vehicle I've owned.

Overall I am happy with the Outlander and feel I had a great buying experience. I recommend reading everything about buying a car on Edmunds.com and dealing with the Internet Team at dealerships before visiting them. Also, try to find consumer reviews of the dealerships. If you find negative reviews, don't do business with them. If you don't find any review on a dealership, then they're probably safe to deal with.
  • qqt414qqt414 Posts: 6
    hey guys i finally took the plunge today and got what i think is a great deal on my outlander. Its a black Outlander XLS 4wd with sun and sound, luxury pack, and navigation. After bartering with dealer after dealer giving them the lowest price and letting them work with that number, i finally got an offer for 27,999 or basically 28,000 and financed it for 48 months at 1.9%. I told my salesman Berne that hey i like the price so get the paperwork started and ill be in tomorrow at 5 pm to finish it up. I got there and they had sold the black one i wanted the night before, and they tried to sell me a graphite one for the same price. i wanted black and after walking out toward my car, Berne went to the manager to see what he could do. He said he could get it from their sister dealer 15 min from there, but it would be 28,300. I was firm with 28,000 and after to hostile negotiation got down to 28,100 with the sales manager. After this it was simply the fastest car buying process i have ever been through. From the moment i got to the dealership to when i drove off was 2 and half hours. This included test driving, paper work, financing, and vacuming/washing/gassing up at the end! This forum helped so much to show me how much others paid and how to negotiate.
    i have to say WAIT UNTIL THE END OF THE MONTH!!! This weekend was july 4th madness plus it is 6/30/07 or the last day of the month. While shooting the breeze with my sales guy Berne, an ex-marine, while my car was being washed we had a long honest talk about the car salesman profession. he had told me that they brought the price down to 27,999 because the dealership was only 1-2 cars away from the bonus and that he worked real hard with me over the phone to get the price because the sale i brought him gave him his monthly bonus. I don't know if what he told me is true, but i felt good about the price i paid and that i helped the poor working stiff. For anyone in Northern California, i ended up doing business with Capitol Mitsubishi. They also own Stevens creek and serramonte Mitsubishi (they all share the same inventory). Concord and East Bay Mitsu got down to 28,300 but no lower. Veracom got down to 28,500. Finally months of research and late night dreams can come to an end. I will report in on how my Outlander holds up, but i drove around searching for the wind noise problem, the steering knock problem, and the radio cut-out problem and i dont have any of that.Maybe i just got a good one we'll see. Cheers!!
    Congratulations! I'm sure you'll love your new car. I've had no steering knock, the wind noise is there but it's not too bad. I haven't listened to the regular stations much to see if the radio cuts out.... usually listen to sattelite.
  • xcellxcell Posts: 14
    Great Job and Patience getting that price on your Outlander. You will love this SUV.

I paid $28,300.00 for the same package here in Central California. I already have 16K miles on mine and I am still loving it....

Welcome to the Outlander family.
  • sky23213sky23213 Posts: 296
    I would appreciate any feedback regarding purchasing Outlander the Minneapolis/St.Paul area. There are a few dealers and I'd like to get a feel of how they deal with buyers.
    Thank You
    I see Mitsubishi is offering a $1000 dollar rebate or 2.9% financing on Outlanders. If only I'd waited a month :(