Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mitsubishi Outlander Prices Paid

Comments

• dodo2dodo2 Member Posts: 496
    Nice picture. This is one spacious COMPACT SUV. :)
  • spyderonespyderone Member Posts: 54
    I have a question regarding your interior. I like the beige interior better than the black, but your interior looks different than those that I have seen. The black interior I have seen is totally black with some lighter shades of gray and the beige interior is two tone with black and beige, but the seats are all beige. Your vehicle is two two (balck and beige) but your seats are black. How do you get this combination?
  • rcpaxrcpax Member Posts: 580
    Photo shown is of a pre-production model, so it might not really be available in the market in that configuration
  • spyderonespyderone Member Posts: 54
    Thanks,

I thought it was yours. Have you found any other features that you didn't know about by readig the owners manual?
    I did. One time, I was trailing a tractor trailer, and some weird smell started coming in from the outside air through the A/C, so I tried to close the vent and recirculate the air, but I can't. The recirculate button just won't light up. I look it up in the manual, and it turns out, in an auto climate A/C system, you can't recirculate the air if the blower is set to defog the windshield (which was the blower setting at that time). Which actually made sense since recirculating the air will create more fog. This is another "smart" function of the car. May not be true for manual A/C.

Most of the other advanced features of the vehicle can be adjusted through the navi screen, if so equipped.

Another thing I'd like to mention is the luxury package. I thought I never needed it (Leather seats, powered and heated and HID lamps) but after having it for just a week, I really loved it, and I think it was a worthy option to include. The HID lights offers better illumination, a plus feature I found very useful during the last storm that hit the IL/IN area

The Outlander interior insulates well. The leather seats that I thought would be very cold after being parked overnight in a roofed garage (no walls) was actually not that cold. It was cold but tolerable, and when the air heater kicks in, the seat heating can be optional. This is in comparison to my GF's 03 CR-V, parked in the same garage, where the bottled water left in the car turned into ice.
    Not that I want to spoil your discovery, but this is how it works in my Mazda3 with manual A/C. Even more, in Mazda, the A/C compressor starts too. You may notice the same in the Outlander so don't be surprised.
    Did you happen to look at the LS when you were shopping? Did you notice if it has the utility bars in the cargo area? The original feature list posted by Mitsubishi on their web site had these standard on XLS only. However, I noticed that the LS tested on the cars.com had them.
    Yep, first car with auto A/C. What we used to have is the manual A/C, so the recirculate function works even with defog on.

About the utility bars, here's a screenshot I found for an LS. Nope, I don't think they have it. The vehicles for early review were mostly product samples, so you'll find weird combos on them. The one featured on Yahoo autos had the tonneau cover you mentioned, so that intrigued me. Went back to the dealer yesterday to get a new temporary vehicle permit, so I got to peek into one of the XLS there, no cargo cover either.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    Thanks. I hope they have them as an accessory, even though I did not see them listed.
  • blackb13blackb13 Member Posts: 35
    Yep, for $310.
    $310 is for the cargo cover, but what about utility bars? I haven't seem them listed as an option on LS.
  • ken4nyken4ny Member Posts: 40
    You can buy the cargo cover on ebay for $113.95.
    Thanks for the tip.
  • pippin518pippin518 Member Posts: 12
    Just picked up my fully loaded XLS in graphite gray today. I tried to get something to work with any of the dealers in Chicagoland with no luck, so I went to O'Brien Auto Team in Normal, IL. The came in under invoice and I worked everything out over email ...the most painless process ever after I got there. I would recommend that if you don't mind taking a little road trip to Peoria, Bloomington or Urbana...go check them out.

Bluetooth phone system works great, the navi is easy to work and very accurate. Went around tonight to look at Christmas lights and punched in a list of ten addresses ....works perfectly. I agree on the wind noise...it was more than the 04 CRV that I traded from, but that stereo system makes up for it and that will be up most of the time anyway, so I'm not worried about that.

Will report back later with some mileage estimates for the wonderful suburban traffic around here.
    Congrats, that's a good buy. The one I bought was actually from O'Brien Urbana, which was dealerswapped by South Holland. I might have gotten a better deal if I did a commute, but at that time there was just a shortage of fully loaded XLS, in any color.

