Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Uplander Tires / Wheels

2»

Comments

• spike99spike99 Posts: 239

Yes. I got price quotes from my local shop and from my local GM dealer. Do remember that "price quotes" do vary from region to region. Thus, do call a few auto shops in your specific. It only takes a 5 minute phone call - to chat with each auto shop....

Unknown to me (and not told during my initial "price quote" gathering tasks), I also discovered my local GM dealer also stores my old summer rubber/rims during the winter for "free". They let some air out of each tire, wrap each tire with UV protection plastic wrap, label it good and store all 4 tires in large steel bins. In the spring (around April 10), I simply re-visit my local GM dealer, they remove my current "in use" winter rubber/rims from my mini-van, and they re-mount my currently being stored summer rubber/rims back on. And, their tire "seaonal exchange" tasks only costs $5 (for all 4 tires) "more" then my local auto shop. And best of all, I don't have to store my opposite season tires/rims at my house (that has limited storage space). Talk about a great "turn key" service from my local GM dealer as well...

When chatting with your local auto shops &/or your local GM dealer, do ask if they provide opposite season tire storage services as well. For me, my local GM's "free service" is worth it... And being GM, their storage keeps my vehicle's & its tires warranty conditions non-arguementive as well.

Hope this helps as well...

• astra1astra1 Posts: 5
    Although you can changr the alternator on a Chevy Venture by ratcheting the motor forward, that is not necessary. It is easier to take the windshield wiper assembly out,and that way you don't take the chance of damageing the Pass. side motor mout, and by the way, it is quicker doing it this way. I have tried both ways. - Don
  • maddog0324maddog0324 Posts: 54
    I just replaced the original equipment spark plugs and wires on our '06 Uplander with 105,300 miles. The engine rolls forward quite easily, but holding it forward is the key to this procedure. I did not have a ratcheting strap available to roll the engine forward & hold it in position. I was, however, able to use a long pry-bar to move the engine forward and held it there with some heavy duty bailing wire. In order to have better access to the rear plugs, I removed the coil pack and mounting plate. Once those were out of the way, I could stand on a short step ladder and lean over the engine and get to the rear plugs. After new AC Delco Iridium plugs and Duralast wire set were in place, everything went back without any glitches, for less than $80.00. :)
2»