Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick Rainier Repairs

Comments

• Check WWW.GMBUICK.COM for recalls on your year and make and model of your car I think I saw on GOOGLE that there is a recall on the speed odometer and the gas gauge.
  • Pensketech1, Thank you so much for your reply and advice. As you can tell. I don't know much about car repairs, so is the Transfer Case Control Module expensive and/or complicated to repair? Do you know where the TCCM is located on the car? Do you have any advice regarding my other car problems listed? I'm so sorry it was to late to save your front Differential : (
  • Angryinct1, thank you for your response and advice. I am searching for recalls now. So far I have found a couple and hopefully will find more. I will list the recalls that I find in hopes of helping other people as well. Thank you again.
  • All recalls/problems listed for 2005 Buick Rainiers. The list also includes Trailblazers and Envoy.
    I believe 2004 - 2006 is the same model.

Recall list - Must See
    http://www.automd.com/recall-tsb/search/?year=106&make=35&model=828

Driver side door module causes fire:
    http://www.autoblog.com/2013/06/16/gm-recalls-over-230-000-more-trailblazer-fami- ly-suvs-over-door-e/

Faulty Gas gauge - Fuel Sensor Recall
    http://www.autoblog.com/2011/10/06/fed-closes-investigation-into-gm-suv-fuel-sen- sors/

Windshield Recall:

Vehicle Year Make Model
    2005 BUICK RAINIER
    2005 CHEVROLET TRAILBLAZER
    2005 GMC ENVOY
    2005 ISUZU ASCENDER

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/SearchResults.action;jsessionid=k7pzS32YxkNf- MD45yQF3PlgvnyhyDlcm3wg8cvLGjMv73hv2BNmQ!1507103805

Fuel Gauge Recall - Replace Fuel Level Sensor
    http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/SearchResults.action

Search for recalls and/or file a complaint:
    http://www.safercar.gov/

I will list more recalls as I find them. I know this helps me and I hope my research helps you too. Good luck.
  • The cost of the control module is between $120 and 180 and it is located on the transfer case which should be under the drivers side and it should only take 20 minutes to replace and install . Hope this helps you.
  • Yes, it does help a lot and I sure do appreciate it. As you may have seen? I found and posted several recalls...a couple of the recalls are free and others you have to pay 50%. I'm not sure if some or all is still active recalls, but I'm going to call a dealership soon and find out? I will post my finding as well. Do or did you own a Buick Rainier? If so, what problems are you having or had? Thanks again for your help. Much appreciated : )
  • I sent them a complaint with all my problems last night. Hope they can help?We'll see what happens? I'll post their response when/if I hear back?
  • I still have the 2006 buick rainier and I still have problems with the front differential.
  • Did u get a response yet ant If so was it what u wanted to hear?.
  • I think this vehicle should of been recalled long ago.
  • I agree. These should have been recalled or there should be a class action suit in the works.
    Among all of the other issues I have had with my Rainier, my front differential just blew. Luckily, I can replace it myself. I just got a used low mileage one for $400.
    In the 11 months I have owned this vehicle, I have invested $5000 in repairs. Added withe 10k I paid for it, this has cost me over $1 per mile to own.
    What a piece of junk.
  • Sorry to hear about ur front differential, I have had this problem now for 4 months and no resolve from gm., I paid $19000 for this vehicle a year ago and am so sorry sorry I bought it I had a Chevy impala 2005 and gave it up cause I had 4 granddaughters so needed bigger vehicle. So upset with myself for getting the rainier.
  • Where did u get a used one (1) for $400?.
  • I did get a response and no, it wasn't all of what I wanted to hear. The only recall is a safety issue for a free windshield. It was not installed/adhered correctly. I listed the response below.

I don't understand? Everybody on here is having the same problems, which all should be recalled due to the number of owners with the same issues! Maybe we all should email/call the NHTSA at the same time with all of our same problems and then maybe they'll do something about it? We just need a way to get the word out there to email/call them. These repairs is costing us WAY to MUCH and we should not be having all these problems or...pay for them!