Please note if you also got that front end cluck on turning, especially if you've parked the vehicle overnight. So just we can document it. The "clunk" in my Outlander seemed to have lessen, it just might be because it's new and still in break-in. The dealer told me to just observe if it persists. Maybe it's just something that wears over time when the vehicle is past the break in period.
  • madisonminimadisonmini Member Posts: 11
    I'm in Madison, WI. Chicago not far away. I want XLS AWD with everything, and my local dealer told me the Nav and rear DVD won't be arriving here until Feb. Are these hard to find now? Anyone with advice about how I can find one quickly?
    The ones available for the meantime are those with Navi, Luxury, and Sun and Sound packages. I haven't seen a factory installed Rear DVD in an XLS yet. Yep the XLS with Navi is somewhat a hard to find. I suggest you do a search for Mitsu dealers in a far greater radius, maybe 300 miles, and give them all a call. Or if they have a website, you can search their new inventories, but only a handful maintains a current inventory so it is best to call.
    No front end 'clunk' here that I can tell so far. It already had 300 miles on it when I picked it up though and I'm already over 500 now with coming back with it.
    Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I've been searching all the online inventory essentially in the country and haven't seen one car any lot yet. What a drag. The 3.9% interest rate deal is up at the end of the month, wonder if I can lock in now to buy a car at a later date. I checked all the Illinois dealers online and so far nothing.
    Am I paying too much for the XLS AWD that I ordered 2 weeks ago? Mine with Navi, Luxury and Sun & Sound packages also. The estimate delivery day is early to mid January. I'm in NY and going to pay for the Outie in full. It'll cost me $28,595 before tax. Some people in the forum pay less than invoice. Maybe I should cancel the deal, shop around some more and save few hundred here and there. What do you think?
    If you cancel your deal, I doubt you'll find a similar spec, color or similar offering anytime soon. Invoice price is OK (IMO). I paid 28,800 for mine, and I don't feel ripped off at all. The dealership I bought it from is 15mi from our apartment. Had the car of exact spec (except color) that I wanted. Turns out, I really liked the black color now instead of gray which was my 1st preference. IMO, it isn't worth cancelling the deal for 100$ less and start the haggling again at some dealer 50-100mi away, granting you'll find another dealer who would offer it to you at 28,495, because the car of that spec is a bit difficult to find and are in limited numbers. You might actually end up with one that isn't your choice of color. So stick with the deal, I think it's a steal to have it at that price.
    Thank you, it was just a thought. I'm pretty happy with the deal I got. Originally, I want it before the holiday. I went to 2 closer dealers (one 6 miles and the other was 7 miles away) but both want sticker price. The current one is 28 miles away and the only draw back was I have to wait for the shipment. Rcpax, thank you again, you gave a lot of good info and advices.
    you're welcome. it is our little community of outlander owners here at edmunds. I'm always happy to help whenever i can :)
  • blackb13blackb13 Member Posts: 35
    I also think that you got a great deal. Heck, I payed $29100 for mine. The XLS AWD is almost impossible to get now with a 12week back order.
    From what I'm hearing...I would definitely not cancel anything if you've got exactly what you want on the way. They are pretty scarce right now fully loaded all over. The dealer I got mine from said a woman called right after me looking for the exact same car and he couldn't find another one. As for the price, I wouldn't feel ripped ...I know the dealer used part of an incentive they were getting and they put it through as a $1000 VIP purchaser rebate. And they made up some of that on my trade-in too I'm sure.

