Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GMC Yukon Small Problems and Aggravations

Comments

• hovmatichovmatic Posts: 1
    i have a 02 denali and i wanted to if any one knew where to get that small piece of the side molding that is by the back wheel and back pass side door on the bottom.the dealer wants $115 for it n its not even painted.so if anyone know a store/website that sells this plz post lol thx.
  • rshtrsht Posts: 277
    Not sure if the place below carries just that one small piece, you may have to call them to find out; otherwise, hove you checked with your local salvage yard? Good Luck!

http://www.car-stuff.com/store/?D=molding&Ntt=molding&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Nt- k=Main&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&N=1623+4294967263+10570&Nty=1
  • tampapitampapi Posts: 14
    I have a 2007 Yukon that I bought in March 2007. From the beginning, I have had dead battery problems and the dealer has been unable to fix the problem.

The problems I am having are:

1) The CD/Nav disk motor constantly runs. No matter how long the vehicle has been off, the disk motor can be heard running or reading the disk. Dealers says this is normal. But wouldn't that run the battery down?

2) I have a home office, so I do not drive the truck every day. It would not be out of ordinary to have the truck sit for two or three days without being driven. Now keep in mind that I unplug all cell phone chargers, radar detectors etc, so there is nothing drawing current except for the CD motor. After just one day, the battery will die.

3) The battery meter in the dash is all over the place. A correct reading should be just about 14. Mine will read down around 7, then jump up to 12, then back down to 3 or 4 and abck up to 14 or 15.

While the vehicle was in for normal maintance last year, they replaced the battery under a recall. I did not know this until yesterday when I dropped the truck off at the GMC dealer. The advisor told me that they already replaced the battery, so there shouldn't be any issues. After working on the truck all day, all they could do was replace the battery again. Guess what? Went out this morning, battery was nearly drained already. The CD motor is still running of course. There is no DVD/CD in, just the NAV disk.

Carl Black GMC in Sarasota has no idea what could be wrong. They have tested everything and get normal readings.

Anyone experiencing this problem and has anyone figured out why?

And I see someone posted about the cig plug covers. Yes, mine broke off the first week I had the truck. Never bothered to get new ones since I'm sure they will just break off too. Plus it's a lease, so if they want to replace them when I return the vehicle, fine.
  • agholdenagholden Posts: 5
    It's broke. Make 'em fix it.

The engine-off electrical system is pathetic. I've had to jump my 2007 Yukon four times because of doors left open, radio played, ice chest pluged in - all for absurdly short lengths of time. I always check at the dealer's service department, and GM still has no remedy, though they're apparently beginning to notice the problem.

However - mine does not go dead just sitting (like 2 weeks at the airport). Yours is not right. I'm sure they'd like to fix it if you ask nicely (or threaten to terminate the lease.).

Good luck.
    "The CD/Nav disk motor constantly runs" is not right. Mine shuts totally off as soon as I open my driver side door (with the ignition key already turned off of course). Perhaps ask your service department to double check the CD's wiring? I have an 07 Denali, I must say that I have been very lucky, it can sit in my garage for 3 weeks (the longest I have ever tried - due to an over sea business trip) and still starts just fine when I got back.

BTW, has your Yukon been through the recall service called "BCM Reprogramming for Battery Drain"? When I had mine done just more than a year ago, my service department also reprogrammed the the RCDLR and RKE Modules...
  • cch2cch2 Posts: 1
    I am having the same problem with our 2007 yukon. Have you been able to find the problem?
    I just called the dealer and asked if they did the BCM - they said yes, it was done during my last oil change earlier this year. However, they did not repro the RCDLR. Since you mentioned it, I did some research and see that this was a big issue on the Vette and Tahoe, but I didn't see a bulletin regarding the Yukon.

I called them back and they said they were not instructed to repro the RCDLR on the Yukons. They didn't understand what it would have to do with the battery run-down issue. But from what I'm reading, it's more of a software issue. Do you think I should make them do this?

I was under the impression we have run-down protection anyway, so if something such as the disk motor is running, why isn't the run-down protection kicking in?
    When I visited my dealership for the BCM re-program, they told me that since I was there and there is a newer version of the software available they might just as well re-program the RCDLR all in one visit. I am not all that sure what each re-programming does and to what extend the sensitivity level in the new software is (if at all different/adjusted from the previous version) as far as detecting the electrical drain and etc... All I can tell you, since the re-programming, I have not experienced any issue with the battery running out of juice, even I have parked my 07 Denali for 3 consecutive weeks.
    What does your battery meter in the dash read normally? Before they did the re-program, were you experiencing flucuations in your meter? From what I understand the normal reading should be around 15 volts. Mine has been resting at around 11/12 but will flucuate down toward 9 volts. When I'm stopped, it will go lower, when I'm moving - especially on the interstate, it will go back up to 15. So there is obviously an issue with the output from the alt. Did you experience any of this?
    I just found another message on the board regarding the CD reading noise I've been hearing - I think this pretty much explains that issue, so I don't think that has anything to do with my battery running down.

