Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Impala Paint Problems

I just got my car back from Power Chevrolet after having them paint the hood and the trunk both for having thin transparent paint they didnt have the emblems so i still had to wait for those i got in the car and the tire monitor light was still on after them having my car for 2 weeks needless to say i was upset.. to make a long story short they FINALLY after 4 trips to the dealer Fixed my Remote Range, Tire Monitors and the off and on working of the remotes. I was told they had to call GM and go through how to program the reviever with them. They also have a Buliten Reguarding this GM has changed the part for the remotes (because of the problems everyone is having) so it will need to be changed around NOV 20th once the part is available. As for now the car is FINALLY working the way a new car should!

Comments

• susanm5susanm5 Posts: 21
    I have a red Impala SS with 9300. miles that has over 70 paint chips on the hood. The Dealer won't fix it. Is anyone else having the same problems?
  • quietproquietpro Posts: 702
    Not even close. My black 06 SS has maybe 5 or so. Sorry to hear about your car. :sick:
  • mymittiesmymitties Posts: 242
    Hi there susanm5

I have a Black '06 2LT with approw 4,ooo
    on it. Maybe...just maybe, only 2 - 3 chips
    on it. Sorry about yours !!! They generally won't and don't cover stone chips, but will, if the paint is defective.Where do you fall here...??
    Frank ;)
    I believe the paint is defective!!! There is no way 70 stones hit my car! I don't even drive it in the snow. Any Advice?
    Does anyone on here have defective paint which seems to chip for no reason? On the hood mostly.
    Hi susanm5...is it Susan ??

I'm not too sure what you have done up to this point or what your experience is here...??? But, this is what I would do if i thought my paint was defective as apposed to normal stone chips...And, it would be in this order.... go to >>>>> service advisor first, then service manager, then dealership owner/president, then ask to seethe regional GM rep responsible for that dealership, etc. etc. until you get some satisfaction. You need to be Be quite firm here...!! They certainly are a rare breed... :sick:

Hope some of this helps.. :blush:
    Let us know how you make out
    Frank ;)
  • I have the "06 in red (maroon)..but the '06 red is not the same as the "07...my red or maroon I understand was discontinued in May of '06...I have no chips as of yet....
  • wbowl99wbowl99 Posts: 133
    Oh yeah, I sure do. Mine's maroon and I've had it for 6 months. About 2 weeks after I bought it a rock hit it and knocked 2 chips right in the middle of the hood. Made me sick, but I thought oh well, I'll have to get it touched up. Haven't noticed any rocks hitting after that, but now I have about 10-15 chips on the hood and some on the forward part of the fenders. In the chips you can tell the paint is really thin. Also, if you open the doors and look up at the opening, there are white streaks that look like scratches all along the opening. Not just a few, a lot. I definitely think it is defective paint or not enough coats or something.

Had to take it in this morning anyway (key fob fix - yea!), so I showed the chips to my service rep. When I asked who to talk to about it, he said probably GM customer service and offered to give me their 800 number. I'm going to call today. I'll let you know what they say.
    I already called Customer Service and the area rep denied my claim-said the 70 nicks were due to stone chips! My husband went to talk to the salesman today and he said he would try to do something. I filed a claim with the BBB and we will see what happens at the dealer.
    They might be due to stones, but if the paint were done right and thick enough, I wouldn't think you'd have as many. Seems to me if you can't hear the stones hitting, they shouldn't be hitting hard enough to chip the paint. I have chips on the fenders and side-view mirrors. I think I'd at least hear one hit my side-view, but haven't heard one hit but once.

I just talked to CS about 30 min ago and the guy asked if I was seeking financial assistance with getting it fixed and I said no, I you to paint it free of charge and do it right this time. He said if I'd shown the dealership the faded paint in the door openings they might have dealt with it there. He's calling my dealership and is supposed to call me back. We'll see if he does. I'll keep it posted as to what happens. Let us know if BBB is any help.
    Just heard from GM CS. Same store they told you susanm. Stone chips not covered. If I think it is defective workmanship or paint will have to take it and let dealership body shop check it to see if they agree. Seems they forget so quickly that I told him it is at the dealership right now! Geesh!:mad:

Interesting that mine is the red as well. Do you know where yours was made? Mine was Oshawa Canada. Could be in our favor if they were both from there.
    Wbow99.... IF I am not mistaken, all the impalas have been made in the oshawa, ontario, Canada plant since 2002.
    I wonder what Good 'ole Ron is going to say about this one ??
    Frank ;)
    Thanks Frank. I didn't know that. Showing my GM ignorance but I don't feel too bad...apparently the CS guy didn't know either because when I asked he had to look it up by the VIN number. It would be interesting to know if other maroon 06 owners are having the same problem Susanm and I are having. Maybe more will speak up if they've just been watching like I did for a while.
  • Could it be that Frank works for GM and did all the red paint jobs?.. :confuse: ...it's just a thought!!!...ggeeeeezz..
    Now we know. Hey, Frank. You owe me a new paint job. :shades: Maybe I shouldn't have said that. He'll probably come throw rocks at me and I'll have more chips. :D
  • quietproquietpro Posts: 702
    Bryan,
    Have you checked for the paint issues mentioned in your door jams? I know your mileage is pretty low. Hopefully this problem won't affect you too.

Frank,
    I only pick on you when you're hiding out like you're too good for us. :) Now that you're back in full participation, all is well. ;)

Later guys (and gals),
    Ron
  • Mine is an '06..their talking about the "07's..and the red for the 07's is a different shade than mine....but, no, I have nothing as far paint chips or anything in the door jams....so far...
  • axle52axle52 Posts: 36
    Hi

I have a 06 impala LTZ silvertone metallic and i have numerous stone chips on the hood , bumpers , side mirrors, and even on the trunk but I do alot of highway driving, so I don't think you can blame it on any one colour. I guess its just the nature of the beast. Good luck in trying to get GM to admit to a problem with their paint jobs. BTW I am fed up with my impala. I have had the car in numerous times for the remotes power steering hose TPM ( twice in one day) popping noise in the dash, loose driver side window, I'm on the fourth thermostat ABS upgrade and the list goes on. Just thought I'd vent ... i must also add that i am a GM worker in ST. Catharines ON and we assemble part of the transmission that goes into the Impala and it is probably one of the only things that works properly on my car OK enuff. Bye
    The GM Customer Sevice called today and wanted to discuss the case I filed with the BBB. I only filed it the night before! I guess that got their attention. I am trying to document some problems if any of you have any. My car the hood is missing 70 pieces of paint and a few on the quarter panels. Thanks for your help.
    Where do you live and how did you get the dealer to paint your car? A bunch of us are fighting with Chevy and need some help!