Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Escape Hybrid Transmission Questions

2»

Comments

• stevedebistevedebi LAPosts: 3,788
    "I was wandering why my escape 2.3 hybrid 2005 doesnt shift anylonger but 'low gearing'?
    There is no way this lowgear is able to put otherwise..
    Also the dealergarage doesnt have a solution for this problem with CVT gearing/shifting. "

I find your post unclear. The FEH does not shift gears at any time. On the "L" setting it simply puts more energy back into the battery when you let off the gas, instead of allowing the vehicle to glide.

Many people actually use "L" all the time, which won't hurt anything, but the fact is that if your "D" isn't working right, something is wrong with either the software or your CVT. Have it checked by a dealer.
  • Hello,

It's so that the other options of the CVT dont work anylonger, the poke does go in P or L, other options out of order...

I'm afraid that the whole CVT needs to be replaced, and also dealers around my town dont give prices on that because Escape is not a model that's regular in the Netherlands, so all parts etc. need to come from abroad.

Maybe someone knows prices of a new CVT ofr tricks to solve this L-gear problem?

Thanks in advance,

greetings..
    "It's so that the other options of the CVT dont work anylonger, the poke does go in P or L, other options out of order... "

Are you saying that the shifter won't go into "R" , "N", or "D"? That could be s simple mechanical problem with the shift lever.
  • hevincalihevincali Posts: 7
    Did you ever get your transaxle to talk to the vehicle?
    My transmission seized up on me a month ago. I have an early 2006 model and bought a used 2005 transaxle since according to the parts store they are the same model. I installed it over the weekend and went to start the vehicle this morning and it starts but then immediately shuts off with the familiar stop safely now message. The theft light also comes on. I've got a computerized scan tool that I'm going to try tonight but am looking for any helpful information...
  • mpethtelmpethtel Posts: 1
    My hybrid is not shifting right. I was getting good gas mileage and now I am not. When I took to ford they said there was no codes and no light to indicate trouble. I said the transmission isn't shifting right I can get up to 5 or 6k and let off gas and may it drops a little. Its like its not shifting at all. when on the interstate to pass the rpms go way up and its like I am in a low gear, and 15 mpg is the highest I get. I am not sure what to do or what to replace since ford has no idea.
    edited August 2011
    "My hybrid is not shifting right. I was getting good gas mileage and now I am not. When I took to ford they said there was no codes and no light to indicate trouble. I said the transmission isn't shifting right I can get up to 5 or 6k and let off gas and may it drops a little. Its like its not shifting at all. when on the interstate to pass the rpms go way up and its like I am in a low gear, and 15 mpg is the highest I get. I am not sure what to do or what to replace since ford has no idea. "

That sounds like the battery may not be functioning. The Atkinson cycle gets poor efficiency at low speeds; the battery drive compensates for this. Either the battery is failing or perhaps the cooling fans are not working. If you get a ScanGuage, it will tell you the state of charge of the battery.

I'm assuming you have an older FEH, not a 2009 or newer...
2»