#10 of 50 What's the noise I hear when I open the door? by 10mikeymike Jul 25, 2007 (3:46 pm) Save | Reply
    I just took delivery of a new 07 Yukon Denali. It has the navigation system and every time I open the door, I hear a faint sound like an autofocus camera focusing. The only thing I can think it is would be the navigation system rreading the disc, but the vehicle isn't running. Has anyone else noticed this?

Replies to this message:
    valvestud (Jul 25, 2007 7:25 pm)
    mikestgerm (Dec 08, 2007 2:59 pm)
    gaserup (Feb 22, 2008 9:06 pm)

#11 of 50 Re: What's the noise I hear when I open the door? [10mikeymike] by valvestud Jul 25, 2007 (6:25 pm) Save | Reply
    Replying to: 10mikeymike (Jul 25, 2007 4:46 pm)

Anytime you open a door on the vehicle when it's been sitting for some time, the NAV unit spins up and gets ready to do it's thing. It will also run for a while after shutdown.
    Before the re-program, my battery/voltage meter has been pretty steady at 15 almost every time when I looked at it. Since the re-program, there has been more movement between 15volts and ~12volts if I have been driving for a while... Nothing lower than 12 has ever been observed in my case.
  • Recently my yukon will make a noise that sounds like a chirping or a plastic bag caught in a fan. It only makes it when the A/C is on and it is very hot outside. It only makes the noise while driving/accelerating. If I let off the gas the noise stops. Also, once the car has been drving a bit it doesn't make it. Any thoughts?
    From what I understand, there should be no flucuation of that meter. If anything is operating property, it should read a steady 15volts. But I guess if you are running a DVD player, GPS and all the toys, it might make a difference.
  • chriswynnchriswynn Posts: 1
    How do you turn off the audible beep when using the touch screen on the NAV/Radio in the 2008.
  • I have a 07 Yukon Denali. Sometimes (this happens at random)when I get in and start the car to go somewhere the nav/radio system will not come on. The screen will be black...just as if you had the car off. Only it's running. I then have to turn the car off and open the door (if I don't open the door it will not come back on once restarted) Once I shut the door back and start it again, the nav and radio will then come on.

Has anyone had any problems with this or have heard of this happening? I took it to a dealership and he basically told me that he didn't know how to fix it.

PLEASE HELP!!!! :)
  • mcj318mcj318 Posts: 3
    I can't help you, but I can say you are not alone. This exact same thing has happened to me in my 07 Denali. I have not had it to the dealer, and it has only happend 2 or 3 times. I have not associated opening and closing the door with "fixing" the problem, but if I recall, taking the keys out of the ignition and putting them back in worked. It's possible I also opened the door, I'll try to me more methodical in my diagnosis the next time it randomly happens.
  • Like my mechanic said: "We've all heard about cars being "repossessed." Yours is just "possessed."

Good luck.

Arnie
  • maneusmaneus Posts: 2
    I've had my 2007 Yukon XL for about 2 years now and I've recently had a ton of issues with my Remote Start and not having any Power to the entire vehicle.

1. When I attempt to use the remote start, there is a loud pop sound coming from inside the hood. When that happens, the lights flicker on and off inside the vehicle and resets the clock in the car. Now I don't want this to sound like it happens all the time but it happens probably once a week.

2. The second problem I'm having now is I will try and unlock my vehicle with my Key FOB and the doors will not unlock. When I manually unlock the vehicle none of the lights work inside and I also will put the key in the ignition and the vehicle will not crank over.

Has anyone had this similar problem and what they did to fix it? Thanks!
  • maneusmaneus Posts: 2
    One more thing about my issue. Issue number two will exist for about an hour or two and then the car will act like nothing ever happened but the clock is reset.
  • I have a 2002 Yukon XL with the exact same problems you have mentioned. It all started this summer, 8/08. My sister's 2003 Yukon XL also has the exact same problems you describe. Has anyone been able to come up with a solution? Do you think this has been a recalled item with the Yukon XL.???