Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura MDX Tires and Sensors

13»

Comments

• jensadjensad Posts: 388
    I would suggest to you that make your next vehicle a BMW and avoid Acuras from now on.

Good luck to all and stay safe - even if you speed and get a ticket.

jensad
  • I took my MDX to another dealer with a Hunter Road Force to see if they had any ideas. I complained about the Michelins but they said that they are really good tires. Long story short, after an alignment and another attempt with the road force, the vibration is still there but now starts at about 68 mph. Unfortunately I had to go to Taiwan on a business trip the next day so I won't be able to take the car back until next Monday. This will be my last attempt and then I will call the Acura 800 number but I am not hopeful that they will help. I still have not heard anything from the Acura district service manager here in the San Fran. North Bay area.
  • I bought a CPO 07 MDX w 37K miles in August. Vibration starts ~72mph. I have had it back 4 times. The dealer has swapped rims and tires, balanced tires and installed new front wheel bearings. The vibration is still there. Dealer's service manager told me there is nothing they can do and that "they all do that" (all MDXs vibrate).
  • Have them check the front struts. My left one was bad and was replaced gratis.
  • I had asked if it could be the struts but the service manager said they weren't leaking. I have contacted the dealers GM and Acura Headquarters. Waiting on responses. Thanks for the suggestion.
  • I have an 07 Mdx that I recently purchased with 36k miles, the oem tires are 255/55/18 Michelins, I dont believe the prev owner rotated the tires since it was a lease and now the front tires are in need of replacement. my rear tires are in good shape and i priced GoodYear Eagle LS 2's, since the tire dealer told me they are a similiar tread pattern to the Mich. After reading up on AWD vehicles, is it wise to just purchase two and different Mfg's? or just pay the money for a set of four and keep the rear as backups. Also does anyone have a tire recommendation, this being our first SUV.

Thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,692
    I don't think it would be wise to mix tires, even if it wasn't AWD... Not only that, for the best stability, it's always safest to have your best tires on the rear... which isn't optimal for a vehicle that puts the power to the front wheels, most of the time.

We have a pretty good discussion about tires, here:
    Tires, tires, tires

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• capgeecapgee Posts: 1
    I had the issue, and eventually the bolt that holds the drive shaft popped off. I had to replace the whole drive shaft, but it solved the problem. Check that bolt.
  • goomba1goomba1 Posts: 20
    My '08 MDX original Latitudes (now with 55k miles) had barely enough tread depth for last winter, were fine for the summer, but are not sufficient for the coming winter (getting close to the wear bar). I considered getting a 2nd winter set from Tire Rack, but now I'm planning to replace with another set of Latitudes -- the new ones have a warranty of 55k, for what that's worth. After reading through the helpful comments in this forum I'll say I have been satisfied with the handling (summer, rain, and snow), and road noise has been fine -- but not as quiet as a Lexus. Probably that is the noise insulation in the vehicle rather than the tires themselves though ;)
  • looking at getting snow tires for '12 MDX. Northern Michigan winter along Lake Michigan.
    any experience with downsizing wheels and getting 17 inch snows versus standard 18?
  • Hi All,

I am getting a quote from the acura dealership at Weschester PA for the set up Bridgestone Blizzak DV-V1 with tax, installation for $1090. Is that too much or can I find it cheaper else where.

Another question, would you recommend to get another set of OEM RIM for the winter tires or swap the all season for the winter?
  • Recommend Town Fair Tires for the best advice and pricing.
13»