Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jaguar S-Type Climate Control Problems

Comments

• pfibpfib Posts: 2
    Many thanks.........

pfib
  • can anyone tell me where the hot water heater valve is? :confuse:
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 44,502
    It's below the receiver/dryer for the AC. It has 5 ports so it should be easy to spot. The part is $285 retail and the labor rate is 2 hours for a mechanic. Coolant extra of course, as would be clamps, hoses, whatever.

• nwjagnwjag Posts: 5
    I have a 2004 and I'm having the same problems. The heater valve has been charged but still not getting cold air on both sides. Every time I take everything part and put back, it works for a bit then hot air returns on the passenger side. Please Help!!

could it be the auxiliary water pump?
    I don't have the complete diagram for this HVAC system but this situation sounds like a possible defect in an actuator that opens and closes a blending door under the dash. Some systems are electric actuators, some vacuum. The vacuum ones tend to have these mysterious tendencies, since a small leak can slowly open or close an actuator or the door it controls.

Thanks Mr. Shiftright.

I took the auxiliary water pump off then it worked. Once the car got hot, it started blowing hot air.. You think it might be the auxiliary water pump?
    I went to Jaguar they told me it's the evaporator sensor.. I changed it and the same issue. This thing is driving me crazy..
    Can you bench test that pump? If it were inoperative, i wonder if it would block all or most coolant flow.

Mr. Shiftright, Thanks for all your help. I check the pump, its in working order.. I went back to Jag this morning, they stated once the heater valve was replaced, the car burns the climate control panel. So I'm looking at $1800+ for repairs.
    wait wait...run that dealer comment by me again please? More details?

lol.. I thought the same thing. They stated the climate control module was burnt out due to the replacement of the heater valve. Therefore, while replacing the heater valve it has the tendence of shooting out the climate control module. As per the Assistant Service Manager.
    rubbish.

• cold air coming out of vents when engine warm but 2 pipes in passenger compartment hot. does this mean valve is working. 2000 jag. s-type with v-8.can hear blend door actuators working,.
    that would depend on whether one pipe is on one side of the valve and the other pipe on the other side. I don't know the system well enough to speculate but of course if you have a hot pipe on intake and one on outflow (from the heater core) then yeah the valve would have to be working and it would seem that the blending doors or actuators are the problem.

• I own a 2005 S-Type and I am actually having the same exact problem. I just had the heater valve replaced today as it was previously leaking coolant. I believed that this was the problem with the A/C but it was not. The A/C still blows cool not cold on the passenger side and hot on the driver side with no ability to control temp. The mechanic ran a diagnostic and said that it looks like it’s could be the Climate Control Panel. Don’t want to spend $1600, if I can pinpoint the issue and have it properly repaired. Any additional help would be greatly appreciated.
  • My air conditioner blows really cold air and the weather its set at o or 89. If I take auto air off no matter what it is set on it just makes a noise as though its blowing. You can't fill any air blowing and neither warm nor cold comes out.
    Any suggestions
  • I have a 2001 S 3.0. Air conditioning works fine but no heat. Firestone ran the diagnostics and said I needed a new Climate control module at $1800. I bought a used one on line for $100 and replaced it myself. Fairly easy and took me about an hour. No change. I am going to try changing the water heater valve next. I cannot believe two Climate control modules would be bad.
  • transmission shuts down due to computer malfunction what do i do???
  • wildbill, could you please help me brother? i have a 2002 jaguar stype and air conditioning works fine but no heat. could please tell me in detail where the Climate control module is located and where online can i purchase a used one. I want to try this first to see if it helps with the heat. it sometimes come on but the hot air is faint.. just enough so i dont see my breath in the car..lol and the faint heat at times smell like some sort of plastic burning. Cant afford a 1800 right now and im mechanically inclined to some degree. or anyone else on this thread your help will graciously be appreciated
  • If anyone needs dual climate control valves I have some new ones for 140.00 on ebay the five port ones. Or if you need help installing or troubleshooting let me know
  • Hi there,
    Yesterday whilst driving with my heater on smoke started to come out of the heating system vents inside the car. I shut off the system immediately! car runs fine was able to go to work did not turn on the heating system. I did look under the hood for anything obvious found nothing.
    Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be the problem?

Help would be greatly appreciated
  • I have had the same problem for quite a while now. In fact, my wife does not want to drive the car anymore for fear of inhaling toxic gases.
    Anyway, I have a '03 6cyl w/ 69k miles. I have had it worked on by my own mechanic for this issue and apparently it hasn't worked. It seems to happen after the car is warmed up and you can actually see smoke coming through the vents. It is very frustrating, considering I have spent $300-$400 to fix it and it is the same.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks
  • Loving my this car...what a beast...noticed however that a "bubbling/gurgling" sounds sometimes comes from under the the dash... especially right after the car is turned off. Any ideas?
  • jaymzsjaymzs Posts: 16
    I too had a 2004 4.2 v8 that bubbled and gurgled now and then when hot or cold .
    Some one told me there was a purged valve on the radiator that had an air lock.
    I never had it fixed but it was annoying at times
  • Hi
    Jaguar S Type - 2.7 Deisel - Reg 2006

Re your posting Nov 13, 2009 - Heating problems.
    I have exactly the same symptoms as you. Could you tell me what the problem was, and how much did it cost to repair.

Symptoms - semi cool air blowing from centre vent driver side - warm air passenger side - temperature control and air con do not work. Checked gas level - All OK

Look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks Peter
  • jaymzsjaymzs Posts: 16
    I had warmer air in some of the vents on my 04 Stype v8,,, simple fix with a sensor.
    I think it was a couple hundred bucks, I'm going to see if I can find out waht it was I no longer own the car
  • Jaguar S Type - Heating - Air Con Problems

Deisel 2.7 - Reg 2006.

Collected car from airport car park - noticed heater controls were not working - cool air from centre vent driver side - warm air from centre vent passenger side. The heater temp control also does not work.

Any ideas what the problem is, and cost to repair.

Appreciate your help.

Regards Peter
  • jeffsljeffsl Posts: 6
    nwjag,
    The Climate Control Module has a tendency to burn out, but it is not due to the act of replacing the heater valve. The burn out is most likely caused by too much current / power draw from the old/defective heater valve (which is wired directly to the Climate Control Module). By the time the new/replacement heater valve is installed, the Climate Control Module has already burned up.

I'm an Electrical Engineer with background in automotive electronics product development, and I wasn't about to pay the dealer a four-figure sum for this when it happened in my own S-Type. If you haven't already replaced that Climate Control Module, I can diagnose and repair it for you. Let me know if I can be of assistance. E-mail me at this dedicated address I've just set up: jaguarclimatecontrol@gmail.com
  • Jaguar S Type - Heating - Air Con Problems

Deisel 2.7 - Reg 2006.

Collected car from airport car park - noticed heater controls were not working - cool air from centre vent driver side - warm air from centre vent passenger side. The heater temp control also does not work.

Any ideas what the problem is, and cost to repair.

Appreciate your help.

Regards Peter

Reg May 2006 - Current Mileage = 34,000

Thanks for your reply on Edmunds Forum.

Would appreciate any help - According to Service Manager at Jaguar is most likely to be a broken wire !!

Whats your view and cost to repair?

Regards Peter