Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Sentra SE-R & SE-R Spec V

moparbadmoparbad Posts: 3,842
edited April 21 in Nissan
SE-R and SE-R Spec V are returning to the Sentra model offerings. Both models will be announced on November 29th at the LA Auto Show.

What are your thoughts?

press release quote-
All-new for 2007, the Nissan Sentra will once again have SE-R high performance models; both SE-R and SE-R Spec V. As a pioneer model in the field of sport compact cars, the 2007 Nissan Sentra SE-R offers more power, performance and technology to this highly acclaimed model. The SE-R Spec V model will be powered by a specifically designed high-output version of Nissan’s 2.5-liter DOHC 4-cylinder engine. Additional information on the SE-R with be announced at the LA Auto Show on November 29th.
-end

Comments

• i think that they should drop the vq in there to blow the srt-4 out of the water and the mazdaspeed 3 :P
  • I think for Nissan to be back in the hot sport compact market, in which they had with the 90's 240sx's along with the classic b13 Nissan Sentra se-r, they need to either shoehorn that 3.5 liter VQ engine like what the member above said, or import the turbocharged variation of the QR series engine that they have in Japan. I believe its the QR20det which is super torquey and would be easily modified for cheap speed. They should make this generation of the se-r spec v extremely raw and give it standard brembos which was an option on the last generation. Give it a track tuned, race worthy suspension set out to raise the bar in the handling department of all its compeititors such as the Civic Si, VW GTI, Cooper S, and the new Mazdaspeed 3. Have the sunroof optional or just don't even have it as an option of the Spec V model and only on the regular ser model. Last but not least, give it some lightweight wheels with super sticky tires and I think if they can somehow price it below 20 grand, this car should be a homerun. :P
  • moparbadmoparbad Posts: 3,842
    07 SE-R & Spec V

Spec V
    200 HP
    17" wheels
    6 speed manual
    limited slip

177 HP for the SE-R
    quote Nissan press release-
    "The last great component of the new 2007 Sentra SE-R is price. We're targeting a price of around $20,000 for the Sentra SE-R Spec V - which means 200 horsepower for $20K - which we believe makes SE-R Spec V one of the best values in the sport compact segment," said Bosley. "This new Sentra SE-R has a lot to offer even the most demanding enthusiasts. It'll be a thrill to drive, right out of the box."
    -end
  • A fully loaded sentra is already $20k. With all the performance parts and engine i cant see it costing less than 20, maybe 22-23k is our best bet.
    $19,999 is the base MSRP for the Spec V. 200 HP for $20,000 is what Nissan was promoting at the unvieling.
    The pricing is fair.
  • I have a B15 Spec V and I think it is better looking and I have heard Nissan Execs saying that the B15 is more fun to drive. I think it looks awful they lost the skyline inspired look
    Which execs. at Nissan said this?
  • Yeah, I want to know too, also what quarter mile times do you think this car is going to get? I think it should be capable of getting anywhere from 14.5-14.9 with a good driver since there is substantial amount of torque and a helical limited slip differential for added traction with the Spec V. I know the b15's got around low 15's stock according to Road and Track and Motor Trend. How much more is the B16 going to weigh, do you guys have any clue?
    It would've been pretty sweet if the Spec V came in a track model trim where it comes with extra light weight racing wheels like 16 inchers, no sunroof, no sound-deadening materials to lighten it up, power windows up front only and manual ones on the back to save weight and lower the cost, standard Brembo brakes which I think all the Spec V comes this way, let it weigh in around 2,700 lbs., all for around 18,000. That would be a modern day Type R killer with monster torque.
  • I have a 2004 B15 SpecV and I too love mine. Nissan f-ed up bigtime with this new thing. With a CAI and the Catback Exhaust my car will take this new SpecV easily. That's 20 more horses added to the 175 that came with it. They didn't need to tweak the engine just put performance intake and exhaust on it. Heck yeah jimithin the skyline inspired looks are a huge plus. It backs those looks up with great performance.
  • the title of the article about the se-r today insinuates that it could "smoke" an si...

the 0-60 in the article says 7.1 Seconds... the same as the si

the 1/4 mile says 15.3 seconds at 93.3 mph... si was 15.3 sec at 93 mph

im not an expert, but a .3 mph lead in the 1/4 mile isn't exactly smoking the si...
  • eldainoeldaino Posts: 1,618
    agreed. In fact the article seems to praise the si more when it directly compares the 2.
    You are incorrect on 0-60 and 1/4 mile times in your post.

6.7 seconds 0-60 mph is stated for the Spec V not the 7.1 seconds for Si.

the title of the article about the se-r today insinuates that it could "smoke" an si...

the 0-60 in the article says 7.1 Seconds... the same as the si

the 1/4 mile says 15.3 seconds at 93.3 mph... si was 15.3 sec at 93 mph

im not an expert, but a .3 mph lead in the 1/4 mile isn't exactly smoking the si...

And losing is losing..... :)
  • eldainoeldaino Posts: 1,618
    losing is losing, but when its by a fraction of a second, it certainly doesn't mean all out bragging rights (unless your into that.)

.4 of a second. Whoopee. And the quarter mile was .1 behind. And it was clocked going faster. its a wash.
  • Pissing and moaning is pointless. The SpecV is better nuff said.
  • nismos13nismos13 Posts: 6
    I honestly don't think the Spec V is better outright compared to the SI. As much as I love Nissans, especially the original 91' Se-r, 90 300zx tt, and all the 240sx's, I was expecting a tad bit more for the Spec V. I was hoping that they keep it under 3,000 lbs and tune the suspension more aggressively, kind of like a turn key track-ready setup. I was a bit suprised that the m.s.r.p. was over 22 grand, I thought I read somewhere where they said its going to be under 20. You would think they would shoehorn a detuned version of their awesome vq35de engine for something over 22 grand. Maybe stuff the older Altima engine that was pushing 245 h.p. All in all, compared to the SI, the Spec V has the edge in power, brakes, and styling depending on which one you like more inside and out because those things are subjective. Overall not bad, but not great like the original.
  • haha, so mentioning an over statement on an article title is pissing & moaning? maybe it's a nissan thing.

by the way, they've edited the article since my post... now the numbers (though still far from "smokin") are more indicitave of a faster time for the sentra. i think they might have mistakenly posted the wrong performance numbers yesterday.
This discussion has been closed.