Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mitsubishi Outlander Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• cbk2000cbk2000 Posts: 8
    Bought from Ken Garff Southtowne in Sandy, UT. Base XLS, no packages or acessories. Final price was $23,860. Wanted to get them down to 23.5, but they wouldn't budge more. Tried to get them to throw in a cargo mat at the last minute, but they wouldn't do that, either. The payments fit into our budget, and I didn't want to drive to the farther dealerships to see if they would go lower.
  • rdawgrdawg Posts: 15
    Does anyone know if the $1,000 rebate applies to leasing or only if you buy an Outlander?
  • elgatolocoelgatoloco Posts: 92
    I purchased a new Outlander SE 4WD on June 4th from Mike Miller Mitsubishi here in Illinois.

No trade-in and I paid $23,633 OTD. I did get them to throw in the Bluetooth system (I think it was about a $350.00 option).

Tried to get them to spring for the four mudguards but no dice. I paid $114.00 for them and the dealership installed them for free.
  • evoandyevoandy Posts: 1
    A lot of times the manufacturer subsidizes the interest and/or money factor in lieu of rebates. Dealers can only keep a rebate if you sign it over to them.
  • kev_dxkev_dx Posts: 2
    Bought an '08 Outlander SE in Massachusetts on June 30th for $23,754 OTD (not including my trade or down payment). They gave me a much better deal on my trade than another dealer I talked to. This brought the final price down further.
  • nybrokernybroker Posts: 18
    I took a leftover 2007 LS with sun and sound pkg. and bluetooth for 20,700 plus tax and tags no other fees. Car was brand new 10 miles on it delivered.

The reason i took an 07 was because they dont offer the LS model with sun and sound pkg in 2008. The sunroof was a must for me and the Rockford Fosgate system is amazing.

What do you guys think of this deal.
  • Today, I also negotiated an ' 08 SE in Massachusetts for $23,765 with sunroof. I also got a better deal on my trade than any other dealer, I was so impressed with the no nonsense salespeople I was working with. Even the receptionist was awesome. I highly recommend Michard in Danvers. I don't mind the 56 mile drive to close the deal on Monday. I made out with a better vehicle, better trade, better interest rate and overall saved more than 2K. This took three phone calls of less than 15 minutes each.

I would be happy to tell you how I got totally ripped off on my 05 I bought last year :cry: . But I don't want to jinx this sale, I want this car out of my garage and this bad deal in the past as soon as possible. I loved the car, but the dealership was shady. Thank goodness for the Internet.....and Edmunds.
  • dbell1dbell1 Posts: 40
    PA Dealer - Dark Graphite, cloth interior, 2wd, Fog Lights. MSRP $20900. Dealer price $18,900. Good deal? My wonderful Subaru Outback was totalled on Monday in a 4 car pileup. :cry: Looking for something higher and BF loves his Outlander. I like it too. 4 cyl worries me, not sure what the acceleration will be like when I have to get out of the way of the next accident.

Advice? Thanks!
  • If I see the prices you pay in the US I get depressed.
    In Holland we are taxed twice on every car you buy, to give you all an idea. I had te pay $ 55,500 for my Outlander 2.4 AWD SE. I did receive a discount of $ 4,500

So please don't complain about prices
    :cry:
    If that post was directed at me, I'm not complaining. :confuse: Any feedback from people stateside?
  • piastpiast Posts: 269
    What is the invoice price for this trim? Most of us paid 500-2000 below invoice, for various trims. I think you should hit few more dealers and see how low they will go. Regardless, it is great value and great CUV. As far as engine choice, I don't think there is a lot better fuel economy with 4 cyl, vs. V6. I'm getting 21-23 MPG in suburbian driving, and up to 26 MPG highway. You may get 2 MPG more with lesser engine
    There is no complains with 6 cyl power, towing capacity or 6 speed auto transmission.
    It is up to you if it is worth extra. By the way, I paid 22.5K for V6 XLS AWD with protection and appearance pkg. (MSRP over 26K). Good luck.
  • planplan Posts: 3
    $1000 below invoice is the OTD price or before tax and fees? I'm looking at a 08' 4WD SE. The invoice price from edmunds is $23971.00. The price I got from dealer is $23774.00 out-of-door before the $1000.00 rebate. Is it a fare price? I'm in Maryland.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,822
    A reporter with a large national newspaper would like to speak with consumers who purchased a crossover vehicle in the past couple of months. If you are a new crossover vehicle owner, please respond to ctalati@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information no later than Thursday, August 21st.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• New England Area

Took a first look at the '08 SE Outlander, 4WD, 4cly, w/nav. Bottom price not including destination, doc fee's or taxes was $25,900. Additional, doc fee's are $300 including inspection sticker & 6 oil changes. Anybody deal a better price?

I've also been interested in the CR-V EX-L w/nav. I'm sorry I looked at the Outlander, now I am not so sure on the Honda.

Thanks,
    Consumer Reports loves the Outlander. I never heard of them before the BF bought one. He's thrilled with his. It's fun to drive, handles very well and we took it camping (bought the add on hitch package). Gas mileage is good too. I think the 900 cupholders are a bit extreme ;) but overall it's a nice choice.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,643
    900 = 37.5 cases...

sounds about right.. :)

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Picking up the '08 Outlander next week. Found the color & price point I was looking for.

Glad this hassel is over with.
  • D'Ambrosio Mitsubishi-Suzuki
    Exton, PA
    Delivery date: 8/19/08

'08 ES black with convenience package and protection package plus sunroof and DVD player installed by the dealer before we saw the car -- these were not important features to us but now that we have them we like them. The protection package was not factory-installed but rather installed by the dealer at my request. This was the last '08 ES they had.

Traded '98 Dodge Grand Caravan SE with 117K miles, which had been purchased new from D'Ambrosio's Dodge store on the same site.

MSRP $25,790 including $2595 for the sunroof and DVD. We paid $22,140 or $22 over invoice excluding the sunroof and DVD. They originally offered $1500 for our trade but upped it to $2600. That's what ultimately swayed us. We put $2750 down and financed $18,146, 60 mos.x $325 @ 2.9% (Mitsubishi incentive) including title, tax, and tags.

On the car they started $1150 higher than their eventual selling price. They tried the typical tactic of negotiating based on the monthly payment. When all was said and done we felt like we got the sunroof and DVD for free.

In the excitement we forgot to bring our checkbook. They were nice enough to let us put the down payment on our credit card.
  • comem47comem47 Posts: 390
    Congrats on your new car!!! As to them being "nice" to allow you to to pay by credit card: Of course they would!! (It's cash to them and you could buy the whole vehicle on a credit card if your credit line allowed it). Last few vehicles I bought I've done the same for a down payment. Remember, you are the buyer and should be in control (they should bend over backwards to make the sale and if they implied they were doing you a favor by "allowing" a credit card I would have laughed in their face)
  • I was in control, and I agree with your points.

Didn't the dealer incur 1-2% in card merchant fees on the down payment? No I don't feel sorry for them. The sales manager had to approve the payment by credit card, but I never felt like there was any question they would allow it.