Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus LS 460/LS 460L News, Views and Opinions

Comments

• dan67dan67 Posts: 51
    I could be wrong but I remember the Lexus expert telling me if I wanted it to show names and numbers of people calling I had to remove all the "1" in front of each number in the memory.
  • jsandsjsands Posts: 3
    I'd like some advice. Since the touring and luxury packages are mutually exclusive, which is the best bet? Does the better leather really look that much better than the "standard"? Is the handling appreciably better with the touring package? I should add I mostly care about aesthetics and I am not terribly interested in road feel unless the touring package makes a vast difference in handling. Thanks.
  • nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    I think you just answered your own question - clearly the luxury package is for you (and for me) if you're not into the "driving" experience. The Touring package is designed to give you a little more "BMW experience".... Sounds like that's not your thing.
  • leza2279leza2279 Posts: 10
    There has been quite a discussion on various owners forums regarding the wind noise issue on the LS460.

I just got finished a phone discussion with the Service Manager of Newport Lexus and I am in a state of shock. I was informed that there is NO fix for the wind noise problem for the LS460. The service manager stated that they had a meeting with the Lexus district manager yesterday and he officially advised that Lexus has tried a number of fixes for the wind noise issue and none of them was successful - and that included replacing the windows and molding. After expressing my dissatisfaction, I was told to take the matter up with Lexus corporate.
    Has anyone been told something different??? Any thoughts on how to proceed?
  • tricky73tricky73 Posts: 132
    Your experience sounds very familiar to me.

Based on experiences I had with the 460 I became convinced this design is not ready for market, and dumped it in favor of a 450h. I too had wind noise in addition to numerous electrical problems, plus an intense dislike for that damn park-o-matic feature that didn't work. To Lexus' credit, they did refund $700 paid for the parking assist. Before a howl arises from numerous cheer leaders on this thread, I admit perhaps I got a bad one; but apparently I am not the only one disappointed with Lexus' attitude on this model, and hope owners with more years left to fight Corporate than I have will persevere.

Again I would advise those driving an LS 4XX if you are satisfied with it, be cautious in replacing it with a 460...you may be quite disappointed if it ever requires something more complicated than an oil change.

• cyclone4cyclone4 Posts: 2,285
    According to some folks on the Club Lexus forum, the wind noise issue is being addressed right now. There is a fix according to several there and it is being repaired as I write this message. Please check it out.
  • mr. leza2279
    you wrote : quote : The service manager stated that they had a meeting with the Lexus district manager yesterday and he officially advised that Lexus has tried a number of fixes for the wind noise issue and none of them was successful - and that included replacing the windows and molding.
    Any thoughts on how to proceed?
    YES ... i have many thoughts on how to proceed .
    the most prominent thought is internal ; as follows :
    Keep the windows and molding , but ..............
    throw out the rest of the poor excuse for a car .
    mitchell rowe
  • woppenhewoppenhe Posts: 61
    I have not tried this, but the business data base is accessable by the telephone number. Plug in the phone number and the system will guide you to the business. I believe that I was instructed not to enter the 1 when entering the 10 digit number. Perhaps that is where the skip the 1 before the number came from.
  • woppenhewoppenhe Posts: 61
    Anyone hear anything from under the vehicle when going over a large bump slowly, such as a speed bump??
  • hendjazhendjaz Posts: 155
    Yes, check out CL as several are reporting Lexus having successfully addressing reported wind noise or leak-like sounds.
  • dssxxxxdssxxxx Posts: 69
    Perhaps to many cocktails...........what is CL?
  • rennyboschrennybosch Posts: 329
    "what is CL?"

clublexus.com
  • For those of you who had an LS430 with Bluetooth phone and now have the LS460, how would you compare the sound quality of the phone sound when it comes through the car's speaker system? In my 430, the sound seems to come from just one speaker, below the steering wheel, and it is not very high quality. Often it is hard to understand clearly what is being said.

By contrast the outgoing sound, picked up by the two microphones above the rear view mirror, seems to be very good. People have told me that they can hear me very clearly.

