Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura MDX Tires and Sensors

2»

Comments

• mdx12mdx12 Posts: 3
    thanks for all your replies, I will see if I can trade them in
  • jlwalkerjlwalker Posts: 4
    My 2004 MDX has 63,000 miles on the cross-terrains. Still good tread, but don't want to trust them for the summer heavy driving. Considering replacing them now.
    They have been good tires.
  • skibumskibum Posts: 2
    I have a 2008 MDX with OEM Mich Latitudes and about 42k miles. Looking for suggestions on whether I should simply replace with same tire or if there are others that are as good but maybe cheaper. Tire rack notes Continental's ExtremeContact DWS as a best seller MDX replacement tire (and about $100 cheaper per tire than the Mich Lats) and reviews seem good but I don't see any reviews of this Conti tire on an MDX. Mich Latitudes seem quite pricey at $250-$300 tire installed. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  • willy88willy88 Posts: 1
    Skibum, just put the Conti DWS on my 07 MDX after 3 years of misery with the original Michelins and then a set of Conti Sport Contacts. The car has the optional 19" wheels with 275/45 ZR19 tires. It has ALWAYS drifted left and wandered with the road crown but these tires made it ride like a whole different car! Though about buying a spare set so I'd never have to be without them! Highly recommend the DWS.
  • saramaddiesaramaddie Posts: 19
    I am in the same situation except mine is a 2007 and I have about 27k on the latitudes. I spoke with one tire salesman who said that the latitudes are a high performance tire and therefore will wear out faster. He suggested Michelin LTX MS2 but they will be about 10mm narrower. I know the LTX MS2 are highly rated but wondered about putting them on an MDX. I will need to replace before winter but haven't decided what to replace with. The choice of tires seems to be fairly limited for this particular size.
  • mdx2004mdx2004 Posts: 1
    had a screw in my left rear tire after noticing the warning on dash panel. tire shop said the monitor on tire was not installed properly and I would have to take to Acura dealership to fix problem. How can I resolve as I use the vehicle and cannot drop to have work done at dealership. Another tire shop was able to put in plug after removing screw and said the same thing about the sensor. i.e. it was not possible to
    take off tire as the whole system needed to be replaced.
  • upstatedocupstatedoc Posts: 710
    Doesn't your Acura dealer have loaners? Mine does. :confuse:
  • my1stmdxmy1stmdx Posts: 4
    edited September 2010
    I have had a 2007 MDX Sport with 2 sets of Michellin Lattiudes for 3 yrs and have always had tire vibration as if they are unbalanced. I had the tires balanced several times at the dealer over the years and at a local tire shop. I have even had them precision balanced on a Hunter Road Force balancer. Most days the vibration is mild but sometimes it is horrible. It seems worse on hotter days. It starts at about 65 mph but is at it's worst around 70-72 mph. Has anyone else experienced this?
  • capriracercapriracer Somewhere in the USPosts: 798
    The most likely reason you can't fix the vibration is that it is probably not the tires and the wheels. The fact that 2 sets of tires and a Hunter Road Force didn't fix it is proof.

You need to look elsewhere for the problem.
  • Same here: 2007 MDX starts vibrating at 65 mph, new set of tires didn't help. Definitely coming from the front, I assume it's the suspension and not the wheels. The very helpfull Acura service rep dismissed the problem by stating - Oh, we can't recreate the problem because we can't drive at that speed for fear of getting a ticket! And that's after dropping 1K for a new set of tires, at $45k a pop I'd expect a near damn perfection. Can't imagine a BMW dealer insulting his customer like this...
  • jensadjensad Posts: 388
    I would suggest to you that make your next vehicle a BMW and avoid Acuras from now on.

Good luck to all and stay safe - even if you speed and get a ticket.

jensad
  • I took my MDX to another dealer with a Hunter Road Force to see if they had any ideas. I complained about the Michelins but they said that they are really good tires. Long story short, after an alignment and another attempt with the road force, the vibration is still there but now starts at about 68 mph. Unfortunately I had to go to Taiwan on a business trip the next day so I won't be able to take the car back until next Monday. This will be my last attempt and then I will call the Acura 800 number but I am not hopeful that they will help. I still have not heard anything from the Acura district service manager here in the San Fran. North Bay area.
  • I bought a CPO 07 MDX w 37K miles in August. Vibration starts ~72mph. I have had it back 4 times. The dealer has swapped rims and tires, balanced tires and installed new front wheel bearings. The vibration is still there. Dealer's service manager told me there is nothing they can do and that "they all do that" (all MDXs vibrate).
  • Have them check the front struts. My left one was bad and was replaced gratis.
  • I had asked if it could be the struts but the service manager said they weren't leaking. I have contacted the dealers GM and Acura Headquarters. Waiting on responses. Thanks for the suggestion.
  • I have an 07 Mdx that I recently purchased with 36k miles, the oem tires are 255/55/18 Michelins, I dont believe the prev owner rotated the tires since it was a lease and now the front tires are in need of replacement. my rear tires are in good shape and i priced GoodYear Eagle LS 2's, since the tire dealer told me they are a similiar tread pattern to the Mich. After reading up on AWD vehicles, is it wise to just purchase two and different Mfg's? or just pay the money for a set of four and keep the rear as backups. Also does anyone have a tire recommendation, this being our first SUV.

Thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,788
    I don't think it would be wise to mix tires, even if it wasn't AWD... Not only that, for the best stability, it's always safest to have your best tires on the rear... which isn't optimal for a vehicle that puts the power to the front wheels, most of the time.

We have a pretty good discussion about tires, here:
    Tires, tires, tires

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• capgeecapgee Posts: 1
    I had the issue, and eventually the bolt that holds the drive shaft popped off. I had to replace the whole drive shaft, but it solved the problem. Check that bolt.
  • goomba1goomba1 Posts: 20
    My '08 MDX original Latitudes (now with 55k miles) had barely enough tread depth for last winter, were fine for the summer, but are not sufficient for the coming winter (getting close to the wear bar). I considered getting a 2nd winter set from Tire Rack, but now I'm planning to replace with another set of Latitudes -- the new ones have a warranty of 55k, for what that's worth. After reading through the helpful comments in this forum I'll say I have been satisfied with the handling (summer, rain, and snow), and road noise has been fine -- but not as quiet as a Lexus. Probably that is the noise insulation in the vehicle rather than the tires themselves though ;)
  • looking at getting snow tires for '12 MDX. Northern Michigan winter along Lake Michigan.
    any experience with downsizing wheels and getting 17 inch snows versus standard 18?
  • Hi All,

I am getting a quote from the acura dealership at Weschester PA for the set up Bridgestone Blizzak DV-V1 with tax, installation for $1090. Is that too much or can I find it cheaper else where.

Another question, would you recommend to get another set of OEM RIM for the winter tires or swap the all season for the winter?
  • Recommend Town Fair Tires for the best advice and pricing.
2»