But yeah...don't cancel if you really want that car.
    From what I'm reading here it looks like the Outlander sells well. At least the dealers sell all what they can get their hands on. I wonder if the lower trims sell as well as the fully loaded XLS.
    I think the majority of initial wave of Outlanders delivered were LS. This is basing on what I still see at the dealer's lot that are not yet sold. Most of them LS and ES. Mitsu's initial forecast for EU is the same. They see the big bulk of sales will go to the LS (Warrior) 60%, then XLS (Elegance)for about 30%, and the rest is ES (Equippe).Because this SUV is affordable, most buyers in the US(or at least the members here at Edmund's)are going for the fully loaded ones. Maybe next year Mitsu will start changing their initial forecast, and a greater number of fully loaded XLS will be at the lot, and I've heard we'll start to see a factory installed RSE next year, and the Red and Warm Sand colors will be added in the lineup.
    I second that, a lot of LS and ES here in NY as well. My first 2 dealers try to sell me the LS for less than invoice. I only wont the loaded XLS. An also, the salesman said that entertainment package is not available for the XLS.
  • mr2spydermr2spyder Member Posts: 7
    From the Mitsubishi site, the build & price indicate that there are Navigation Package and Accessary Navigation Package. Other than the price, what are the differences between the two packages?
    The first Navigation Package is a factory option. So the car comes out of the factory with the Navi. The accessory Navi on the other hand,is a Navi system that can be fitted on vehicles that originally didn't have a Navi, and it's a dealer installed option. All 07 Outlanders from ES to XLS can be fitted with a Navi system as the SUV is already pre-wired. It will replace the radio head unit.
  • skinnypeteskinnypete Member Posts: 8
    I just bought an LS with Sun and Sound and Accessory Entertainment package. The salesman quoted me $1900 to custom install the nav system, so I jumped at it (knowing it is $2800 according to the web site). I made them write it down on the purchase agreement, and I paid for it on my credit card on the spot and got a receipt. It was supposed to be installed today, and I was picking it up tomorrow. BUT, they just called me saying "the nav unit is back ordered, and it actually cost us more than we thought. The msrp is actually $2800, so you saved $900. If you want to pick up the car tomorrow, we can install it sometime next week or when it comes in." So, now I'm nervous. Hopefully, they're not trying to get some sort of refurbished item or something. My question is - WHAT should I expect to receive for my money? I'm afraid they're going to skip to recoup some cost. Do I get the steering wheel controls in addition to the head unit itself? Does anything change with my Entertainment Package? Can anyone just give me a quick idea of what I should expect to receive upon installation? I called Mitsubishi, but they don't seem to know - they are calling me back after researching.
  • abangabang Member Posts: 44
    I assume you're getting a factory unit and not some portable GPS such as a Garmin or Magelland marked up to $1900. :D
  • skinnypeteskinnypete Member Posts: 8
    Haha, yes I understand that. That is what my messaged seemed to imply. I guess I'm nervous because I signed papers 4 days ago, and they are telling me they don't have the title or the navigation system and no one seems to be able to tell me when I will be picking up my new car because of this. I was curious if some shenanigans were going on is all. Sorry to go off topic. I'll post the buying price when the deal is done.
  • ginobili_fanginobili_fan Member Posts: 9
    Just got a new XLS Outlander in Omaha this week. 4WD with the sun and sound, luxuary, and entertainment package. Paid $29600. Thought this was fair considering it was the only one I was able to find within over 300 miles from here. Am very pleased with it so far.
    Congrats on your new purchase. :) Next step... upload some pics of your new ride. :)
    To Ginobili_fan: how did you get such a good price?? Any tips? I'm heading to Chicago later this week, apparently they have the XLS with similar features (i.e. everything) to yours...lists seems about $32,000
    Note that Ginobili_fan did not mention the NAVI. The MSRP for his/her vehicle is $30,295.
    Actually mine does have the NAVI...I thought I put that in there but I guess I forgot it! It was listed 31700 sticker and I was able to get them down to 29600. This was all done over the phone, a very hassle-free process. Probably could have done a little better but it was the only fully-loaded XLS I could find anywhere, so there wasn't much room to negotiate! I will take pictures later today and try and get them on here.

