Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mitsubishi Outlander Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Wondering what people are paying (under/over invoice) for new XLS in CT or MA. There are still quite a few 08's around.
  • stopped in to my local Mitsu dealer today on a whim and started to browse around the lot. A family friend had worked at that dealer for a few years and I also wanted to stop in and say "hi". I've been researching an 08 Outlander 4 cyl. AWD as my next vehicle.

They had about a dozen of them on the lot in various trims. The family friend was not there but the salesman on duty informed me that all of the 08 4 cyl. AWD's in ES Trim were now priced at $18,001 plus tax. I live in the Western Maryland area near Hagerstown. I made small talk about the how sales had been and he stated that he has only moved 5 units this month and the dealer is really cutting prices to try to move the vehicles on the lot.

I put this question to the Mitsubishi experts: Is $18,001 plus tax a good price for an 08 4 cyl. AWD ES? Thanks to all....
  • 71alfa71alfa Posts: 19
    I put this question to the Mitsubishi experts: Is $18,001 plus tax a good price for an 08 4 cyl. AWD ES? Thanks to all....

I don't consider myself an "expert" on price but having leased two Mitsubishi SUV's, an '05 Endeavor, and now an "09 Outlander, XLS AWD my opinion on your price of $18K sounds about right. (About 1K off the going price.) If you plan on keeping it for a good while since it is a year old model. Does the ES have any optional equipment?

Whatever your decision, I think you'll enjoy the drive. Good luck!
  • So for these 08 ES models that the salesman said are priced at $18001 plus tax, if I look at the Edmunds pricing:

Invoice 20,344
    Dest chg 695
    Rebate -2,000

Sell 19,039

(so you'd be about $1000 under invoice.) Dealer holdback would be $407. That seems like a good deal, and if that's their starting point, then maybe you can do better.

If I am off in any of those numbers I hope somebody will point it out.
  • I pointed out in a previous post-es out the door,tax included- 18000 minus 500 from Sam's club = 17500 .
  • Hey guys,

I have literally looking at vehicles for awhile (at least 6 months) and I think I am going to pull the trigger on an LS (I want the 4WD option if I want it, and I want the bigger engine without the XLS price tag).

I am going to Arizona this weekend, is it better to buy in Arizona than California? I am new to the USA (I am from Canada) so I really don't know anything about the 2 states concerning car dealerships.

What would be a good price for the 2008 LS 3.0L 4WD right now?

Thanks!
  • judienjudien Posts: 12
    Hi Guys,

I'm looking for compact SUV/CUV currently. 2009 Outlander is one of my options. Did anyone here have the pricing, dealership experience in Chicago area? Any information is appreciate.

Thanks!
  • piastpiast Posts: 269
    Hi judien,
    I bought mine (09/07) at Grand Mitsu, after a month of wrestling with other dealers. I paid 22.5 for XLS (4WD,V6) with appearance and protection packages and booklet of free oil changes. That was around $2000 under invoice + 1.9% financing. And that was in 2007, with strong automotive market. I would do it again, this is the best SUV in it's class hands down. I just love how it handles snow (4WD, ASC, Traction, ABS, etc.), and it's flex cargo. You won't be disappointed. Good luck.
    Thanks Piast for your information. Actually, I'm currently comparing the RAV4, CX-7 and Outlander. But I love Outlander more because of the reviews, price and longer the factory warranty. Grand Mitsu quoted me ES 4X4 w/ standard equipment as $19700 plus TTL. Do you think it is a good offer? I totally have no idea about this price. Thanks.
  • piastpiast Posts: 269
    I think we compared those vehicles last year on this forum. You can check pages and pages of very passionate discussions. CX7 and Santa Fe were my other choices, and I 'm very happy with my decision. I never care fore RAV4 (overpriced, spare tire on the door, cheap interior, very good drivetrain on the other hand). CX7 lost because of it's turbo 4 engine (bad choice for SUV), premium fuel and not so good reliability.
    As far as price, I think you can do better. Invoice for this trim (2009) is $21470 with destination. Just go there and offer them 19K, and see what will happen. They may say no at first, but...
  • i just bought my 2007 outlander LS (no additional option) for an out door price
    of $16100. i don't know if this is a fair price. but the dealer was so desperate.
    i made the deal. but i regret i should have cut more.....

i am in SoCal
  • What is the mileage of your LS and it is a 2WD or 4WD...

The price should be from 14000 with less than 30K miles to 18000 with less than 2K miles, and also depending on the condition of the car too!

$16100 is OK if it is less than 20K miles and with the tax and fees, the selling price is less than 15000 already.
  • I don't want to sound negative because of the holiday season but ...... I don't understand why people buy a vehicle without checking the numbers first and then come here asking if they got a good deal . Did you check Edmunds or any of the other books before hand ???
  • thanks for reply.

the 2007 Outlander LS 2WD i bought was new. i mean the milege is just 42 miles.

it was leftover from 2007 models.

$16100 is out door price, including everthing like tax, fees, etc.
    stopped in a dealership yesterday. After two hours wrestling, the dealer offered me $22,800 (OTD) for black 2009 ES 4WD w/ convenience package. Not very satisfied with this price. Somebody can give a suggestion about the price?
    As you well konwn, Outlander is NOT very popular in the market. So, it's very hard to get enough pricing infromation before making any deal. There is very few post tlking about the pricing if you check this forum and this thread.
  • I think $16100 is a very good price due to the fact that it is has the V6 and the selling price is probably less than $15000 plus fees and taxes!

Would you give me a more detailed breakdown on the pricing like before taxes and fees! What's the MSRP on the window sticker??? Which car dealer you bought it from! I live in the Atlanta area and only Rick Case and Don Jackson are around here and they don't have much choices on the Outlander and I still don't see any 2009 around here for no reason? I hope I can get a 2008 LS leftover for around $19000 Out Door Price! Since the fees and taxes are around $1500 here so the selling price will be less than $17500! I want at least it has alloy wheels, privacy class and bluetooth! But look like the choice is not much unless I go with the ES, the SE or the XLS; I prefer the V6 and 16" tires which is cheaper to maintain than I4 CVT and 18" tires!
  • I believe you can get it for around $20000 plus the fees and taxes whatever it is according to your state's rate is... that means about $3000 off of the MSRP or get $5000 off of the MSRP on the 2008 leftover models; probably $7000 off on the 2007 leftover models if there is any around! Just a rough prediction and it maybe different if you takes their 0% financing then add $2000 back to it!
  • Hello,

I went to a Mitsu dealer in southern Jersey and the dealer looked at me like I was crazy to expect to get a 2008 Outlander under invoice. Invoice for the vehicle with accessories was about 24K. I was looking to get it at 23K out the door. Is that so unreasonable?

Any insights would be great.

Thanks!
  • I bought my 08 XLS from a dealer here in CT in the middle of December. The best I could do was $800 under invoice. I took the 0% financing for 5 years in lieu of the rebate. It's by far the best deal I've ever gotten on a new car, but reading all these posts about two or three thousand dollars under invoice made me feel like I didn't do that well. Where I live the choice of dealers is quite limited, and the nearby dealer (that I liked) just wouldn't go any lower, so I took the deal. I'm really happy with the vehicle and look forward to keeping it for awhile.