Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura Integra Transmission Problems

2»

Comments

• Hi, guys. I have a 98 Integra LS, auto. Original owner; 128k miles. No alterations (too chicken to kill the warranty for first 48k miles, then too broke!) Car hesitates going uphill from a full stop and seems to slip a little between first and second then but stabilizes at about 30 mph. But my big concern is the "rattling" at 40 mph. Above 42 and below 38 mph is fine. Not sure if it's quickly slipping between gears -- or could it be something with the o2 sensors? I'm on a really tight budget these days; how should I go about dealing with this as cheaply as possible? The dealership is way too pricey for me these days! Advice/suggestions, please!
  • hey i just recently bought a 96 integra for 2000. The only problem with it was i needed to replace the cv boot or the drive shaft.So on the way home after buying it, after doing highway for a good 15 minutes. Im on my street corner, doing about 3-4MPH. All i hear is a big noise followed by cluck-cluck-cluck. So i put it to the curb. Pushed it a few houses down to my place. I realize that ill have to replace the front passenger side drive shaft. This i hear is a medium job. But is there any kind of other serious damage that could of been done? Im a student and i dont have 500-1000 to put into it. Mine is manual btw. Please answers would be very helpfull
  • most likely the rattling is sludge formation. make sure to change your engine oil regularly! i've drive three integras, one thats a 5sp gsr sedan and the others a ls auto sedan as well as a auto coupe. all from 1995. i've noticed LS accelerates pretty slow especially even if you are gassing it. if you havent changed the transmission fluid ever, it should be about time. my tranny fluid changes from a light purple to a brown when it goes bad. you might have a [non-permissible content removed] transmission cable which might cost you.
  • car_lovecar_love Posts: 27
    you should be fine, the only thing it did was probably ruin the CV boot and such. You can see if there's any damage to where the front axles go into the transmission to see if anything stripped but you should be fine I think. Check inner side of wheel. I owned my 98 for 10 years and watched knew people who broke front axles and replaced them all the time. The honda/acura ones are the best and cheapest too.
  • tbahrtbahr Posts: 4
    do you know how to fix this problem? I have a 91 Integra with the same proble.
    I have a 1991 Acura Integra with a 4 cyl. and an automatic transmission,
    the tranny will shift from 1st to 2nd fine when cold but will not go into 3rd until warmed up, after it is warmed up the tranny shifts into all gears fine.
    Can any body help me with this problem?
  • wow you got raped on all your repairs from earlier. I love my teg, don't get me wrong. But i am in the same boat as you and i don't know what to do. I think i would sell it. For how much money you have already put in it you could have bought a pretty nice car.
  • I have a 95 gsr. wtf is wrong with my tranny!!!!
    first of all i started to feel my cluth slipping, new cluth would be no biggy.
    but it eventually started to get harder and harder to get it into gear. When i do get it into gear its very inconsistant(shakes, grinds chugs w/e)

Now its worse than ever! about half the time i just cannot get my car into gear. I have to shut my car off and then it will go in no prob.

o yeah! and sometimes when i have it in gear i cant get it out and it just keeps moving.
    i am freaking out! someone shed some light on my prob please. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
  • acuradude2acuradude2 Posts: 1
    edited May 2010
    well with integras like the previous guy above said 95 has the hydrolic tranny and 93 down has the cable... what u need to do is bleed out the line cuz there might be air in the line... the pressure plate isn't fully disengaging from your friction plate. thus making it very hard to shift or keep going when u push on the clutch pedal. if that isn't the problem you probably have a bent lever to push on your pressure plate. and also check your clutch oil what you use with that is just regular brake fluid.... good luck
  • i would recommend anyone with these honda and acura cars- change your trans fluid each 30k and find some BG ATC to add to the fluid. these cars are a piece of cake to service the trans fluid, a drain plug, no filter, no pan, no gaskets and yet people neglect them. if the fluid were new at these intervals or at the first sign of an issue, it is my opinion you would never have transmission issues.

I perform this service first thing when these issues arise and in many cases eliminate the problem. this may be other than the owner who is constantly racing the vehcle.
  • why will my auto. tranny only shift into third gear after being warmed up? when cold you can run up to 7000 RPM's and it wont shift.
  • I still have not figured this out. I was hoping somone here could tell me what is wrong.
  • I live in Ohio and its cold out. I got my car stuck in the snow outside in my driveway i tried to rock it out but didnt work wheels were moving and it was going into gear. I waited till i got some help to try and get the car out and now i put it in gear and it just revs. i am wondering if something froze any ideals??
  • rickeym3rickeym3 Posts: 1
    have you figured out what was the cause of the shiffting yet cause i have a 1990 with the same problem just wondering if you could help me out Thanks
  • imakzimakz Posts: 1
    i drove over speed bump. nd like scraped. nd now when i put it in gear the stick starts moving crazy. in every single gear. nd like i could move my stick shift up nd down. its not secure. you know whut the problem is???
    still nobody can seem to help me, I think next I am going to try and change the modulator.
    edited February 2012
    91 Integra will not shift until fully warmed up,have changed almost all the sensors the TCM and the ECM and even the thermostat. at least I dont have any more codes so next i think I am going the change the modulator the speed pulser and the VSS i cant think of anything else can you?

Please help if you can
    I only paid $250.00 for the car and now have over $1500.00 in it with new axsels and all new brakes and stereo and all the parts i have put in for no reson i guess
  • I still can'i figure this one out have you? :confuse: :lemon:
  • dj_thaodj_thao Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    I have a 3 door 90 integra rs auto tansmission.. The car died on me.. And i dont know why the s3 wont stop flashing. I cant start the car... It cranks and all.. But it wont fire... Please help any info plz email me at sion_thao85@yahoo.com
  • x6h0ztxx6h0ztx Posts: 1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7JJ_g2UuBI clutch test

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4CUBB01qX8 cable adjust

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfjGohWy-OU how it works

I have the same problem, I have it in gear and no movement.... but im going to start with the cheapest thing... adjusting the cable. then fluids, then well... if ima get a new tranny, gonna get a new clutch. Thats my opinion.

My car on the dyno: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEtF0T1u--o&list=UU60kapmvh9A83EGKzcEfwaw&index=2-
  • Just wondering if the car suppose to jump before the transmission switch gear. 5his happen for the first 3 gear. Someone told me to change the solenoid. And second, does any acura integra transmission soleoid will do or I need to find the right one?
  • da9laosda9laos South west floridaPosts: 1
    I have 91 acura integra ls auto tranny. My reverse went out a few months ago. My friend told me to buy another tranny and use parts from it to rebuild the tranny. What do you guys think?
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,871

Sounds like a plan assuming you're the DIY type with the skills and equipment you'd need. If you do decide to tackle this project, be sure to keep us posted on how it goes. It would be really interesting to see photos of how this all happens!

Need help navigating? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

2»