Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mitsubishi Outlander Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• abangabang Posts: 44
    I assume you're getting a factory unit and not some portable GPS such as a Garmin or Magelland marked up to $1900. :D
  • Haha, yes I understand that. That is what my messaged seemed to imply. I guess I'm nervous because I signed papers 4 days ago, and they are telling me they don't have the title or the navigation system and no one seems to be able to tell me when I will be picking up my new car because of this. I was curious if some shenanigans were going on is all. Sorry to go off topic. I'll post the buying price when the deal is done.
  • Just got a new XLS Outlander in Omaha this week. 4WD with the sun and sound, luxuary, and entertainment package. Paid $29600. Thought this was fair considering it was the only one I was able to find within over 300 miles from here. Am very pleased with it so far.
  • rcpaxrcpax Posts: 580
    Congrats on your new purchase. :) Next step... upload some pics of your new ride. :)
  • To Ginobili_fan: how did you get such a good price?? Any tips? I'm heading to Chicago later this week, apparently they have the XLS with similar features (i.e. everything) to yours...lists seems about $32,000
  • dodo2dodo2 Posts: 496
    Note that Ginobili_fan did not mention the NAVI. The MSRP for his/her vehicle is $30,295.
  • Actually mine does have the NAVI...I thought I put that in there but I guess I forgot it! It was listed 31700 sticker and I was able to get them down to 29600. This was all done over the phone, a very hassle-free process. Probably could have done a little better but it was the only fully-loaded XLS I could find anywhere, so there wasn't much room to negotiate! I will take pictures later today and try and get them on here.

So far I have no problems with the car, except for the cheap plastic on the sun-visors. Anyone else notice this?
  • ken4nyken4ny Posts: 40
    Ginobili_fan got Navi with the Rear Entertainment Package too? I thought it's not available for XLS with Navi. I want to see. I've got to go back to the dealer. I want that in mine too.
    The XLS 4WD with Luxury, Navi, Sun&Sound and Entertainment package (including destination charge of $625)has an MSRP of $32,095. The invoice price for this package is $29,745 (source Edmunds). Therefore, Ginobli_fan paid $145 over invoice, which is a pretty good deal indeed.
    I have to find out. The dealer told me that the Entertainment package is not available fot the XLS with Navigator. Even the Mitsubishi booklet said so. I wonder if it's a dealer installed option for him.
    The impression here on this forum was that the RES is a dealer installed option on both LS and XLS trims. If you look on the Mitsu web site, under Build&Price you will notice options that are PACKAGES and others that are ACCESSORIES. The accessories seem to be dealer installed.
    I'll talk to dealer when I pick up my car and see if they have RES available.
  • Picked up my XLS 4WD with the Luxury and Sun&Sound packages for 28K out-the-door (26.3K + taxes and tags) in Indy on 23 Dec. Great ride so far - averaging about 24 mpg on mixed driving of 150 miles - 650W Rockford Fosgate sound system is excellent - will upload pics to the other forum. I wanted the entertainment pkg too but was told its not available on XLS (as does the Mitsu literature). Oh well, will have to make do with a $200 9-inch laptop DVD player ;-). More updates to come ! :)
    December figures are out.

Exports to North America rose to 5,964 units, 229.6 percent of the November 2005 total due to continued healthy orders of the new "Outlander" model in the U.S. market.
  • No, no...sorry to confuse everyone. When I wrote my first post I put entertainment package when I meant to put Navigation package. The 4WD XLS I got came with Sun and Sound, Luxury, and Navigation package only. Your correct in that you can't get a factory installed Entertainment package in the XLS yet. Sorry to confuse everyone, I think I was still excited from the new car and didn't read what I wrote!

I'll post pictures in the other thread once I bring it to the car wash..we've had some snow around here lately so it is pretty dirty already!
    Thank you for the update. It'll stop me to make a trip to my dealer 28 miles away.
  • I posted a similar description of Cherry Hill about 3 weeks ago. I was negotiating with them for a new XLS, tan interior with 4wd. They promised the world through email and tried to deliver an XLS with 2wd and 2500 miles as a new product. They were off on their quoted price by $3,000. I ended up walking after 45 minutes.
  • rjxgrjxg Posts: 5
    After Driving my 2007 XLS with Navi, Sun & Sound, and Luxury Packages for a week and a half, I am very impressed with the car. It rides great except for the front wheel issue that others have mentioned. My local dealer (which is not the dealer I bought the car from) is very helpful in fixing that issue- which they said will be done when the parts come in. The Navi system is amazing and having the built in blue tooth is a great feature. This car has a lot of great features for the price. It has lots of in dash storage and other compartments. I would recommend this car so far.

I previously owned a 2003 Outlander and this is a vast improvement.

One major word of caution, if you are buying in New Jersey a word of caution on Cherry Hill Triplex Mitsubishi. I went to them because they were the only ones that had a fully loaded XLS the way I wanted it. My experience was horrible . If you check out BBB.org and search them you will see the proof. They ask you to sign an arbitration agreement when you buy a car- don't sign it- I will end up spending more than I can recover to pursue them but to me it is worth it. They told me that to qualify for Mitsubishi's 4.9 % financing you need to get the GAP insurance. Explain that when my credit score is 760. watch out for CHERRY HILL TRIPLEX MITSUBISHI!! They stated things one way verbally and then wrote it up differently.
  • rjxgrjxg Posts: 5
    They have you sign an arbitration agreement and a form saying written contracts override any promises the salesmen made (Which I nor anyone else should ever sign)-refuse to sign it if a dealer ever asks you to.

