Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jaguar XK Series Overall Ownership Experience

13»

Comments

• laurasdadalaurasdada Posts: 2,482
    To all my many loyal readers: Took a bit of a road trip this past weekend. MA to CT (overnight at Mohegan Sun, got a free t-shirt!). Then, CT to the Berkshires in MA (in driving rain for a good portion of the trip). Returning via the Turnpike from Stockbridge to Boston (Ok, Westfield to I-495...).

75/25% I'll estimate highway/local driving. Including several stops, one PITA traffic tie-up on the way home Sunday returned (per the OBC):

338 miles
    48mph average speed
    26.2mpg

All in the smooth, quiet and effortlessly powerful Jag. A pleasure, as always.

Downside? The Jag was parked under a tree from Friday night to Sunday afternoon, tree and birds did their jobs nicely. Hosed off the nasties upon returning home, will properly wash the car tonight.

'13 Jaguar XF, '11 BMW 535xi, '02 Lexus RX300

But, I'll try to break through all the noise...

'09 XK is now out of warranty. Nothing to report so far. I think it will need new shoes before state inspection. Otherwise, all is well. Just passed 35k miles, mpg has picked up as I think we may now be in the summer-blend of gas. A few dings in the passenger side door, which makes me quite sad. Like a scar on an in her prime Kim Basinger...

:( To my many, many followers on this thread: It is with great sadness that I announce the passing of my 2009 Jaguar XK....to a local Jag dealer as trade on a 2013 Jaguar XF. Great New Year's Eve deal, slightly offset by the lighter than other Jag dealer trade-in offers on the XK. But, the Jag/LR dealer (currently being refurbished) was great, threw in winter mats after the deal was done. Great financing, too.
    I will pine for the XK for some time, it was a very special car to me. But, life does not always follow a straight road, a curve in said road led me trade for a more sensible pair of shoes. A pair I could drive in the snow and take a pair or two of skis within if I so desired.
    Only have had the XF for a week, still adjusting to it. But, it is a lovely design both interior and exterior. So far, not thrilled with mpg, but not a highway run of more than a few miles so far, next week I'll take a longer road trip.
    Besides the two vs. four doors, the AWD (and the extra ~400lbs) and the big trunk, the biggest difference to me is the ambience: The XK was a British Gentleman's Library: Quiet (besides the fantastic V8 growl and excellent B & W stereo), all wood and leather with dashes of chrome. The XF is cool and modern: not quite as silent (and missing the V8 symphony), more aluminum than wood, but matted wood vs. highly glossed in the XK and a bit o'the chrome. Improved infotainment, but still lags BMW and Audi. But, easy to get used to and it works, although a bit slowly at times. Phosporesent blue lighting, cool...
    And, of course, since I bought it to be able to drive in the snow, ain't no snow to go in! And, none forecasted, it's getting warmer (from, of course around 3 degrees!). My guess is that now that I've bought a snow go car, I won't see snow again for years! Adieu, sweet XK. I hope you find a truly loving home.

• sov211sov211 Posts: 2

In a word: superb: smooth, fast, powerful, comfortable, excellent fit and finish and a shape that puts every other car to shame. And as long as you keep the battery fully charged, no problems at all.

13»