Just wondering if the 460 improved the incoming sound quality.
  • The people receiving my calls tell me the sound quality is better. My incoming call are better now that I know how to adjust the sound quality and volume. (link below is to youtube) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVhZOy3zqVQ
  • Sid, before you adjusted the sound quality, how did the 460 sound compare to the 430 sound? In other words, if the sound is now better than before, is that because you adjusted something or because the 460 has better incoming Bluetooth sound than the 430?
  • I would not say the 460 originally had a better sound quality--I did not notice it being any worse either.
  • Has any one experienced the air leak noise at the rear windows or otherwise with 460L? I am about the pay big dollar amount to buy one. Any suggestion.

Any opinion on applying the Magna Shield for ext. paint and interior protection?

How about buying into three years extended warranty?

Assitance is appreciated.............. :confuse:
  • Do not waste your money on Magna Shield or extended warranty--as to the wind noise--do not buy one that has wind noise. Try to find a latter build dated car, as mine was built in may07 and does not have wind noise.
  • Thanks for your kindly advice. Saved me lot of thinking and 3k..........
  • newrnewr Posts: 24
    Hi,

I am thinking of getting a Lexus 460.. but there's a lot of discussion about this "wind noise" problem. I test drove one the other day which was shipped in July..so I guess the newer ones built. What exactly is the wind noise.. is it just wind noise we usually hear with cars in high speed or is it something different? I did notice hearing some wind blowing but is it a defect or is it just normal for a car.. cuz I can here wind noises on Audi or other cars in high speed too?

Thanks for your help.
  • The 460 literature mentions infrared sensors to determine passenger temperature in order to adjust the climate control system optimally. Does this really seem to be working?

On my 430, most mornings I set the temp to 74, and in the afternoons I change it to 77. That has given me the best results. Does the 460 still need this kind of attention?
  • ljflxljflx Posts: 4,687
    I'll say no because I can't even remember the last time I changed temp settings. The interior air temp has been so perfect that I haven't even thought about it since the day I got the car. So whatever gizmo they put in to keep cabin air temp uniform seems to be working perfectly.
  • Thanks Len, for your reply. Another little PLUS in my accumulating decision matrix.

Renny
  • this is a major problem...i and my business partner bought 2 new cars. the noise has been a real issue. we have done all of the "fixes" they do not work.

Lexus wants us to BUY new cars and trade the old cars in for a depreciated value.
    When I spoke to the birmingham general manager...he yelled at me on the phone and they refuse to let us talk with the district manager
  • major problem with lexus 460. the car makes a terrible wind noise from the driver's side window and they can not fix it.

the repairs don not work and the district managers will notrespond to requests for action.
  • it is a major problem. the noise sounds like a whistle. they are unable to fix it.
  • I live in Birmingham alabama and I have the same problem. My business partner bought the same car and has the same problem. The dealership offered to swap the car for another one. When he tested the new car...it did the same thing. Now they are very resistant to doing anything biut yell at me over the phone. Do you know of anyone who gas begun any legal action ???
  • ljflxljflx Posts: 4,687
    Renny,

Have you driven the car yet? Keep in mind that my comments about the ride and handling are on an air suspensioned car with the car mainly driven in sport mode. I get the feeling Lexus is making the air suspension car easier to get in 2008. So you may want to try and test drive one. If I remember right you have an air suspension ultra don't you?

BTW - I don't know of anyone that has a wind noise issue and I know 8 LS460 owners in my town. Clearly some folks seem to have it on early edition cars. But on my car the only way you'll get a wind noise is to open the window. Car is as quiet as a mouse and is a dream ride.
  • i know you wrote your message a while ago...they have not come up with a fix that works.....the noise is just as bad
  • atlas7atlas7 Posts: 126
    Speaking of poor service, let me tell you about Pohanka Lexus. I placed an order on July 5th, for a 2008 LS 460 SWB. At that point, the sales person explicitly told me, "you will have the car late/September or early October." A few weeks ago in Mid September I inquired about the delivery date of my car. The Sales Mgr. has no idea, does some research and comes back and tells me, "your car will be built in late October or early November." He also says, "he does not have a delivery date of the car. UNBELIEVABLE. I go from expecting to be driving the car in late September to having it built in November. Two and a half months after I placed the order, they tell me they have no idea when the car will arrive at their dealership! "We won't have a delivery date until it's been built. DO NOT BUY YOUR NEXT LEXUS FROM POHANKA, they are arrogant and incompetent.