I gave the sales manager a chance to make good and he chose to be rude and continue his rants. Honesty is the best policy, some find out the hard way. Anyone else who had a bad experience with these guys I would be interested in hearing your story.
  • dave82dave82 Posts: 43
    Orders don't equal sales. Mitsubishi manufactured 8500 cars here and imported 6000 from Japan in November, but sales are only running about 9000 per month. Last year Mitsubishi was touting the 200% increase in Eclipse sales for several months when the new model came out, but how long did that trend last?
    It doesn't help Mitsubishi if the increase in Outlander sales is being matched by a corresponding decrease in Endeavor sales.
  • Anaheim CA dealer markup is about $2300 for the aqua color Outlander. What a joke. :mad:
    Orders don't equal sales

Oh they don't? what happened to the ordered vehicles then? rot in the dealers lot? What's the point in ordering so many vehicles if you can't sell it? I don't think Mitsu is that dumb not to figure that one out.

Mitsubishi manufactured 8500 cars here and imported 6000 from Japan in November, but sales are only running about 9000 per month

So what's your point?

It doesn't help Mitsubishi if the increase in Outlander sales is being matched by a corresponding decrease in Endeavor sales.

But if overall sales figures are high because of the Outlander, that wouldn't matter.
    Is that markup over MSRP? :surprise: Some dealers are too greedy!! :mad:
    I had some bad experience with my first 2 dealers also. The first one was Hempstead Mitsubishi in NY which located 6 miles away from my home. They had the loaded AWD XLS in stock. When I sat down with the manager. He said that it's a very hot car so there's no deal. If I want it, I have to pay full MSRP. I got up and left. As when I was walking out of the door, he came and said that maybe we can work something out. I kept walking without turning back. With that kind of sale practice, I didn't think I can get a good deal at all. :mad:
    My 2nd dealer was Five Town Mitsubishi which is 7 miles away. When I called them, they didn't have the loaded AWD XLS in stock. I told them the option packages and the color that I want and call me when they got one. The dealer call me 2 weeks later and said they have one in stock now. So I went there after work. It was loaded alright but not the color that I wanted. I wanted a silver one but it was in aqua. It was on Friday, 8 p. m. and at the end of November. The manager offered me $28,800 which is $560 less than invoice. But the catch was that I have to buy the car and take it home that night. It wasn't the color that my wife and I agreed on. I told them that I had to go home and talk to my wife about the color first. I went back to the dealer few days later with my wife. She didn't like the color but would be OK if I really want it since I will be the one driving the car. She's driving a 2006 Toyota Sienna minivan I'm driving a 1993 Accord. The Outlander is for me :shades: I told the salesman that I'll take the car. A new manager came over when I sat down. He said that the previous manager was fired. He won't give me the same deal. He wanted a full MSRP and so I left.
    I called my third dealer La Sorsa Mitsubishi in Bronx, NY which is 28 miles away. I asked them if they have loaded XLS in stock and they said yes. When I got there, they had few loaded 2WD XLS, not AWD. The salesman said that he can sale me a AWD XLS for $28,950 with the color that I want. Which is about $35 over invoice. But, I have to put a $500 down so that he can reserve the car from the next shipment coming in January. Of cause the $500 will be deducted from the total price. He will not try to get the car from other dealers because if he does that, other dealers might want a cut also. So I pay the $500 and still waiting for the delivery. :sick:
    The good thing is I heard some known miner problems with some cars of first shipment. Like, front end knocks, door rattle sound and wind noise. I hope these problems might be fixed with the second shipment. ;) The bad thing was I missed a good deal with my second dealer when I didn't make the decision right away.
  • dave82dave82 Posts: 43
    But if overall sales figures are high because of the Outlander, that wouldn't matter.

Do the math. Mitsubishi sales are down another 6% this year, and close to 70% the past three years. Citing company press releases that always paint rosy pictures doesn't change the bottom line.
    It is still a good deal. Don't fret on the minor issues, I have both and if you ask me if I'd buy one again with those issues, I would. You can't go wrong with this SUV. Balance and handling is great, especially when you drive on highway high speeds. Handles more like a car than an SUV. :shades:
    Thanks, I still feel sorry that I didn't buy the car when I could have had it for $500 under invoice. It wasn't the color I want but I could live with aqua. :(
  • mictramictra Posts: 11
    Why did you choose to go to the Bronx on the third try? What about Wantagh or Manhasset Mitsubishi?
    I called for availability. They said they have it in stock but only 2WD when I got there.
  • mictramictra Posts: 11
    I was driving around last nigh while my son was napping before a long new years eve night. I stopped at Wantagh but it was closed but I did see a fully loaded black XLS. I guess I'm not sure if it was AWD. I made a deal at the end of November. He called a day later and told me he can't find it and I would have to wait. I still have time on my montero lease so I'm in no hurry. I was told they did a port swap for the car and it should be in sometime around 8th, 9th or 10th.