So far I have no problems with the car, except for the cheap plastic on the sun-visors. Anyone else notice this?
    Ginobili_fan got Navi with the Rear Entertainment Package too? I thought it's not available for XLS with Navi. I want to see. I've got to go back to the dealer. I want that in mine too.
    The XLS 4WD with Luxury, Navi, Sun&Sound and Entertainment package (including destination charge of $625)has an MSRP of $32,095. The invoice price for this package is $29,745 (source Edmunds). Therefore, Ginobli_fan paid $145 over invoice, which is a pretty good deal indeed.
    I have to find out. The dealer told me that the Entertainment package is not available fot the XLS with Navigator. Even the Mitsubishi booklet said so. I wonder if it's a dealer installed option for him.
    The impression here on this forum was that the RES is a dealer installed option on both LS and XLS trims. If you look on the Mitsu web site, under Build&Price you will notice options that are PACKAGES and others that are ACCESSORIES. The accessories seem to be dealer installed.
    I'll talk to dealer when I pick up my car and see if they have RES available.
  • imdy_manimdy_man Member Posts: 1
    Picked up my XLS 4WD with the Luxury and Sun&Sound packages for 28K out-the-door (26.3K + taxes and tags) in Indy on 23 Dec. Great ride so far - averaging about 24 mpg on mixed driving of 150 miles - 650W Rockford Fosgate sound system is excellent - will upload pics to the other forum. I wanted the entertainment pkg too but was told its not available on XLS (as does the Mitsu literature). Oh well, will have to make do with a $200 9-inch laptop DVD player ;-). More updates to come ! :)
    December figures are out.

Exports to North America rose to 5,964 units, 229.6 percent of the November 2005 total due to continued healthy orders of the new "Outlander" model in the U.S. market.
    No, no...sorry to confuse everyone. When I wrote my first post I put entertainment package when I meant to put Navigation package. The 4WD XLS I got came with Sun and Sound, Luxury, and Navigation package only. Your correct in that you can't get a factory installed Entertainment package in the XLS yet. Sorry to confuse everyone, I think I was still excited from the new car and didn't read what I wrote!

I'll post pictures in the other thread once I bring it to the car wash..we've had some snow around here lately so it is pretty dirty already!
    Thank you for the update. It'll stop me to make a trip to my dealer 28 miles away.
  • pauld37pauld37 Member Posts: 14
    I posted a similar description of Cherry Hill about 3 weeks ago. I was negotiating with them for a new XLS, tan interior with 4wd. They promised the world through email and tried to deliver an XLS with 2wd and 2500 miles as a new product. They were off on their quoted price by $3,000. I ended up walking after 45 minutes.
  • rjxgrjxg Member Posts: 5
    After Driving my 2007 XLS with Navi, Sun & Sound, and Luxury Packages for a week and a half, I am very impressed with the car. It rides great except for the front wheel issue that others have mentioned. My local dealer (which is not the dealer I bought the car from) is very helpful in fixing that issue- which they said will be done when the parts come in. The Navi system is amazing and having the built in blue tooth is a great feature. This car has a lot of great features for the price. It has lots of in dash storage and other compartments. I would recommend this car so far.

I previously owned a 2003 Outlander and this is a vast improvement.

One major word of caution, if you are buying in New Jersey a word of caution on Cherry Hill Triplex Mitsubishi. I went to them because they were the only ones that had a fully loaded XLS the way I wanted it. My experience was horrible . If you check out BBB.org and search them you will see the proof. They ask you to sign an arbitration agreement when you buy a car- don't sign it- I will end up spending more than I can recover to pursue them but to me it is worth it. They told me that to qualify for Mitsubishi's 4.9 % financing you need to get the GAP insurance. Explain that when my credit score is 760. watch out for CHERRY HILL TRIPLEX MITSUBISHI!! They stated things one way verbally and then wrote it up differently.
  • rjxgrjxg Member Posts: 5
    They have you sign an arbitration agreement and a form saying written contracts override any promises the salesmen made (Which I nor anyone else should ever sign)-refuse to sign it if a dealer ever asks you to.

I gave the sales manager a chance to make good and he chose to be rude and continue his rants. Honesty is the best policy, some find out the hard way. Anyone else who had a bad experience with these guys I would be interested in hearing your story.
  • dave82dave82 Member Posts: 43
    Orders don't equal sales. Mitsubishi manufactured 8500 cars here and imported 6000 from Japan in November, but sales are only running about 9000 per month. Last year Mitsubishi was touting the 200% increase in Eclipse sales for several months when the new model came out, but how long did that trend last?
    It doesn't help Mitsubishi if the increase in Outlander sales is being matched by a corresponding decrease in Endeavor sales.