Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jaguar X-Type: New Owners Needs Some Pointers

Comments

• i was told they can give u a starter that would'nt affect your system be sure to go to a reputable shop to do it ask Jag dealer to install one bet they would they want the service
  • No I meant did you or someone else change the tire size to a lower profile type of tire or a larger diameter wheel?

Sure, tire type can change your ride. For instance, the lower profile tires I mention, and also run flats can really punish you.

How many miles? I can't imagine your shocks being dead unless the car has about 80K on it.
  • oldcemoldcem Posts: 309
    I had an 03 2.5 Automatic with the 16 inch wheels - ride wasn't bad at all. First of all - check the air pressure in the tires. When mine was delivered, the dealer had 44 psi in them. After I dropped it to reccomended levels, the ride was fine. My current 06 X has the 17 inch wheels and the ride is a little harsher, but, not bad. I run 38 psi in the fronts, and, 35 in the rears. Neither car was a sport model, which has a much stiffer suspension.
    RE: The defroster vents - My 03 did the same thing. Took it to dealer and they replaced them with an improved design under warranty. Never had any more problem.
  • loriecloriec Posts: 3
    I purchased a 04 jaguar xt last week. There is a telephone mode on the audio panel. I am curious how to activate this. I own a T mobile cell phone. Do I somehow integrate these two? Can you shed some light on this phone mode function and how to operate and activate it. thanking you in advance.
    All the X Types have the telephone stuff on the audio panel. Talk to a dealer - I think you have to buy some additional electronics to actually get it to work.
  • dap79dap79 Posts: 1
    I have a 02 X type and both headlights went out. Should I purchase lights from Autozone and have the dealership put them in? Or is this is a do it yourself job?
  • Replacing you headlights is simple but if your not sure just ask Autozone to put them in or purchase them from a store that will put them in for you why pay the Dealer all that extra cash for no reason.
  • If your listening to radio and receive a call on your regular cellphone push cellphone button on panel that will mute your car radio so you can use your phone instead of having to turn your radio down manually
  • Try Ebaye for that key you might get lucky i get everything i need there.
  • We just bought a 2006 used X-type, and it has Sirius radio installed. There was no owners manual with the car, and we'd like to activate the satellite radio service. How do we switch from the standard radio to the satellite radio? We already have a Sirius account and know the steps to activate, but we can't get the satellite radio sound through the speakers.
  • daxdaddaxdad Posts: 3
    I purchased an 02 just today. I am feeling somewhat sheepish as I cannot locate the door lock switches.......Help
    They're the little levers located just above the door handles.

Regards:
    Oldnegineer
  • bigsmigbigsmig Posts: 1
    Hi
    I have a new 2.2 x type and i tried to set the voice recognition up, but stopped half way through.

But now all audio is muted, how do i turn the mute off

Thanks
    B :mad:
  • dcosnerdcosner Posts: 2
    I was wondering, with the price of gasoline, if it is totally necessary to put in premium. the octane they stated in the book, is actually higher than we have here in the states!
    also, I just found out that I need the tumbler assembly for my car because I have trouble turning the key in the ignition. they told me that it would take me 8 WEEKS to get this from England. By that time, I am sure I will be pushing the car to where I have to go!!!! :mad:
  • daxdaddaxdad Posts: 3
    I meant to thank you. I feel stupid... but would feel worse not ever iknowing how to use them. All the best
    Both the 2.5 and 3.0 liter engines used in the X are high compression. The 3.0 being 10.5 to 1. They need premium gas. I won't even run blended premium in mine (the 10% ethanol stuff) - it reduces my fuel economy substantially and costs the same. About your ignition lock - did you try givng it a little squirt of WD-40 in the keyhole to see if that helped.

Regards:
    OldCEM
    No problem - I've asked plently of questions of other owners on various Jag forums. It's saved me a ton of money - I'm doing almost all of the maintenance on the car myself.

Regards:
    OldCEM
  • morgartmorgart Posts: 3
    In reference ...what are you calling premium? I just purchased a 3.0 2005. I got it from a car saleswomen who sells her jags every two years. She told me to use Shell 87. It seems to run pretty good. 23-24 in town and 29-30 on the highway. Your thoughts please.
    Where I live, premium is 93 octane gas. I won't run blended premium because it's the same price here, and, it decreases my fuel economy and performance.

Regards:
    OldCEM