Here's the recall:
    CERTAIN SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES FAIL TO COMPLY WITH THE REQUIREMENTS OF FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NO. 212, 'WINDSHIELD MOUNTING.' THE WINDSHIELD URETHANE BEAD MAY NOT HAVE ADHERED TO THE BODY IN CERTAIN AREAS DURING THE CURE PROCESS.
    CONSEQUENCE:
    IF A CRASH OCCURS, THE WINDSHIELD MAY NOT BE RETAINED, INCREASING THE RISK OF INJURY TO A VEHICLE OCCUPANT.
    REMEDY:
    DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE WINDSHIELD FREE OF CHARGE. THE RECALL BEGAN ON MARCH 10, 2005. OWNERS MAY CONTACT BUICK AT 1-866-608-8080, CHEVROLET AT 1-800-630-2438, OR GMC AT 1-866-996-9463.
  • Same response I got from them and it is sad that they know about these problems and don't care, I will contact them tomorrow , the NHTSA.
  • I am so very disheartened by all the problems with the Buick Rainier. I took mine to the dealer on June 14 when I started having problems turning at low speeds and backing up. My 2006 Rainier has only a little over 56,000 miles and have had no problems until then. I did experience the bumping noise periodically which I understand now is a precursor to the transfer case going out. I have even written to GM about the problem to see if there was any way they could provide assistance with the problem as I am only able to pay $300-$500 each month on the $2400 cost of repairs. They responded stating it was outside of their means to do anything. The dealer has been patient and working with me and I have no ill feelings toward them but it seems this is a constant problem that GM isn't willing to acknowledge as a persistent problem with these vehicles. I purchased this vehicle originally because I had a Trailblazer LTZ but like how the Rainer was a better kind of version or more luxury version. I am begging to wish I had kept my Trailblazer of almost 200k miles to my Rainier of only 56k miles. I am currently without a vehicle and having to humble myself to catching rides to work with co-workers, taking taxi or even at times walking to work and to the store. I am so frustrated! The resources I thought I would have to help with the cost of the repairs I do not have. On top of that I am fighting with identy theft from when someone stole my wallet two months priorbto my transfer case going out.
  • Sorry lady, we are all having this problem and are unhappy with GM and BUICK thought they would honor their product but found out they made this lemon knowing it was a piece of garbage and still delivered it to the same people who bailed them out. We are all contacting the NHTSA on Monday I suggest you do the same.
  • I filed my complaint with the NHTSA today. I hope we will at least be able to get enough complaints to where this will be a recall.
  • We hope this sends a message to GM to not neglect their customers who didn't neglect them when they needed help, it's a shame that it had to come to this cause they knew.
  • I will contact NHTSA tomorrow as I just read this. I am so upset that I bought this car after reading all these things. I Googled binding as I am having issues when backing up, turning, and now even going forward. My mechanic serviced the rear differential and transfer case(?), and it has gotten a little better, but still not good. I also have a leak in my air ride suspension, and had to replace the battery also. I just got it in August, and now $1,000.00 and two months later, I am just reading this forum. I do not know what the NHTSA is, but I will find out and report the problems I am having with this car to them. Thank you everyone who posts here for the alert.
  • @ scooby78: NHTSA is the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration.
    As far as the binding when turning at low speeds is concerned, have your front differential inspected. I was experiencing the same problem just before mine went out.
  • I got a used fully inspected diff from my local rebuilder. http://www.partsbyweller.com/ they have anything you need used or rebuilt and they will ship to your door.
    As I said, mine was used and fully inspected with new seals and a 90 day warranty.
    I have dealt with them for over 20 years and trust them completely.
  • we had this problem with our 2004. they fixed it by replacing the "transfer case actuator" around 500$ at that time. later the speedometer quit 700$ luckily I had opted for an aftermarket warranty so it cost me 100$ copay per incident. Later the car was hit while parked and totaled by the insurance company. Best thing that could have happened. What a lemon! Cured me of Buick and GM unless they make radical change to the way they warrant their products. Both of these happened around 50000 miles and were not covered by any kind of recall. I always buy late model used and I wouldn't do so again without a warranty of some kind. NHTSA is a place to vent but they're only concerned about safety issues.
  • How much did it cost used?
  • Used differential was $350 plus a $50 core.
  • Thank you very much, I will talk to my mechanic about it. Also, thank you for the NHTSA info.
  • Do u know if the 04 front diff fits the 06 ?.